Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Jet Jaguar posted:

So I assume the 100m warning on this mulcher is how far away from it you should be at all times. Even when it is not running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYKg0gbRFns

As a rule, you should stay away from any machinery that is named after what it will turn you into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

stealie72 posted:

I want to know what special kind of magic he uses to be okay with getting shocked all the time. I may just be a wuss but I'm pretty sure my lizard brain would not let me poke myself in the face with a homemade taser.

Unlike most people who hurt themselves for youtube money, he actually knows what he is doing. I'm sure a lot of it is acting.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

bicievino posted:

I'm just disappointed they didn't say
"please bear with us"

Please not bear with visitors

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

dreamin of semen posted:

What you should do is build one out of spare parts without spending any money on it whatsoever, then record everything and post it here

I've always been a fan of these ones but for the not-funny reason that they're actually relatively safe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i0tU2rCHjU

The way he holds the log fragments in place with his bare hand, I'm not so sure it is :gonk:

He doesn't even seem to have it marked where the axe comes down. One lapse in depth perception and he's losing fingers.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I think the thunder river rapid ride accident is where the phrase "injuries incompatible with life" came from.

I'm sure it's been around longer.

Incident responders shouldn't be calling people "dead", because that means they absolutely don't need treatment, and if they are wrong and it turns out the victim was saveable then they'd have killed someone with negligence.

But sometimes a person is very obviously dead. That's why such a term exists.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Platystemon posted:

They use a liquid stored in a reservoir implanted in the abdomen.

There are two‐piece alternatives where the fluid is stored in the balls, in the pump chamber.

Pro: surgery is less extensive.

Con: limited volume means there’s less difference between flaccid and erect states.

There’s also the “gooseneck” option:

Talk with your doctor about the risks.

"reservoir migration" :gonk:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

schmug posted:

holy poo poo. How?

A car falling from 15m would impact the ground at about 60km/h. The driver was lucky to impact the ground nose-first, which is close to the sort of collisions cars are designed to make survivable at such speeds. If it landed on the roof it would have pancaked, and if it landed on the wheels the occupants' spines would have been crushed.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I don't know if anyone remembers this post from the last thread.

Anyway, my landlord finally did it yesterday. He managed not to kill himself or damage the buildings, though not for want of trying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAQNwnfA4FU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM6IX3MUpTY

I have never been so disappointed to see a plan work exactly as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Uthor posted:

It grounds against the electrical box, right? :ohdear:

I stuck one of these testers into the socket and it read "correct".

Hot and Ground reversed is an exciting mistake to make.

I'm not sure how you would even do that without a deliberate effort.