Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

This has been bugging me: why "CWises" and not "CWisis"?

Blame ruddiger, i just copied what he typed in the LoT thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Considering how many actors and characters have been confirmed to show up, am I too far out there to hope Mark Hamill gets to do something in the Crisis?

Just let him be some version of the Joker or Trickster again, that's all I need.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

Considering how many actors and characters have been confirmed to show up, am I too far out there to hope Mark Hamill gets to do something in the Crisis?

Just let him be some version of the Joker or Trickster again, that's all I need.

Probably won't be more than a quick cameo because of his schedule with the new Star Wars stuff, but then again a lot of these characters will probably be relegated to cameos because of the sheer amount involved.

He did already do a brief 30 second cameo during the modern Star Wars era already tho, and he seems to really love playing those characters, so I think it would be a safe bet that he shows up at some point.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

My understanding is that his Superman is inspired by Kingdom Come; but whether it's Superman Returns Superman in the future or another one is unclear.

The producer confirmed he is playing the same superman from Returns. So we get a continuation of the Reeve's superman in the crisis too.

https://sciencefiction.com/2019/11/...ovies-superman/

So I guess it is now confirmed that Reeve's superman eventually turns into the Kingdom Come superman.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 25, 2019

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

badjohny posted:

The producer confirmed he is playing the same superman from Returns. So we get a continuation of the Reeves superman in the crisis too.

https://sciencefiction.com/2019/11/...ovies-superman/

So I guess it is now confirmed that Reeves superman eventually turns into the Kingdom Come superman.

Goddammit, it's Reeve.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But what about the skewed timeline Donner Superman from 3 and 4?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Blame ruddiger, i just copied what he typed in the LoT thread.

CWises sounds funnier anyway

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's -es because there are multiple crises.
--How do they save the multiverse?
--How do they coordinate shooting schedules across 5 different teams and a metric buttload of guest stars?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been watching a lot of "best of" clips as COIE approaches. For all the problems I've had with the various shows over the last 8 years, when they were good, they were so drat good.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Timby posted:

Goddammit, it's Reeve.

It always is great that there's a Reeve Superman and a Reeves Superman though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, this week is repeats do get all the shows' episode numbers to line up properly heading in to Crisis aside from Arrow and Legends, for obvious reasons. Next week's Supergirl is gonna deal with Lena and get her plot out of the way before Crisis and next week's Batwoman is going to probably square away Alice and her bullshit too. I'd be willing to wager both episodes end with a last-second scene of Lyla showing up in front of Kara and Kate and going "It's Crisis time, bitches!"

I want that to happen verbatim. Especially wearing the Harbinger suit.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Fancy Hat posted:

unless he's pulling a fast one (TRICKED YA!!!!!) Hamill has confirmed he will not be on it :smith:

also it's not Joker it's Trickster of Earth-3 are you trying to get our cool toys taken away by WB :mad:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rhyno posted:

I've been watching a lot of "best of" clips as COIE approaches. For all the problems I've had with the various shows over the last 8 years, when they were good, they were so drat good.

There either needed to be half as many episodes or 30 min episodes. I like 30 min idea better because they keep doing "Villain escapes by throwing a smoke bomb" type stuff when the good guys are a master survivalist who should be good at tracking people with a super hacker giving him directions over an ear piece, a guy so fast time almost stops when he moves, and literal time travelers.

Out of those 3 its only cute/funny when the time travelers gently caress up cause they're the smartest idiots and dumbest geniuses in the world.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

From Arrow to 'Crisis': Inside the evolution of the Arrowverse and its crossovers.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, so I watched last year's crossover arc, and though I don't have any screengrabs to show, was the language in the book the same speedster language that Barry was speaking when he said 'this house is bitchin!'?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Vietnamwees posted:

Hey, so I watched last year's crossover arc, and though I don't have any screengrabs to show, was the language in the book the same speedster language that Barry was speaking when he said 'this house is bitchin!'?
According to the wiki yes.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rhyno posted:

He's an amazing person. I finally got to meet him last year and after I sang his praises for a few minutes he asked me some questions about my life, thanked me for the kind words and hugged me. I really wish I'd sprung for the photo op, it was such a good experience.

I will never miss an excuse to post this, but he did such an incredible job with Clark in Superman returns that it has always annoyed me they couldn't keep him on for another movie.

Just look at that dopey motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJaRaBIuhEo

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

oh drat, Supergirl has a bitchin suit

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

If you told me fifteen years ago that the CW/WB was going to adapt Crisis on Infinite Earths and that I was going to by hyped for it I'd have called you a liar to your face.

