Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Hey, it looks like I just stumbled onto a new one of these:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAS_syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Ema Nymton posted:

:stonk:

This allegedly occurred in Kazakhstan. They deserve to have Borat as their only claim to fame. :effort:

Also, I hear they're the largest producer of potassium.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Thomamelas posted:

No one is making a calendar of sexy welders.

If Jacob Wohl's dad can make a sexy calendar, anyone can.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
There's also this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident

If you have metal that gives off a blue light, maybe don't let your children play with or eat it.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Boiled Water posted:

Isn’t jewelry like money in banks insured?

Yes, but these guys had already shot a person at the store so they were not just robbers at that point.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

Cool reason for cops to use random commuters as meatshields, then.

Not taking the cops side, just saying that it wasn't about stolen jewelry (successful or not), it was about attempted murder. The cops hosed up hardcore and my heart breaks for those innocent people who were just going about their day before getting iced by the police.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

I read recently that it is possible the manhole cover was going so fast that it didn't have time to vaporize. I can only hope that whatever foundry cast that steel plate is the first corporation to wipe out a whole alien civilization.

Has anyone done a calculation to see whereabouts that thing would be heading? Is it possible to hit anything in our solar system (I understand how tiny the odds of that are)?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

fisting by many posted:

Hot and Ground reversed is an exciting mistake to make.

I'm not sure how you would even do that without a deliberate effort.

I make power cables at work for our machines. They come with the female end on and I put the 3-prong male end on. I've seen it only once in the past 5 years, but the ground cable had been swapped with the hot at the female plug end one time. I was so surprised, as I almost thought it was just a neutral/hot swap (which wouldn't hurt anything on our boxes, the power supply handles it fine).

Nocheez fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 9, 2019

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
The best jokes are ones where someone is permanently injured as a result :hmbol:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Why not just hardware it and make that switch do nothing? It's exactly the same result...

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

Do trucks get stuck together like dogs after they have fuckled?

Isn't that cats?

I admit I don't know much about petfuckling.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

Life... finds a way.

:five:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

free car wash

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Humphreys posted:

Guilty of similar on my first car. I didn't know about a little rubber under the brake pedal perishing was cause for brake lights to be on constantly. So I pulled the fuse and then manually turned on my lights on the stalk everytime I thought it might be a cop behind me to make them think I had brake lights. I was a dumb teen.

Guilloteen.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
Every time I visit Oregon I jump out, start pumping my gas, then the attendant slowly sidles up and we exchange our "should I bother?" glances. Then I chuckle and let out a "whoops, forgot I was in Oregon" and jump back in until the next trip.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
If you trip trying to run away it becomes human suffocating foam real quick.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

You just made me scan my chatlog with my buddy to see which one he was on. Thankfully it was none of these 3, because that poo poo was terrifying.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

snoo posted:

are the big red balls outside of targets functional bollards or just decorative

I'm pretty sure they're made out of concrete and are functional.

edit: yup
https://abc7ny.com/news/incredi-ball-2-ton-target-cement-ball-rolls-through-paramus-parking-lot/1734236/

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Stanky Bean posted:

Thank you both!

Here is the one I was talking about.

It's at 6:45

https://streamable.com/usuwo

Jesus :stare:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

luxury handset posted:

hey man, making fun of the rural poor is a great way to demonstrate my internet proletariat bonafides. solidarity, my brother!

If they keep voting for it, they can't be surprised when it keeps happening.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
That *has* to be ironic, right? I mean, the rusted Kia, the terrible typeface. Just...

I know. I know. It's real. :sigh:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

They can give you a card that says you are emitting safe levels of radiation. I still have mine and it's pretty rad.

:dadjoke:

Ooof, that's terrible.

I remember playing "rad" in Scrabble when I was like 10 staying at my buddy's house. They looked it up, and it was an accepted short form of radiation. I was feeling so dumb for playing that word.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

I knew what this was before I clicked. Still watched the whole thing again.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

Not sure if you guys realized, those people who got squashed in the New Orleans hard-rock collapse, are still there, and still visible from the street apparently

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/local/louisiana/2020/01/22/body-exposed-months-after-new-orleans-hotel-collapse/4547340002/
screen capped cause the pay wall

Right Click -> Open in New Private Window

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

There's no thread I know of that highlights how .mp4s are unscalable awkward table-breaking object-focus-stealing poo poo more than this one. [/vent]

I had to use Firefox's Picture-in-Picture feature to scale it down, then "show controls" to actually see what was happening.

60 degrees in the living space, 90 in the room, 160 at the ceiling in that room :stare:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Castlevania live action movie looking good.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Newer ones have better ventilation so you don’t end up a completely sweaty mess, but they’re still not really comfortable for extended periods if it’s warm out. But they’re still more comfortable then getting stuff drilled out of your god drat eyeball.

Have had metal drilled out of my eyeball, can confirm it sucks.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

They don't call it "tramping" for nothing!

Tramping means to walk.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
A job site I was on used color-coded stickers to quickly see if someone was trained to be using the equipment they were on (forklifts, etc.). Seems like a good system to me :shrug:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Dude have you never had to pry out the shard of easy cheese that crystallizes into the weird crenellated tip like a wish-I-hadn't-clipped-my-thumbnails-grade booger

What fool pries that out? You just squirt a little out, wipe it on the napkin, and move on eating that horrible cheese "product."

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Zippy the Bummer posted:

your av always makes me sad when I see it :smith:

Haha, this is one of many I've had over the years. I'm sure I'll get banned or something and will get a new one eventually.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

sticksy posted:

Don't forget about your shoes!!

Look at this pleb who doesn't have pre-check. Are you still taking your laptop out, taking your shoes off, and putting your belt away? :smugdog:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I've twice been popped for a random check that meant having some rear end in a top hat drag his knuckles across my dick. They say they're checking pockets but it's still the most humiliating bullshit I have been through.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
No one can survive that, lol

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Sentient Data posted:

It's absurd when you think about it. There have been studies of call outs for people who work a standard 5-on 2-off week, and nearly 40% of sick days are timed to give them a 3 day weekend!

Totally stole my joke, but you did it way better.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

EasilyConfused posted:

Dilbert from 20 years ago wants its joke back.

Oh noooo.... I grew up reading the comics in the newspaper and that's probably where I heard it.

Also, Brenda Utthead :smithicide:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
I can't make any ventilators, I'm all out of vespene gas.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Oh that brings me back to my Coleco days...

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
That doesn't look so bad, outside of following someone throwing tons of dirt and rocks at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Mokinokaro posted:

Sabin needs to suplex it, stat.

That is not a reference I expected. Uwheeeheeheehee!