Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Better Posts Aren't Possible: Advanced D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Wheeee posted:

Better Posts Aren't Possible: Advanced D&D

I still think basic is better since LF already did Advanced D&D
maybe D&D Next

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Enjoy posted:

there's a war on for your emptyquote

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
If you like your posts you can keep them

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Please create a thread introducing yourself

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

its a nice subtle dig at neoliberalism, self depreciation, and double entendre. OP is updated.

now that the title seems to be decided upon, how about the subtitle? the current one when viewed in D&D is "Cradling joe manchin in my arms, that these vicious blows fall upon my body rather than his"

i still like "stfu about politics. its time 2 party. build a snowman, do some shoppin, go 2 the mall n eat a cinnabun."

"Cradling joe manchin..." is good though a reference to a real classic post,

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
CSPAM: free crazy cloud

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Turdfuzz posted:

Either that or just change it back to Shut The gently caress Up Liberal.

I also support the STFU Liberal option

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
C-SPAM: Better Posts Aren't Possible - [anderson cooper, fighting back tears]: how can you say that

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

party plane jones no fly zone

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

reignonyourparade posted:

"Cradling joe manchin..." is good though a reference to a real classic post,

...made in d&d and the d&d mods liked it.

like tears in the rain etc, moving on with our lives, our own title autonomy etc.

redneck nazgul posted:

party plane jones no fly zone

too inflammatory, people are welcome to post but they cant be plainsclothes cops anymore from the big brother (is watching) forum. i would commend ppj's bravery and respect the effort to mingle with the ghetto if given the time and probably would have been better instead of drive by probations, but doesn't do that and is one of the reasons for this call to move forward with new titles and the new mods were apparently supposed to get. there's already discrimination enough as it is in d&d and we have to be better than that~ we have to take the higher ground friend

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

too inflammatory, people are welcome to post but they cant be plainsclothes cops anymore from the big brother (is watching) forum. i would commend ppj's bravery and respect the effort to mingle with the ghetto if given the time and probably would have been better instead of drive by probations, but doesn't do that and is one of the reasons for this call to move forward with new titles and the new mods were apparently supposed to get. there's already discrimination enough as it is in d&d and we have to be better than that~ we have to take the higher ground friend

nah, gently caress that. he's a hack who never should have gotten buttons and he should be reminded of it every time he sees our forum name under his.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

redneck nazgul posted:

nah, gently caress that. he's a hack who never should have gotten buttons and he should be reminded of it every time he sees our forum name under his.

it'd be like putting a trump on a rando skyscraper tho

yes, he is a discriminatory rear end in a top hat but we have to be better, we must kill with kindness, we must tear down the walls :qq: can't we just heal and divide

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Lastgirl posted:

it'd be like putting a trump on a rando skyscraper tho

yes, he is a discriminatory rear end in a top hat but we have to be better, we must kill with kindness, we must tear down the walls :qq: can't we just heal and divide

Liberalgirl

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wheeee posted:

Liberalgirl

he probated crazy cloud for 3 days for asking to report a strawmanner while crazy cloud had better counter arguments because thin skin

how are we supposed to be the model forum if we have the same paperthin skin reactionary impulse to thing we dont like

yes ppj gassed a thread under a highly dubious claim of forums raiding whereas he keeps a list of who cross posts in both forums

yes ppj comes by and changes titles on his own direction and whim after the content mill churned out inside jokes and it is now some weird non-sequitur out of context title about sexual fluids in a hamfisted way to appropriate our posting culture

yes ppj sometimes probates posts that were framed in out of context here randomly

yes pp-

ok he sucks as an authority figure, im sure a great guy irl or whatever im sorry i can't do it anymore but we have to focus, we have to keep c-spam great and it starts by adding our own subtitle so lets do it and not get this thread closed because mods mad again

