Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Squalid posted:

this guy sounds annoying but on the other hand, defrauding the byzantine and racist immigration system of the typical western government is good

hey now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Spirit animals have a long history in Europe too, they're just called familiars.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

In the same way roman plebs paid to watch Gladiators mess up and get eaten by wild animals, I guess.

The games were free.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

BrassRoots posted:

Something something icarus

borne on wings of steel...

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

:agesilaus:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Hello 911, a poopy diaper baby man is yelling at my tank and I'm frightened to the point of inculpability

"Copy that, officer in need of assistance"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Groda posted:

Same -- were you there around 2012?

Chernobyl goon meet

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nenonen posted:

get a tomb!

:five:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Is that what you think it is?

You’re goddamn right.

Yikes.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

gently caress the pope

e; a blessed snipe

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

If someone starts a "Launch the Nukes Challenge" to some jaunty tune, are we all just dead?

It's a boy!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Holy gently caress lol

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

pull up pullup pulLUP PULLUP AAAAAAAoh there's a runway

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Man, Home Depot’s changed since I was there.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

What I’m hearing is we should nuke Venice.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

(which I think pairs nicely with visuals from the movie Gravity).

I saw that in IMAX 3D and whew.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Kanine posted:

what are the most osha sa emotes?

:nfpa:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

powerline took an arrow to the knee

Next, on VH1 Behind the Music

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

emf posted:

Yes, but which one? I always chose this one. So soothing.

I am the man who arranges the stacks

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

A big part of human persistence hunting is also being able to follow tracks when the prey animal runs far enough away to be out of sight/smell range. So your prey animal thinks it has run far enough away to be safe (because it would be against any other predator) and is starting to catch its breath when suddenly you’ve got the human hunters popping back up like “SURPRISE SHAWTY!”

It’s kind of hilarious that when we want to make an animal or monster scary, we make them hunt like us.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

That fuckin dump truck got reduced to atoms.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Chamale posted:

Soviet cosmonauts were issued a gun in case of wolf attacks after their spacecraft landed in Siberia.

They still are, there's shotguns stored in the two Soyuz attached to the International Space Station as lifeboats.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Azhais posted:

Saturns won't work, but how many minutemen would you need

I'll mark it on your map.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

*pounding fists on table* NUKE THE BOAT! NUKE THE BOAT!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

By popular demand posted:

How many more days until it counts not only as boatfuckling but also world economic fuckling?

I think the boatfucklers have won the arms race, can't imagine the truckfucklers be able to top this.

Furthermore, the boat must be nuked.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Rats and other pests don't really florish in a big heap of salt.

Rat jerky.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Two4one apps at Applebee’s! ☞

Hot drat! *spins wheel, flips truck*

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

What is the physics lab purpose of a 12 kg lead brick wrapped in paper?

Gravity tester.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol. Mormons recreating the handcart disaster.

And let's be honest, if they hadn't taken over Utah wholesale, there'd just be an endless string of Illinois incidents wiping them out because evangelical christians are literally batshit insane compared to the mormons and can't help but murder people they disagree with.

Crazy as the mormons are, I'd still take them as neighbors over every other crazy christian sect.

Missouri’s governor literally executed order 66 44.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_Extermination_Order

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Gentlemen, it's a nuclear device.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

elephants are cool

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

WHAT?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

ilmucche posted:

san andreas remaster looking good

i'm just glad somebody else thought of this

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Enos Shenk posted:

Choose your fate. The Ammonia Room or the Chlorine Room?

...should those be next to each other?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

XboxPants posted:

My god what is coming down there? Sparks from busted electrical wires/transformers? Or is that just a thing the atmosphere does when it's angry enough, like a storm of ball lightning?

Aurora borealis.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Also humans in general aren't particularly stupid? Nobody in the past was dumber than us, they just didn't have our millennia of institutional knowledge and science. Most people understood that if you set up your village on a good source of drinking water, you shouldn't poo poo in it and drop all your garbage in. Especially not upriver of the people taking it. Drinking water purity started becoming an issue more in the Early Modern period and Industrial Revolution when cities began exploding in population that they weren't capable of handling. Even then, London had built an elaborate water piping system delivering from the countryside in medieval times and its problems were more related to population growth overtaxing it (and eventually a little tiny fire) than the water purity.

A huge amount of the "people in the past must've been dumbos" comes from the industrial/Victorian Era where people tried to reconcile "we're the peak of human existence rule britannia god save the queen" with "our cities are drowning in human poo poo and poo poo-related disease".

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

...how are you doing mouth-to-mouth with a face shield?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

bah gawd what a move

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's a shopping center near me with a resident group of black vultures. There's like ten of them that all hang out together, watching cars go by and picking at trash and roadkill.

If a group of crows is a murder, what do you call a group of scavengers several times the size? A genocide?

A statistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

-Zydeco- posted:

"Don't worry folks, we got a gator proof fence between them and you!"

"gently caress yo fence" - gator

https://twitter.com/GatorsDaily/status/1631406526450798592

1. Gators are awesome.
2. AAAAAAAAAAA