Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Drone_Fragger posted:

Flat earth is wild because at least conspiracies like big pharma holding back the real cures or the moon landinga were faked have someone who benefited from the conspiracy. No one benefits from flat earth like, at all.

Also the lady was getting weird answers from the pilots because thats the sort of questions a domestic terrorist would ask to determine which seat to bomb to ignite the fuel reserves.

It's amazing that 20 years ago you'd see video feed from the iss and everyone was stoked. Now if you pull up any iss video the comments are just like this is fake no stars no planes in the sky they never show the whole earth blah blah blah. People have absolutely lost their poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

hell yeah

Preoptopus posted:

It's amazing that 20 years ago you'd see video feed from the iss and everyone was stoked. Now if you pull up any iss video the comments are just like this is fake no stars no planes in the sky they never show the whole earth blah blah blah. People have absolutely lost their poo poo.

i very much doubt the ratio of these sorts of conspiracist people to non-conspiracists has increased much if at all, it's just that the internet lets them find each other more easily and they're emboldened to be more vocal by the community that's formed.

Mr. Fix It fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 1, 2024

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the greatest evidence that flat earth is bullshit is that nobody's built a bungie jump on the edge and charged admission

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

At this point I'm convinced conspiracy theories are basically the result of people thinking they're smarter than they actually are and the internet has helped them dunning-kruger themselves into all sorts of mental gymnastics.

I just watched the channel Oceanliner Designs debunking a theory that a dude wrote in the 90s about how Olympic had a collision with HMS Hawke in 1911 and the White Star Line decided to... swap it with Titanic, intentionally sink it and make bank on the insurance money.

Spoiler: The dude who wrote the theory is wrong about pretty much every detail other than the fact that the collision occurred.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Don't forget unrelenting fear of the unknown and growing up under the iron fist of authority figures who have such absolute control over everything that nobody gives a second thought to battery spanking

"Someone must be in charge of everything, that's just how it all works"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kith posted:

the greatest evidence that flat earth is bullshit is that nobody's built a bungie jump on the edge and charged admission

That's because you'll get poo poo on by the turtle that carries the flat earth, duh

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PathAsc posted:

That's because you'll get poo poo on by the turtle that carries the flat earth, duh

Some people will pay extra for that.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Kith posted:

There's an ice wall in the way :rolleyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The real danger of climate change isn't the sea level rise when the ice melts, it's when all the water runs off into space

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Safety Dance posted:

There's an ice wall in the way :rolleyes:
Haha flat earthers are such dorks. Everyone knows the ice wall actually separates our surface earth from the inner earth.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Captain Hygiene posted:

The real danger of climate change isn't the sea level rise when the ice melts, it's when all the water runs off into space

the ice walls keep the water in as per the documentary waterworld

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Preoptopus posted:

Excuse me have you ever heard of the firmament?

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Mr. Fix It posted:

hell yeah

i very much doubt the ratio of these sorts of conspiracist people to non-conspiracists has increased much if at all, it's just that the internet lets them find each other more easily and they're emboldened to be more vocal by the community that's formed.
It doesn't help that the mainstream media push conspiracy theories like russiagate, stolen elections (2016, 2020, etc.), havana syndrome, spy balloons, and various made up stories about countries in Eurasia.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcqD0Gqbn30&t=849s

safety check on tying your forklift to another thing? seems interesting

he says dont try it at home but i dont have a forklift so im not worried one bit

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Groda posted:

What in the fyrfaldiga gently caress

A tool like this, either something broke or someone didn't tighten the nuts enough and had some safety stuff pulled off.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Like we're all staring into the torment nexus daily these days and I can honestly understand the urge to just say "gently caress it, chemtrails and jewish space lasers are why I can't afford groceries or get a raise. It might as well be for all that I can change it." It's probably very freeing.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

thehandtruck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcqD0Gqbn30&t=849s

safety check on tying your forklift to another thing? seems interesting

he says dont try it at home but i dont have a forklift so im not worried one bit

Oh hey, i used to drive that exact Clark forklift with the propane conversion kit. It was old 25 years ago

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
working on cars.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/GN7QqMs.mp4

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Apr 1, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
I wanna replace the O2 sensors on my passenger side and post-cat (the drivers side manifold one has been replaced cuz it broke) but man the passenger side requires taking the wheel well off and the post-cat is so seized I'm contemplating whether cutting the cable, disabling the truck and doing a bunch of touchy lube and hot work, or just paying a muffler shop to cut the pipe and put a new one on is a better option. I'm at ~7 hours over three years trying to break that post-cat with lube.

I feel that guys pain, cars are pain.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 1, 2024

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

https://i.imgur.com/dPttoBH.mp4

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Sending this to everyone on my crew. So much wasted electrical tape.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah show me that trucker sausage

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

\
Lot Lizard

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

So many people posting good faith replies about how the wings are big enough to fit all that fuel, and her only response is "but it doesn't look like it in this one photo I found".

I think the pilots were nervous about her because someone that dense could throw off the weight and balance of a plane.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Friggin dense enough to bottle flip it already on the ground from sheer gravitational pull

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Also pretty sure corporate wouldn't be stoked if they just called the person a stupid rear end in a top hat and walked away

Edit: but they should be able to

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Roundup Ready posted:

Also pretty sure corporate wouldn't be stoked if they just called the person a stupid rear end in a top hat and walked away

Give em the ol' Buzz Aldrin

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Roundup Ready posted:

Put me on the jury for the wrongful dismissal suit.

Zero VGS posted:

Give em the ol' Buzz Aldrin

Also for the assault charge.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Just about everyone I work with can barely understand the concept of ratchet straps. If I show them this, their brains are likely to melt.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just leave it loose and then never slow down so that the air flow keeps it behind you.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So trumps "billion dollar" propoganda company lost more money in a year than most anime gacha games bring in a month? TO THE MOON!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Here's a video about safe use of big tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X2PuE6ELmg

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Nenonen posted:

Here's a video about safe use of big tools.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X2PuE6ELmg

wow what a useful tool. time to go google “36 inch king dick” so i can have one of my own. better google “big guy using his king dick with full torque” so i can learn how to use it too.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm sure I've seen some fine young gentlemen demonstrate proper use and maintenance of that large tool in one of the many educational films I watch regularly.
I'd like to add that adding a good wrap can reduce chafing while also providing a satisfying grip.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Also liberal application of WD-40 can really help get them nuts off.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And don't try screwing things too hard, take your time.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
How to avoid big dicks

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Why though?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hard to fit in your box.

E: tool box.

Adbot