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

I'm loving sick of people that have a problem with our "no ethnofascism" rule

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

D&D thank you, Next

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

he probated crazy cloud for 3 days for asking to report a strawmanner while crazy cloud had better counter arguments because thin skin

how are we supposed to be the model forum if we have the same paperthin skin reactionary impulse to thing we dont like

yes ppj gassed a thread under a highly dubious claim of forums raiding whereas he keeps a list of who cross posts in both forums

yes ppj comes by and changes titles on his own direction and whim after the content mill churned out inside jokes and it is now some weird non-sequitur out of context title about sexual fluids in a hamfisted way to appropriate our posting culture

yes ppj sometimes probates posts that were framed in out of context here randomly

yes pp-

ok he sucks as an authority figure, im sure a great guy irl or whatever im sorry i can't do it anymore but we have to focus, we have to keep c-spam great and it starts by adding our own subtitle so lets do it and not get this thread closed because mods mad again

very cool

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cspam really breaks peoples brains

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

cspam really breaks peoples brains

that should be the subtitle imo i think

it should be like a warning label :hmmyes:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

I don't really care. Change it to whatever you want. It doesn't matter. Hurry up, though. I'm tired of waiting.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

No admins really pay attention to this place anymore ever since ZDR died and FAU was castrated. It's only Smythe really and that's only when he's drunk or horny.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Basically, you need a subtitle that appeals to Smythe's drunken/horny state.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Turdfuzz posted:

Basically, you need a subtitle that appeals to Smythe's drunken/horny state.

C-Spam: im going to gently caress trump's nussy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
C-SPAM: Better Posts Aren't Possible

subtitle - "I'd appreciate if you wouldn't gaslight me."

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
subtitle: CIA tortures a brown person *Jim turns and smirks at the camera*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

very cool

look eonwe, leftists just don't take to authority very well, let me try to reason with them because ppj should be free to post where he wants instead of being the subject of much consternation and ire

i will admit that ive had my share of issues and i let it go because its a internet forum but hierarchies are bad as you can see why given the latest 2 major dramas involving d&d mods/admin unfortunately and you can't discount or marginalize people's issues when valid because you are friends and you want them to get along.

ill admit that i wasn't being fair because i was razzing hard, since the truth is in the middle~ and that yes, you find the idea of people equating moderation action to actual police brutality troubling especially if its irony poisoned even in jest and that it has caught on as an attitude of flippancy.

the purpose of this thread was to be silly and at the same time move forward with this goodwill gesture of democratic action and community input and since ppj no longer has domain here because of an overreach that was actually pretty valid as an overreaction, eonwe as a result of pushback. Nobody's perfect and it is a thankless job, and i want to be clear that we should not denigrate him further at this point in this thread since that is not its purpose and is unfair and the point is to move forward.

not left, not right, but forward.

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

subtitle: CIA tortures a brown person *Jim turns and smirks at the camera*

i like this one

i havent seen much of the new jack ryan because its not very good and i can't stop thinking about jimface everytime i see john

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Lastgirl posted:

C-SPAM: Better Posts Aren't Possible - [anderson cooper, fighting back tears]: how can you say that

e also jim office one swell

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Extremely long posts are extremely my jam

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

it's best to remember why C-SPAM coalesced into what it is in the first place and it was to be way better than D&D

better to do better than to hunch your back over and complain in a miserly fashion, as is the fashion in D&D

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Victory Position posted:

it's best to remember why C-SPAM coalesced into what it is in the first place and it was to be way better than D&D

better to do better than to hunch your back over and complain in a miserly fashion, as is the fashion in D&D

:hai:

but to just address the particular elephant in the room with this thread so we can go back to doing stupid poo poo

honestly, the d&d mods interaction in c-spam started recently, as little over a yearish ago and it had never happened before to my knowledge so it seemed like it was unspoken that everyone just had their own lanes for a while until the mod line up changed if i recall. A lot has happened in the run up to independent moderation which is confusing because it had been assumed as such and i guess its just now a spoken thing where clear demarcations are to be made and i think it was just a communication failure and that posters weren't taken seriously when they asked for it to be stopped repeatedly. Granted there were overtly confrontational and hostile exchanges, and that's just C-SPAM's nature, to be brutally honest. Even the behaviors of our respective regulars from both d&d and c-spam probably fomented this atmosphere that could be unhealthy in terms of rivalry but we all were so set on differentiating ourselves from that forum so in a way we are all responsible.

