Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ironically (or not I guess), leaving out the one time he for real accidentally almost killed himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT3vGaOLWqE&t=473s

He's been pretty transparent that this one incident was a legitimate accident and could've been significantly worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

stealie72 posted:

I want to know what special kind of magic he uses to be okay with getting shocked all the time. I may just be a wuss but I'm pretty sure my lizard brain would not let me poke myself in the face with a homemade taser.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's lying about the current in a lot of the goofs where he shocks himself, and playing it up for comedic value.

I have fond memories of playing with a van der graaf generator in high school for hours. You can get some pretty nasty looking sparks out of that thing but it doesn't really hurt all that much.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Serephina posted:

idgi? Someone explain the joke to a dolt like myself please.

trust me when I say, if you don't know, you're better off not knowing

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I went to post the Wikipedia article but they have a big ole picture of a dick, that I unknowingly opened, on my work computer, in an open office, so it was nice knowing you thread.

Here's a, somehow, more work safe urbandictionary link before I get fired.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sounding

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

mobby_6kl posted:

What, you don't work at a dick factory???

it's on my vision board

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bad Munki posted:

You got a five inch plan?

unfortunately all five inches are owned by the state

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The most bizarre thing to me when I moved to the burbs is that all the EMTS and firefighters here are volunteers.

I don't know why you would volunteer to work the worst job in the world, for free, but apparently there's a poo poo ton of suckers willing to do it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Aramoro posted:

When I started university I was in halls and one of the guys on my floor was from way up north in Scotland. Now obviously the fire alarms went off fairly regularly with 200 complete morons with access to toasters. This guy always felt really sorry for the firemen that turned up every time because 'they've got to get up and got to work in the morning', it hadn't occurred to him that the city would have actual professional, full time firemen. He'd only ever met volunteers.

Where I live now has a volunteer fire service, I'm thinking about joining.

I have this discussion with my wife pretty often since she grew up out here and I grew up in the city, so what's absurd to me is completely normal for her.

Instead of dialing 911 and having 3 fire engines show up within 5 minutes, you call 911, have to wait for the county's singular fire marshall on staff to show up, decide that it's legitimate, then call in the volunteers.

My one takeaway is to never have an emergency, because I'm probably just going to die before help arrives.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Where are you that 911 doesn't immediately dispatch at least one truck upon a call? Even for full volunteer service that is usually pretty standard.

Maybe they do, I wouldn't put it past me to not fully understand.

I'm dead as gently caress either way.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Old post but I'm catching up with the thread:

I celebrated my new years day by having to deal with a fiber cable that got hit doing the same thing somewhere in the deep south. At least I got paid OT for it. People are the loving worst.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Jabor posted:

Not the copy-pasted pixel-for-pixel identical siding and supporting timbers?

Maybe that's just superior craftsmanship

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Solice Kirsk posted:

That seems confusing. I'll just take an Uber to the hospital.

you joke but around here it's the best and fastest way

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Cojawfee posted:

Is the filmer waving the person into the train?

Looks like it. And I wouldn't be surprised if they only went because they panicked and saw the person behind them motioning to move.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
he's wearing gloves so it's perfectly safe

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

B-Rock452 posted:

It's extremely not safe for work but the Instagram for savageparamedics just posted a photo of what happens when you wear flip flops and crash your motorcycle.

I looked this up.

Why did I look this up.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

sticksy posted:

Sorry but I :lol:’d at this

It's one of the bad ones in daycare. It'll sweep through the whole building in a day if not reacted to correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

biracial bear for uncut posted:

So I'm not sure where this should actually go, but how are companies proving they're essential so that employees that have to commute through curfew areas have something to show the police if they get pulled over for violating curfew?

Or is it just "Print off the email where the company claims this and hand it to the cop if you get pulled over"?

My company gave everyone a copy of a letter with the Dpt. of Homeland Security letterhead on top defining my company as essential. I was told that + my work ID would be enough. It's from the CISA and is all officially and important, except scanned a thousand times over until it's all sad and pathetic looking.

e: my boss called it my work permission slip :(

Renegret fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 27, 2020