Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's something up with YouTube music that causes random songs I uploaded that have titles and tags that look totally fine on my computer to look like this:

I have to assume Unicode bullshit has gotten somebody killed by this point, possibly started a war.

I think that last one is one of Elon Musk's kids.

Spring has sprung in Russia, which means the shitboxes are re-emerging ready to keep driving.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's how you summon them, yes.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Modal Auxiliary posted:

MD has basically had no traffic enforcement since the pandemic, it's extra bad now that all the local cops are busy trying to keep dipshits off the collapsed bridge.

This is literally every major city.

Seattle cops straight up don't pull anyone over for anything anymore.

I saw a guy I thought was pulled over yesterday but it was just a stalled vehicle and the cop car was acting as a traffic barrier.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 29, 2024

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

haveblue posted:

Still mad that Unicode doesn't have a character for "n with umlaut" so you can't type the name of Spinal Tap properly

Spin̈al Tap

You can add diacritics to anything using Unicode Combining Diacritics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combining_Diacritical_Marks

S̈p̈ïn̈äl̈ T̈äp̈

It's how Zalgo Text works.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/QJdT10Y.mp4

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

There's something up with YouTube music that causes random songs I uploaded that have titles and tags that look totally fine on my computer to look like this:

I have to assume Unicode bullshit has gotten somebody killed by this point, possibly started a war.

https://unicodebook.readthedocs.io/definitions.html#mojibake

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Moscow?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I saw this earlier and didn't look closer, it seemed like a desert with something shiny, like maybe solar farms or agricultural ponds, and some lines that look like roads to the left

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Nenonen posted:

I saw this earlier and didn't look closer, it seemed like a desert with something shiny, like maybe solar farms or agricultural ponds, and some lines that look like roads to the left

That's funny, I was expecting an airplane because I saw it in an aviation thread. But reading that next to the thumbnail version, now I can't unsee a desert :tinfoil:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mr Teatime posted:

You do not want to know the state of the computers onboard our ships (ancient scrap) or our industrial control software (German).

oh that reminds me there was a great talk at Black Hat detailing how all the new PLC security features Siemens has implemented since Stuxnet are hilariously ineffective yet still far, far better than anything their competitors have attempted

https://youtu.be/4-VoLm2SXao

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I faintly recall hearing something about one of the Saab fighter jets having a problem in the nav/targeting system related to character encoding a few years ago

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sååb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Toilet Rascal
Stolen from the USPOL thread:

Morrow posted:

Following up on Baltimore, the timeline:

There was about 90 seconds between people on the ground getting notice and the impact.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

haveblue posted:

Still mad that Unicode doesn't have a character for "n with umlaut" so you can't type the name of Spinal Tap properly

Skill issue. The unique “<letter> with <diacritic>” code points exist for compatibility with legacy character encodings. You don’t need them. The combining diæresis, U+0308, can be applied to any letter preceding it.

Spın̈al Tap

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

blyated yet again

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Spın̈al Tap

"skill issue" is a bold, bold call in this context.

ComradePyro fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 29, 2024

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

haveblue posted:

Stolen from the USPOL thread:

Pilot only taking 30 seconds to decide the end is nigh and calling it in is pretty impressive

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ComradePyro posted:

Get a better app, works on my machine

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ComradePyro posted:

It's pretty fitting for Spinal Tap

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ComradePyro posted:

Found the WebTV guy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Platystemon posted:

Found the WebTV guy.

Just remembered the time Radium did "forums userbase summary" and noted the one guy on a WebTV client and then saying "we banned that dude immediately". Maybe the only funny thing he ever did.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I get the same thing in firefox on one computer but not on the other and both are windows 10 so idk fonts be weird

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ComradePyro posted:

it's this way for my browser and it's funny as hell

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://v.redd.it/upwpj7m77arc1/DASH_720.mp4

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Come fellow teens let me strap you into The Contraption do not be afraid

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Glad to see zipline goon expatriated and living his best life using a questionable contraption to send people sailing off to a dubious fate

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I guess they have to feed the fog somehow.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There must be a better way to get down a mountain with a snowboard

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
when they pan away from the platform my sense of perspective get scrambled and it looks like he's going up the mountain

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

Beato Believer posted:

I guess they have to feed the fog somehow.

the mist hungers for dudes who love 311

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Did he slot the board into the person’s butt crack?

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
100% would. That looks fun.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Scratch Monkey posted:

Did he slot the board into the person’s butt crack?

The ol' Canada goose

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/D4iJgzZ.mp4

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Face first is a bold choice

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

LMAO. Thats pretty good.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

adding this to my vision board

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pdgdia3ly31w5pr9j.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

It's just speed tape, most likely covering some scratches in the paint so they don't get worse during flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's just speed tape, most likely covering some scratches in the paint so they don't get worse during flight.

That was my guess. But I want to believe it's duct tape holding the wing together, dammit :negative: