Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who won the debate
This poll is closed.
Hillary (haha!) 49 32.03%
Bernie 17 11.11%
Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. 87 56.86%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

man I am too high for whatever is going on with the debate threads

and too bewildered at the vast possibility space of what biden could do tonight

it's such a roll of the dice. he could have a lucid moment and just do boring stump speeches. he could throw a punch. he could fall asleep at the podium.

anything goes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

man I am too high for whatever is going on with the debate threads

and too bewildered at the vast possibility space of what biden could do tonight

it's such a roll of the dice. he could have a lucid moment and just do boring stump speeches. he could throw a punch. he could fall asleep at the podium.

anything goes!

American Politics will have truly joined the 20th century when the Capitol building has pubs like the UK and there's at least one fistfight on the floor of Congress and/or Senate. We enter the 21st century when it's a weed cafe and the fistfight is on network TV by presidential candidates.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

pretty sure that the other thread is full of biden supporters

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

pretty sure that the other thread is full of biden supporters

The other thread is for Nojoes only

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The federal reserve just cut rates to 0% and authorized $700,000,000,000 of mortgage-backed security purchases so expect Bernie's podium to be toppled by the massive erection he'll have from being able to talk about TARP 2: Electric Boogaloo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

The federal reserve just cut rates to 0% and authorized $700,000,000,000 of mortgage-backed security purchases so expect Bernie's podium to be toppled by the massive erection he'll have from being able to talk about TARP 2: Electric Boogaloo

And expect it to never get brought up just to blueball him more.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

shame on an IGA posted:

Please piledrive the bankers maple grandpa

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jewel Repetition posted:

Thank gently caress.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I haven't though about the primary in like a week. How are they even having a debate while theres a food panic going on? I dont have the drat energy to watch this poo poo

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
"Warmonger Joe Dies on Stage"

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Citizens, your city is now under a quarantine and strict curfew and we've declared martial law. Be sure to remember to go vote though!!!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
CNN's website just pointed out to me that it is the Ides of March.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

phasmid posted:

CNN's website just pointed out to me that it is the Ides of March.

Sadly the stage is 1v1 so there's not a case where a candidate will get knifed by everyone else, en masse, like Bloomberg did a few debates ago.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Fortunately for Bernie, there's not gonna be an Audience to rig the opinion of viewers by cheering for Biden (though no one will be cheering for Bernie either)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Xelkelvos posted:

Sadly the stage is 1v1 so there's not a case where a candidate will get knifed by everyone else, en masse, like Bloomberg did a few debates ago.

This is why it’s a shame that Tulsi, Avatar of Chaos, won’t be participating

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Xelkelvos posted:

Fortunately for Bernie, there's not gonna be an Audience to rig the opinion of viewers by cheering for Biden (though no one will be cheering for Bernie either)

what if the mods start cheering

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

mediaphage posted:

This is why it’s a shame that Tulsi, Avatar of Chaos, won’t be participating

unironically this

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
"Vice President Biden, I think we all remember Barack Obama, who many consider to be the greatest president of our time - or perhaps all time. Under Obama, the nation prospered like never before, Obama singlehandedly made being gay legal, and was tough but fair on the banks in the aftermath of the 2008 recession. I think it's great that we have the opportunity to elect his vice president in 2020. I don't have a question, I just wanted to state how loving much I love Barack Obama and remind everyone you worked for him and how great that era was. As an aside, to senator Sanders, why do you hate Obama and his shining legacy?"

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This debate is going to be the worst one yet

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I'm the rising, palpable dread emanating from the deepest recesses of your soul.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

The Protagonist posted:

I'm the rising, palpable dread emanating from the deepest recesses of your soul.

oh hey I thought I felt you swing by

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Protagonist posted:

Rising? You're a little late there.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
When does this bullshit get started anyway

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Rising? You're a little late there.

I've made peace with my fate I just want Bernie to kick the poo poo out of him on the way out the door

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Chokes McGee posted:

8pm EST iirc

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Chokes McGee posted:

:thunk:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am on the west coast, I am debating between making tea to calm my nerves for this or just go straight to day drinking

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Chokes McGee posted:

Joek answer: 1776

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am on the west coast, I am debating between making tea to calm my nerves for this or just go straight to day drinking

Make tea + a shot of liquor of ur choice. One of my favs back in the day

I recommend breakfast tea plus bourbon

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cool dance moves posted:

Joek answer: 65 billion bc

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Does Joe Biden have any identifying marks or stuff we can use to ensure what Bernie debates isn't an android, clone or a man from that movie Dave who is a near identical person they bring in so no one know the real Joe Biden has been dead for 6 months

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Make a Bullshot
https://www.thespruceeats.com/bull-shot-recipe-761021

Soup and drinks, all in one.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Does Joe Biden have any identifying marks or stuff we can use to ensure what Bernie debates isn't an android, clone or a man from that movie Dave who is a near identical person they bring in so no one know the real Joe Biden has been dead for 6 months

Honestly Biden's face already looks like one of the Walking Dead skin masks, so I doubt we would notice if they slipped it over someone else.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
Can we pick a loving thread please

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Noblesse Obliged posted:

now listen here, j-j-j-j-jack. you lying dog-og-og-og faced PONY SoLdIeR. *sizzling sound* please return this unit to manufacturer

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

wet_goods posted:

Can we pick a loving thread please

if we all post in triplicate it will be fine

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Jazerus posted:

now listen here, j-j-j-j-jack. you lying dog-og-og-og faced PONY SoLdIeR. *sizzling sound* please return this unit to manufacturer

This question reminds me of that time I found a turtle on its back..

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jewel Repetition posted:

:mad: give me back my tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Really hoping for an eye popping debate.