Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I kinda want one of those forestry mulchers in case of a zombie apocalypse.

Or just a run of the mill murder spree.

I'll take what I can get, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, it looked WAY better before it got stung by that bee.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A clear violation of the tenets of the Industrial Revolution

ed.: industrial snype

https://i.imgur.com/RSA80Vl.mp4

The forbidden rolo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wonder if he got any better at math? Think Gage did, but I'm not positive.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Harik posted:

It's capitalism + incredibly weak state controls. You get this kind of poo poo anywhere there's just enough civilization to prevent being murdered for pulling a scam but not enough to really punish the scammer. Occasionally you murder a few thousand babies to save a dime and lose your head, but for the most part it's buyer beware.

OSHA story from 45 minutes ago putting up lights:

One of these fuckers tried to eat me. Standard tab/notch locking mechanism but mine is 15 years old and some of the tabs are apparently starting to stick. Unfolded two of the three sections for a mid-height project and started to set it upright when it went from straight back to A-shaped and wholloped me right on the back. Hurts like hell but would have been a lot worse if I was on it at the time or it hit my head on its way back down so I'll take my dumb knocks. Guess it's time to clean those latches!

Oh, gently caress those things. I've never been on one and never will. First experience with them was watching the dude on qvc eat poo poo on live tv. That cured me of any desire to ever use one of those.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've worked construction. That's definitely a "gently caress with the new guy" thing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kinda surprised we didn't see this in that Liam neeson movie about the snow guy.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Griz posted:

... and that's the current state of burn treatment. the old method was to pump them full of morphine, scrape off any dead tissue, and then give the patient a bleach bath to prevent infection.

Still kinda beats the older way from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, which was peel/pick the burnt pieces off, wrap em in leather and strap em into a mobile burn unit respirator and just tell em "Stay angry, bitch".

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My best guess is someone ordered a portable hole from ACME and didn't pack it real well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, I guess the good news is the guy who owns the yacht can probably afford to pay for the repairs.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It still astounds me that you guys have a fire season.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Winklebottom posted:

https://i.imgur.com/im51fL4.mp4
A wind turbine went haywire here in Denmark yesterday, and they stopped it by firing rockets with ropes attached at it which then got tangled up in the machinery and slowed it down (full vid in the link)

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/se-videoen-loebsk-vindmoelle-paa-mors-stoppet-med-noedraketter-og-reb#!/

If you are really skilled and patient, you can use your grappler to attach 3 cows to it and it'll still spin.

Loved JC3 :allears:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, I thought that was a tent or something at first. That dude almost got splattered.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

angryrobots posted:

It's possible they shot a transformer, hard to tell from the video. More likely they hit an insulator or the conductor itself and popped it, causing an instant fault (short circuit).

So something I find interesting - anytime something happens up a utility pole, people say the "transformer blew up". Not that I expect laypersons to troubleshoot the issue, but more than likely it's actually a "short circuit" of some variety. Like the wind in your story - high wind causes conductors to flop around and slap together or tree limbs to fall into it, making a big light show until the upline protective device operates. Probably the most dramatic example of a short circuit you will find, a utility level fault condition like that. I have literally had to argue with people that their transformer is fine while I'm in the process of restoring their power.

But "short circuit" is what people like to call all kinds of electrical failures that aren't shorts, at all. Battery terminal corroded on your car battery? "That terminal is shorted out" - WTF?

I remember being in school and having a transformer blow up. Might have been a short circuit that caused it, but that fucker detonated LOUD. Almost pissed myself.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell, I think they'll even let you keep your organs at that age when they bury you. I can't imagine 60 year old hearts or livers or corneas are in terrific shape before the wreck.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hillary 2020 posted:

Are you referring to the time they murdered a green beret or is this something different?

Wasn't there a case a while back where they duct taped some marine's mouth shut and he died before they were planning to rape him on camera because he learned about them smuggling weapons or drugs in whatever third world shithole they were in?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It was intentional. I think the dude was mad about something like they were blocking a road or something like that (they weren't doing whatever he was mad about, he was just old and mad at the world). I think he either got arrested or at least talked to by the cops.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.en24.news/2020/01/an-old-man-in-a-wheelchair-caused-a-painter-to-fall-on-a-ladder-video-san-martin-de-porres.html

Found a few links but this seems to be one of the originals that isn't a tabloid site.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mercury is how they traced the Lewis and Clark expedition. Apparently the cure they used for 99% of the problems they had were a mixture of jalap and mercury (called thunderclappers :haw: ) and there's a definite trail of mercury deposits showing where they stopped off at.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/rBGboxT.mp4

Dunno what she was doing or trying to do but bonus points for pulling the plug.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Smiling Jack posted:

Waaaaaaay back in the early days of the forums there was an entire thread dedicated to finding and watching unsecured webcams.

We briefly made some random (German?) office worker internet famous.

Edit: this was before ubiquitous home cameras so it was like 90% nature cams and 10% offices

Didn't we end up freaking out some random lady cause like 400 people were looking at her kid through the baby cam? Iirc she ended up just throwing a towel over it instead of just unplugging it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hi son!
Bi son!
:haw:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Couldn't the horrible terrist peeps just still use the hosed warhead to make a dirty bomb and still royally gently caress up a large area for centuries?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought they were just like, regular bombs that blew radioactive poo poo everywhere.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mistle posted:

Is there a peg or flattened surface or something to prevent that from rolling in case it's dropped?

Pretty sure OSHA requires a flared base at least.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That always bothers me too, but sometimes the show or movie goes out of the way to toss in a "blood has to come from the hand because it's a sacrifice/painful/etc" so I forgive it in those cases.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I saw that before. Dude made a mashed potato mountain and some mega bass poo poo broke some windows.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I remember being shocked into silence when the main guy ended up being a blonde guy instead of some giant hairy Turkish dude with a mustache. I completely had the accent wrong.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/DZ7lNn7.gifv

I think I can see how it was set on fire...

Low budget Ghost Rider on point.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That dude ain't dead, just hosed.

He got rescued.

https://www.theinertia.com/mountain/instagramed-snowboarder-rescued-at-whistler-filmed-clinging-to-cliff/

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, that's a lil over 55lbs in freedom units.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's the first time I've seen the fire vid with sound.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/xQAN2Dn.mp4

Fffuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had the flu, which graduated into double pneumonia. I finally just started drinking screwdrivers cause I figured either I'd feel better or I'd die, and either was preferable. Goddamn that sucked.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, most of the time "stomach flu" is just shorthand for "Well, I missed work because I was power washing the toilet with my rear end in a top hat, Jim. Do you need more details?"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thomamelas posted:

Yeah, it's whole production is a saga. It's not the finest movie ever made. But it's made with a lot of passion and that passion makes it interesting to watch. And it has the greatest tagline in film. Rated X by an all white jury.

I think his kid put out a movie that was basically "The making of" that movie.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

That baby has murder in its eyes.

It's ok, just cover your face and slowly back away, they'll forget about you.

*Note that this only works for young babies below 4 months

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SniperWoreConverse posted:

What makes the patented safety lever drop back down after you let off the trigger?

Gravity and hope.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know I'm going to regret touching the poop, but why does the gun lobby hate bio safeties? Even in their "OH NO AN URBAN YOUTH HAS BROKEN INTO MY HOME TO RAPE MY DAUGHTER AND STEAL MY TV" fantasies it seems like a great idea to have a gun only you or an authorized user could shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah. I am not a gun person. My bad.