Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

welcome to agile, where the timelines are made up and the requirements don't matter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

MVP has started being used all the time by our project managers, like it somehow means something by itself.

they get super pissed off when people go "well the minimum for it to be viable is it must do everything we need it to, otherwise its useless" because it doesn't fit the costs or dates that they made up because they haven't bothered to understand the complexity of what's involved

edit: the other one is "what's the exam question we're trying to solve?" idk man you invited me to this bullshit meeting you tell me

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

fart simpson posted:

it’s because software is more difficult than lesser engineering disciplines, like mechanical engineering, op

Boeing might actually agree with you there tbf

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

suffix posted:

Agile software development paradigms can be used in other areas of life such as raising children. Its success in child development might be founded on some basic management principles; communication, adaptation, and awareness. In a TED Talk, Bruce Feiler shared how he applied basic agile paradigms to household management and raising children.[121]

get out of bed kids its time for the daily stand up

timmy you're down as blocked on "lernin" could you explain please?