I don't know what the hell went on behind scenes, neither do most of the regulars and that was probably part of the problem not being addressed and even still the original c-spam mods can be conspicuously absent for long stretches of time, which is probably why the d&d mods stepped in to moderate for them in between those gaps, if that was clearly addressed we would have known, so obviously the problem just built up so we can only take public assumptions from all the umbrage and drama to piece it together and imperfectly created some misconceptions. There are some clear conceptions though that are obvious and blatant however.

i already thought the posting culture had diverged waaaay before the overreach flare up with succ zone "forumsraiding" and the genocide denial fallout. The landscapes will shift again in one of the biggest elections of our lives so I think its fair that you know the risks of posting in d&d and c-spam as the rules are pretty much clear in each jurisdiction which is why i think its important to name our own titles and subtitles as a goodwill gesture of faith and to acknowledge that statement without the overt hostility of rivalry. Much blood was spilled and many d&d warriors were defeated time and time again, even from the great toxx reckoning of yesteryear election past to clearly define this beloved subforum we call home.

i don't want to derail the thread with this kind of reminiscing but i just want to say that yes, d&d has its problems but so does c-spam and it is our community, our time and effort in it that allows us to handle it uniquely and independently that d&d mods just do not see, especially the new ones, because they weren't there at the genesis, it's not an elitism thing, its just a fact and if they actually did address this miscommunication publicly when they had the chance to hash out issues, it could have done a lot towards good will probably but they didn't do that so...kinda speaks volumes about the dismissive attitude or perceived one and we've yet to hear anything to illuminate the situation afaik and I'm sure there are internal discussions ongoing. The fact that d&d mods had to step in when our still original c-spam mods were absent in stretches of times makes it seem unacceptable particularly when they don't share or express similar sentiments/contexts and is partly why independent moderation with more mods and ik/qs was a reasonable request that will happen.

thats why i don't think its too much to ask for a community effort thread to do something so simple like renaming the forum title and subtitle and to move on from the mistakes that were made and to be learned from and that it's not conducive to call out PPJ even when it was highly questionable and despite that eonwe doesn't fully see the issue, he is right that it is pretty lovely to continuously scorn PPJ because nothing will change from it. I am of the sentiment that it would be appreciated that it was more transparent and that it should have been explained on his behalf on why he did what he did when there was opportunity in QCS but he didn't do that so i have my unsatisfactory displeasure about it because the offenses scaled up repeatedly until that he singled out posters and it set an enormous implication and precedent, probably out of frustration/resentment/contempt? Who knows, the fact that there's constant speculation for motive is one of the biggest issues for transparency's sake. We wouldn't be here if that weren't the case. It won't change what happened so...

back to subtitle quorum if you will :shobon:

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 10:09 on Nov 25, 2019

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
can we make the subtitle an image??

i propose

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lastgirl posted:

can we make the subtitle an image??

i propose

The best part of the Adomian Sanders v Sanders was how grumpy Bernie seemed just occasionally interjecting while Adomian did his bit

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

but to just address the particular elephant in the room with this thread so we can go back to doing stupid poo poo

honestly, the d&d mods interaction in c-spam started recently, as little over a yearish ago and it had never happened before to my knowledge so it seemed like it was unspoken that everyone just had their own lanes for a while until the mod line up changed if i recall. A lot has happened in the run up to independent moderation which is confusing because it had been assumed as such and i guess its just now a spoken thing where clear demarcations are to be made and i think it was just a communication failure and that posters weren't taken seriously when they asked for it to be stopped repeatedly. Granted there were overtly confrontational and hostile exchanges, and that's just C-SPAM's nature, to be brutally honest. Even the behaviors of our respective regulars from both d&d and c-spam probably fomented this atmosphere that could be unhealthy in terms of rivalry but we all were so set on differentiating ourselves from that forum so in a way we are all responsible.