Anyway, here's some quotes from some various Arrowverse stars being hyped to see Routh as Superman.

8one6 fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 3, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

8one6 posted:

If you told me fifteen years ago that the CW/WB was going to adapt Crisis on Infinite Earths and that I was going to by hyped for it I'd have called you a liar to your face.

Anyway, here's some quotes from some various Arrowverse stars being hyped to see Routh as Supermam."

That makes me so excited to see him back in action.

I wonder if they got the Williams theme cleared for use?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Routh's KC suit just proves that trunks work fine if you have a competent designer. My god, the Returns suit was so bad

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

Routh's KC suit just proves that trunks work fine if you have a competent designer. My god, the Returns suit was so bad

Eh, embiggen the trunks and make the boots taller, that was really the only thing wrong with it. According to his wife's posts, he's bigger now than he was in 2006.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

OOOOOOOHHHHH FFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1201910457537355776?s=20

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Separating the last 2 parts by a month is a loving crime :argh:

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Awesome trailer! I haven’t even read the original COIE, but I’m all in for ridiculously massive crossover mayhem!

This HAS to be the biggest TV fiction crossover event ever, right?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Tommy Westphal would object to that.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Jetsons meeting the Flintstones imo

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

TwoPair posted:

My wife loves these shows but hasn't read a comic in her life. When I explained to her that "yeah when they do these big stories you have to wait a month between issues and usually there's some kind of art delay so it takes even longer" she looked at me like I was a crazy person.

One month gap, especially when you can set up a really incredible cliffhanger? I'm all in for that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

kjetting posted:

Some quick googling shows that there's the Defenders of course, but that was only 4 shows. Ummm, back when there were three separate CSI shows they all had an event of sorts? There've been a lot of times where networks try to crossover various awful sitcoms but those are more cameos than crossovers...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Some quick googling shows that there's the Defenders of course, but that was only 4 shows. Ummm, back when there were three separate CSI shows they all had an event of sorts? There've been a lot of times where networks try to crossover various awful sitcoms but those are more cameos than crossovers...

This is pulling in voice actors and people from shows that ended years ago. This is bigger than anything else to date.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

TwoPair posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress even is this? There are literally 5 weeks between part 3 and part 4-5. It makes me not even want to watch it until January. Why would you break up a single storyline like that?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

kjetting posted:

Awesome trailer! I haven’t even read the original COIE, but I’m all in for ridiculously massive crossover mayhem!

Cartoon All-stars to the Rescue crossed over way more shows as all your favorite Saturday morning cartoon characters teamed up to save a kid from becoming a drug addict.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

TwoPair posted:

The Chicago shows and Law and Order SVU have crossovers frequently, but never more than three at a time. Could theoretically get to five someday though.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Routh is really looking great as Kingdom Come Superman.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope he gets a new Lois by the end of the crossover, Routh's Superman deserves happiness and closure.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

This is pulling in voice actors and people from shows that ended years ago. This is bigger than anything else to date.

Oh definitely, I was just pulling examples to show how different this is from other crossovers.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I hope he gets a new Lois by the end of the crossover, Routh's Superman deserves happiness and closure.

I mean, Courtney Ford is right there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chills.

A Fancy Hat posted:

My wife loves these shows but hasn't read a comic in her life. When I explained to her that "yeah when they do these big stories you have to wait a month between issues and usually there's some kind of art delay so it takes even longer" she looked at me like I was a crazy person.

One month gap, especially when you can set up a really incredible cliffhanger? I'm all in for that.

I hadn't thought of it those terms but yeah, remembering that a comic Crisis would take like a minimum of 6 months makes it way easier to digest the wait on this.

oh jay posted:

The Jetsons meeting the Flintstones imo

Argue posted:

Cartoon All-stars to the Rescue crossed over way more shows as all your favorite Saturday morning cartoon characters teamed up to save a kid from becoming a drug addict.

Toss in the Laugh Olympics and A Muppet Family Christmas and you have my childhood hyping me for this.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I remember reading that Routh started getting pretty jacked after Returns until DC decided to go another direction. I'm glad to see how well he's kept that up and dude looks completely badass in that suit.

I still love Returns, even with all it's heavy faults. Routh getting another stab at Supes makes me far too happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just saw Returns is on Netflix so I might sneak a rewatch in when I finally finish catching up on Black Lightning. Its way more practical than trying to squeeze Constantine or Birds of Prey or 90s Flash in.

I didn't like Returns when I saw it in the theaters but that was 13 years ago so who the hell knows how I feel now?