Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

...! posted:

my only complaint about the cake one (and i still have no idea what spurred someone to buy the same avatar for so many people or what it even meant) is that whoever bought it failed to preserve my gangtags :argh:

if only there was some sort of immutable public ledger where forums awards could be stored for all time:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Boxturret posted:

if only there was some sort of immutable public ledger where forums awards could be stored for all time:sigh:

SAclopedia?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

whatisthatmandoingtohisbuttcoin

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

divabot posted:

this one was fun. we're at the stage of the AI hype cycle where there's money in creating a company that doesn't exist.

tl;dr it was a crypto scam, because of course it loving was

lol, from a drop-down FAQ thing

quote:

How can Vortax replace Zoom?

For many companies, Vortax can completely replace Zoom. Vowel covers all the basics of video conferencing — and much more, including AI-powered meeting summaries, universal search across meeting content, and collaborative agendas and notes.

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

quote:

How can Vortax replace Zoom?

For many companies, Vortax can completely replace Zoom. Vowel covers all the basics of video conferencing — and much more, including AI-powered meeting summaries, universal search across meeting content, and collaborative agendas and notes.

cool I'm definitely gonna trust a product that doesn't even know its own loving name

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
its an append only sales pitch

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

I would NOT like to buy that vowel

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it says vowel because when you use it, you go "aaaaaeeeeeeeee!!! i o u??!?"

the imminent huh
Apr 6, 2016

JAnon posted:

cool I'm definitely gonna trust a product that doesn't even know its own loving name

look it's an honest mistake.

imagine you've prepared all the materials for your scam, and then when you go to register a domain name, you notice it's like $50. and as an honest scammer you just don't have that kind of money to throw around.

so you have to scramble to find the next best domain name that's under $10, and you have to find and replace the name. except instead of clicking "replace all" you accidentally click "replace".

could happen to any of us, don't judge an honest scam by this tiny mistake!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
since i read the article i know the secret truth
the fake wallet stealer ai-for-videocalls app is squatting on the corpse of a real ai-for-videocalls startup that went out of business. and yes they just did a find-and-replace on the previous company's ad copy

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Grace Baiting posted:

a lagrange point is where the farm is located, hth

Wait isn't home that one finds on lagrange?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BrotherJayne posted:

How? How? How?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BrotherJayne posted:

just let me know if you wanna go.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

are you questioning how

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

...! posted:

are you questioning how

Plz don't question my commitment to how.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

BrotherJayne posted:

sure if you wanna live on a major throughfare in Chicago's southwest suburbs

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

BrotherJayne posted:

NO

it`s zz top

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
a wild bruce "bruce fenton" fenton appears!

Panfilo posted:

Every drat time
https://twitter.com/brucefenton/status/1780174543555895609?t=ePat5WJkr1rQNfgLF_Gi6A&s=19
Libertarian in UAE calling for protestors to get murdered

it`s super hosed!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lol

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Weatherman posted:

a wild bruce "bruce fenton" fenton appears!

it`s super hosed!

He's welcome to the full freedom of my movement. I've been eating oatmeal all week!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

imagining bruce angrily driving through a house because he doesn't want to drive around the block instead and he's entitled to absolute freedom of movement

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
where is this dude driving, where the gently caress does he have to be, I thought these people have lived online for the last 25 years

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

where is this dude driving, where the gently caress does he have to be, I thought these people have lived online for the last 25 years

I don't know about elsewhere, but there are pro Palestine protestors chaining themselves together and blocking highways in the Bay Area. Maybe he's talking about that.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Freedom of movement. Lol.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

skaboomizzy posted:

he definitely was not actually personally affected by this he's just getting Mad Online about it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Escape From Noise posted:

Freedom of movement. Lol.

the constitution does actually guarantee freedom of movement but the supreme court has interpreted that to mean "you can always loving walk" so no you're not in fact entitled to being able to drive everywhere

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
in any civilized society it would be legal to give bruce fenton a god drat wedgie

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

is that the Bruce with the cellphone?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

the constitution does actually guarantee freedom of movement but the supreme court has interpreted that to mean "you can always loving walk" so no you're not in fact entitled to being able to drive everywhere

I know. I just think it's really funny that he thinks it means something about driving. Like an inconvenience is the same as being detained.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
freedom of movement means the government can’t tell you where to post

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Carthag Tuek posted:

is that the Bruce with the cellphone?

he's in dubai as of 2 days ago, so probably not

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You're telling me the person who invented fentanyl and singlehandedly flooded the US with it doesn't value human life?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

You're telling me the person who invented fentanyl and singlehandedly flooded the US with it doesn't value human life?

:eyepop:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

if he’s a libertarian i bet he wouldn’t let anyone have freedom of movement on his property

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

“freedom of movement is paramount, i must be able to murder those in my way”

“sorry subjects, i have purchased a small ring of common land around your tenancy, you can’t trespass on it to leave”

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

imagining bruce angrily driving through a house because he doesn't want to drive around the block instead and he's entitled to absolute freedom of movement
he should try "traveling" and not "driving" :smugdog:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Eeyo posted:

if he’s a libertarian i bet he wouldn’t let anyone have freedom of movement on his property
isn’t he the Pattaya guy? probably interested in multiple kinds of unrestricted traffic.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Shumagorath posted:

isn’t he the Pattaya guy? probably interested in multiple kinds of unrestricted traffic.

bruce wagner is the pattaya and bitcoin show guy iirc

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yeah its bruce "phone fall" wagner and bruce "bruce fenton" fenton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Boxturret posted:

yeah its bruce "phone fall" wagner and bruce "bruce fenton" fenton

i honestly don't get the reference.