Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who won the debate
This poll is closed.
Hillary (haha!) 49 32.03%
Bernie 17 11.11%
Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. 87 56.86%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The 11th 2020 Democratic Primary Debates
Hosted at the Arizona Federal Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona CNN Studio in Washington D.C. by CNN, Univision, and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus BOLD. The moderators are CNN's Dana Bash and Jake Tapper, along with Univision's Ilia Calderón. It will air from 8PM to 10PM EST

The Debate will be streamed live on CNN and probably some other places when it goes live.

The Odd Couple

Participants
In alphabetical Order:

Joe Biden

Bernie Sanders

Delegates have been revamped once more and Tulsi Gabbard is once again unfairly shut out. The requirements were to have 20% of potential delegates by March 15. No points for guessing who this excludes.

Participation History

As of editing, the DNC are still planning on a 12th and final debate, but nothing as been announced as of yet.

Xelkelvos has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Mar 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a lot of candidates this close to Iowa and NH. Hopefully they all split the shitlib moderate vote and Bernie emerges on top like the crowded GOP field did to Trump

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Locks of the day:

- Bernie will get a completely disingenuous question about Bolivia, but only him.
- Warren is going to defend her "medicare option" switch by referring to "my friend Ady"
- Buttgieg will imply that any criticism of him is why Americans hate politicians (stolen from Luke Savage)
- There will be at least one 20 minute stretch where Bernie won't be able to say a single thing

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Zeno-25 posted:

That's a lot of candidates this close to Iowa and NH. Hopefully they all split the shitlib moderate vote and Bernie emerges on top like the crowded GOP field did to Trump

Half these idiots aren't even relevant at this point in regards to polling unless someone resurges. Atm the only candidates of note are Biden, Butt, Sanders and Warren. Harris was relevant but has been losing steam to Butt but who knows how long that may last. He's currently topping Iowa though, but it may be transient. Sanders is slowly losing steam, but probably not by enough before Super Tuesday. He'll definitely place in at least one state. Biden is also losing steam as well, but he'll at least top SC in addition to placing in at least on of the other first four. Warren is slowly building and will also place in at least one state.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bernie sanders

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Xelkelvos posted:

Half these idiots aren't even relevant at this point in regards to polling unless someone resurges. Atm the only candidates of note are Biden, Butt, Sanders and Warren. Harris was relevant but has been losing steam to Butt but who knows how long that may last. He's currently topping Iowa though, but it may be transient. Sanders is slowly losing steam, but probably not by enough before Super Tuesday. He'll definitely place in at least one state. Biden is also losing steam as well, but he'll at least top SC in addition to placing in at least on of the other first four. Warren is slowly building and will also place in at least one state.

look who is in denial of tulsmentum

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/1197234387806539779?s=20

Also the media will hold up *rolls dice, checks table* Harris as the Big Winner of the Evening and New Rising Star of the 2020 Primary, contrary to all sense or evidence

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
i was watching msnbc with a couple of my volunteers who are OBSESSED with maddow

lawrence o'whatshisface said to rachel, "during the debate you should quiz the candidates on whether they know the ukraine phone transcript verbatim"

this is where we are as a party. RUSSIA UKRAINE TRUMP RUSSIA UKRAINE TRUMP RUSSIA UKRAINE TRUMP oh we're in a primary election i guess.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Mr. Buttigieg we are in Atlanta Georgia and you are currently polling at 0% with black people. Are black people too latently homophobic to support you despite how good and right you are?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Bernie

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what is corey booker still doing on this stage

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

looking forward to them just loving shutting off the stage lights and mics every time a moderator asks bernie a question

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

good bernie pic

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/1197234387806539779?s=20

Also the media will hold up *rolls dice, checks table* Harris as the Big Winner of the Evening and New Rising Star of the 2020 Primary, contrary to all sense or evidence

Naw. It's gonan be Klob that is called the winner regardless of what happens.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1197248750969872385

Debate ended already? Thanks Biden!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Just leaving Bernie out of the OP with no comment would have been next-level

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

what's with all the jpeg artifacts on the pants of the kid in the bernie photo? was he actually nude from the waist down and the mspaint was thrown on to look like he was wearing pants?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Freaking Crumbum posted:

what's with all the jpeg artifacts on the pants of the kid in the bernie photo? was he actually nude from the waist down and the mspaint was thrown on to look like he was wearing pants?

yes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Freaking Crumbum posted:

also bernie was wearing a sweater with only one sleeve, like vermont mad max

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Freaking Crumbum posted:

if you got to meet bernie in person wouldn't you also do it nude from the waist down

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Al! posted:

also bernie was wearing a sweater with only one sleeve, like vermont mad max

i admit, i was staring at the crotch so intensely i didn't even notice the same thing on bern's arm

Chillgamesh posted:

if you got to meet bernie in person wouldn't you also do it nude from the waist down

:hai:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/chas10buttigieg/status/1197231194288640000?s=21

oh dear.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So are the debate hosts just going to ignore bernie again

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Wemus posted:

So are the debate hosts just going to ignore bernie again

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/1197223578703482880

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pete posting on his livejournal.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
there's still 9 candidates, of whom are polling under 2% designed to eat up bernie's time :cripes:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
msnbc... hope bernie's wearing a vest.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

joepinetree posted:

Locks of the day:

- Bernie will get a completely disingenuous question about Bolivia, but only him.
- Warren is going to defend her "medicare option" switch by referring to "my friend Ady"
- Buttgieg will imply that any criticism of him is why Americans hate politicians (stolen from Luke Savage)
- There will be at least one 20 minute stretch where Bernie won't be able to say a single thing

got any other news from 6 hours from now we should know about

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/postXamerica/status/1196817910406230018

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Focused.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I'm gonna get really red and nude tonight every time they call Warren's retreat from M4A a "transition plan".

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

bernie

will

win

motherfuckers

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

there's still 9 candidates, of whom are polling under 2% designed to eat up bernie's time :cripes:

It’s all about choices

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Just realized the Ady thing probably isn't even gonna come from Warren. It's gonna come from a moderator. "Bernie, prominent M4A advocates have endorsed Warrens plan, if you say they are wrong in any way it means you are a mean doo doo head, please tell us how these endorsements mean that Warren's plan is way better than your pie in the sky not even written down in your dream journal idea"

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

lol the last debate before the primaries in january is gonna still have like 8 candidates when it should have 4-6

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KaptainKrunk posted:

lol the last debate before the primaries in january is gonna still have like 8 candidates when it should have 4-6

Nobody other than Biden, Sanders, Warren, and Buttigieg has a shot at leaving Iowa with any delegates so the pre Iowa debate should be just those four. Maybe, maybe you add Yang because he'll hit 15% in a handful of precincts in college towns but won't hit it overall for the state.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

corey booger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bearjew posted:

corey booger