Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Lurking Haro posted:

Visions brand cooking ware using glass-ceramics are even better.

I love my visions brand stuff, calexium is a really neat material and I wish they still made the full line.

E: and yeah, once Corning sold the Pyrex brand it was slapped on a bunch of soda-lime glass cookware that has nothing to do with the original pyrex product line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

Isn’t glass stovetop cookware bad at conducting heat? I’ve never used the stuff

It's not great honestly and schad on anyone who uses it to try to do high heat cooking but the aesthetic can't be beat.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Airline forgot to pay for the lugnut package on their 737 max

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I would murder any person who put packing tape in my hair.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

snugglz posted:

just start working in event production, if you are remotely sober and remarkably unqualified you will likely be more qualified than most people I work with

Oh that’s the truth. You know they’re hard up for bodies when who shows up but the guy who was kicked off his last call for showing up to loadout drunk because he spent the entire show at the bar next door.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

No no. Remotely sober, like, a long way away from sober.

As long as the weed smell masks the alcohol smell you're fine unless you're dropping poo poo.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Bees on Wheat posted:

Come on over to my place! The WWE is coming to the event center where I work, and our "X days since last lost time accident" board hasn't been updated in months! :classiclol:

Oh hey I’ve been injured on two separate WWE calls it’s about time I completed the rule of three!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Memento posted:

Oh does that one make you feel like you've wet yourself?

Nah that's iodine contrast, I got that for a CT once and holy poo poo.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv79VRL97PA

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Coxswain Balls posted:

OSHA IV: Safety would make it impossible. There's no money in it.

Can we get new thread title?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Volcott posted:

Except he's probably touching his face even more than usual because he has a paper towel strapped to it with rubber bands.

Clearly you need to use a product certified to stop viruses.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Don't use that big complicated one, use this one.

code:

// ==UserScript==
// @name shorter videos
// @namespace [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/[/url]
// @description asdf
// @include [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// @grant GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("video { max-height: 600px; max-width: 800px; } ");

window.addEventListener("load", function() {
$("video").attr("controls", "controls");
}, false);

e:f,b but mine also limits width as well as height

Edit edit: Also remove those drat url tags

corgski fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 5, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

The one I posted defaults video controls to on in firefox at least. I’m not sure how it behaves in chrome.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

hell yeah bring back group b but with even wilder cars with like 3 engines and poo poo and also every spectator is given either a baby or bucket of nitroglycerin

one motor per wheel, all steering is done through throttle inputs and braking.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

no, 3 engines with 6 sequential turbos and whack rear end transmission and differential setup that sounds like a robot orgy in a sawmill

As long as it requires a minimum of four people working in tandem to steer and drive.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

output shaft facing up

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

BrassRoots posted:

Which countries do k's but drive on the right had side? Europe somewhere? Maybe japan?

Almost every nation that isn't the US or formerly part of the British empire. Red on this map, excluding the US.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

As someone who grew up surrounded by knob and tube and who learned all her important electrical lessons helping her dad replace it before spending years working as a commercial electrician I'm probably not as freaked out as I should be about any of these. Well, besides the gas line as the grounding conductor, that could end very poorly if they didn't misinterpret a metal gas line being bonded to ground (good and required by code) as the pipe being the grounding conductor for the house (bad and forbidden by code.)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

It's not as if there are regulations on storing gasoline in approved containers only for a reason. Just go hog wild!

https://twitter.com/RyanDeto/status/1241041992513175552

If those totes are HDPE then they won't melt, but that doesn't solve the ventilation issue there.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

dammed if you do, damned if you don’t

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

"Perforated" is the polite term, "like a pincushion."

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Oof that's heavy.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

I'm glad you got over it. Unlike that 19-year-old.

Don’t feel too bad, at least the steamroller got over it. Something something just a speedbump

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Oooh have fun cleaning up the haze juice.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

"Safety regulations are written in the blood of our fellow laborers" becomes

shovelbum posted:

lol fat americans

no wonder labor unions are dying.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

minato posted:

Hope you're thankful you're in a location where the market isn't so stupidly crazy that you have to waive an inspection because the seller refuses to wait and will just move on to the next buyer in line. :gonk:

We bought our house from someone who did that during the last boom and as a result he ended up owing money after the sale. (And should have owed more, honestly, now that I know some of the things our inspector missed.)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

i am harry posted:

Definitely don't become an electrician...

That tingling feeling in your hands means it's working.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

What would you recommend my son go into as a first year junior college student?

Mortuary Science

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

this is just fake and racist right

It's someone trying to claim that lazy counterfeiting is actually a systematic attempt on the part of a country to deceive other people, so yes. You should be suspicious for the same reason you'd be suspicious of a U1 logo where a UL logo should be, not because it's some "china export" nonsense.

Cyrano4747 posted:

. . . Huh. That might explain some oddly short lived bulbs we had.

I had a box of Ecosmart LEDs that lasted a few hundred hours before dying, at which point I said gently caress it and went back to buying Feit.

corgski fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 19, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

It's certainly distinctive enough that everyone thinks my crappy old rat shack multimeter in yellow and grey is a fluke until they get close enough to see the logo.

Here's a picture of the model from ebay, it's not loving around with the colors at all.

corgski fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 20, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

sharkytm posted:

Clown answer: crack the cover plate and pop it over the cord.

That would work except the box is recessed behind the plywood so you can't install the plate without first installing a box extension and moving the receptacle out to be flush.

I guess if it weren't one of those right angle plugs you could just have the plate sit on there, partially screwed in, 1/2" out from the face of the receptacle, but that's still loving bullshit (and a fire hazard)

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

No reason it can't be packed out with shims while hot.

I mean except for NEC requiring a box extender, but yeah that’s one of the many ways to make it even more osha.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Don't electric stoves run on 220v in the US? They got them big rear end plugs.

Yeah you can get god's own 240 on an american split phase system by going hot to hot instead of hot to neutral.

That said, the trick with our wimpy power is to use something like a Zojirushi boiler that holds the water at 195°F instead of warming it up from cold every time.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

All of the outlets at my job are like this, but our electrical contractor is top notch and doesn’t cut corners. Not sure how widespread it is in practice.

It's extremely common in commercial and extremely rare in residential in my experience. Some places have local amendments that make it mandatory in one or both types of construction but mostly it's just contractor preference.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I banned people from using drop ceiling hangers when I was ME in an event space but that is even worse my god.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Caster locks are to keep poo poo from rolling away on level ground. That should have been strapped.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

If you think that's sad you should see what's happened to Donald. I'm just glad Daisy got out in time.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

This thread is going to require a posting hardhat soon.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Hulk Hogan attacking the world trade centers was definitely OSHA, he wasn't even wearing a hardhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Well yeah the only way to open that hatch is to pickitup pickitup pickitup