I don't know what the hell went on behind scenes, neither do most of the regulars and that was probably part of the problem not being addressed and even still the original c-spam mods can be conspicuously absent for long stretches of time, which is probably why the d&d mods stepped in to moderate for them in between those gaps, if that was clearly addressed we would have known, so obviously the problem just built up so we can only take public assumptions from all the umbrage and drama to piece it together and imperfectly created some misconceptions. There are some clear conceptions though that are obvious and blatant however.

i already thought the posting culture had diverged waaaay before the overreach flare up with succ zone "forumsraiding" and the genocide denial fallout. The landscapes will shift again in one of the biggest elections of our lives so I think its fair that you know the risks of posting in d&d and c-spam as the rules are pretty much clear in each jurisdiction which is why i think its important to name our own titles and subtitles as a goodwill gesture of faith and to acknowledge that statement without the overt hostility of rivalry. Much blood was spilled and many d&d warriors were defeated time and time again, even from the great toxx reckoning of yesteryear election past to clearly define this beloved subforum we call home.

i don't want to derail the thread with this kind of reminiscing but i just want to say that yes, d&d has its problems but so does c-spam and it is our community, our time and effort in it that allows us to handle it uniquely and independently that d&d mods just do not see, especially the new ones, because they weren't there at the genesis, it's not an elitism thing, its just a fact and if they actually did address this miscommunication publicly when they had the chance to hash out issues, it could have done a lot towards good will probably but they didn't do that so...kinda speaks volumes about the dismissive attitude or perceived one and we've yet to hear anything to illuminate the situation afaik and I'm sure there are internal discussions ongoing. The fact that d&d mods had to step in when our still original c-spam mods were absent in stretches of times makes it seem unacceptable particularly when they don't share or express similar sentiments/contexts and is partly why independent moderation with more mods and ik/qs was a reasonable request that will happen.

thats why i don't think its too much to ask for a community effort thread to do something so simple like renaming the forum title and subtitle and to move on from the mistakes that were made and to be learned from and that it's not conducive to call out PPJ even when it was highly questionable and despite that eonwe doesn't fully see the issue, he is right that it is pretty lovely to continuously scorn PPJ because nothing will change from it. I am of the sentiment that it would be appreciated that it was more transparent and that it should have been explained on his behalf on why he did what he did when there was opportunity in QCS but he didn't do that so i have my unsatisfactory displeasure about it because the offenses scaled up repeatedly until that he singled out posters and it set an enormous implication and precedent, probably out of frustration/resentment/contempt? Who knows, the fact that there's constant speculation for motive is one of the biggest issues for transparency's sake. We wouldn't be here if that weren't the case. It won't change what happened so...

Jesus loving Christ.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Turdfuzz posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

i dont think i like that subtitle, its too inflammatory

i welcome dissenting opinions and pros and cons since this is a community effort

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Lastgirl posted:

I'm not sure this will fit in the subtitle box.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

i dont think i like that subtitle, its too inflammatory

i welcome dissenting opinions and pros and cons since this is a community effort

C-SPAM: Jesus loving Christ but also Muhammad, Shiva, Buddha AND MORE!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

UrbicaMortis posted:

I'm not sure this will fit in the subtitle box.

All things are possible with Radium Code.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

i still like "stfu about politics. its time 2 party. build a snowman, do some shoppin, go 2 the mall n eat a cinnabun."

i like it for the holidays :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I see the issue, I just don't agree. If you want to know why I've been lovely to yall its because you keep treating me like I'm too dumb to understand or telling me to take a step back like I'm an outsider. That's patronizing as hell.