Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Trees before or after Christmas?
This poll is closed.
before 2 6.67%
after 5 16.67%
during 8 26.67%
happy holidays 15 50.00%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Anti-Hero posted:

Looking at their remaining schedule they should only have one more loss, but after tonight I’m thinking they end 10-6 and miss the playoffs.

Giants and Skins should be easy, but I never take divisional games for granted and the Packers have three in a row to close the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Game is over, just fyi... 49ers deserved this win.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Crazy how kinda unremarkable Rodgers looks these days

i want to see the article where someone says he doesn't have mccarthy to prop him up anymore

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Having no ilbs makes a defense look bad

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
BOYLE

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

rjmccall posted:

The Packers pessimism is wild. You’re going to be 8-3 with maybe two losable games left on the schedule, and that’s counting the Bears game. You’re basically guaranteed a playoff spot even if you lose to Minnesota.

You should see Shindragon posting when you guys only barely cover the spread against the Cardinals.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
This is all garbage time

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

49ers pessimism justified now - packers got this one in the bag

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

rjmccall posted:

The Packers pessimism is wild. You’re going to be 8-3 with maybe two losable games left on the schedule, and that’s counting the Bears game. You’re basically guaranteed a playoff spot even if you lose to Minnesota.

I mean, who really cares if they make the playoffs? They’ve barely hung in on the games they’ve won (besides Oakland) so they are one-and-done if they do make the playoffs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I thought banjo guy was dead

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

rjmccall posted:

Well, they can be pessimistic about getting bounced from the playoffs in the wild card round, which is gonna happen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

AndrewP posted:

honestly I thought he was too until I realized 2011 was a looong time ago

You and half the league. When Gutey signed Graham there were a bunch of articles with comments from scouts and coordinators going, essentially, "Holy poo poo Rodgers AND Graham? That's going to set records"

rjmccall posted:

Oh playoffs is pretty likely, it's just more this game shows that the team isn't likely to accomplish much once they're there. If they look this lifeless against the Niners, there's not much to feel optimistic about their chances against the Saints or Hawks or even god forbid the Ravens/Patriots.

Like I said in an earlier post, this season is still going to be / already is better than what I was expecting it would be, so I'll be happy with that. We were getting really optimistic though with how well the team has played the first two months so this letdown is a little bit magnified because of that.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It’s infuriating that the announcers keep giving credit to the niners Defensive Coordinator.

No, it’s not his scheme. It’s that the niners have a generational Defensive Line.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

this is why the Ravens completely replaced theirs after getting hosed up by Nick Chubb

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hot Diggity! posted:

I wouldn't know anything about this problem, no sir.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It’s infuriating that the announcers keep giving credit to the niners Defensive Coordinator.

No, it’s not his scheme. It’s that the niners have a generational Defensive Line.

Yeaaaaah, cuz we saw what happens when the D line doesn't get to the QB, his scheme gets destroyed easily. Cuz he just ZONES ALL DAY.

Like everytime there's a 3rd and short he has the CBs back off instead of being aggressive.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Anti-Hero posted:

I mean, who really cares if they make the playoffs? They’ve barely hung in on the games they’ve won (besides Oakland) so they are one-and-done if they do make the playoffs.

in the national footbaw league any team that makes the postseason has a shot to go the distance

this is why teams try very hard to make it even when they know they are middling!

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Anti-Hero posted:

LMFAO.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, Baldwin is gleefully happy about this game

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1198815237446799361

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Run established motherfucker

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Anti-Hero posted:

Packers can win a playoff game. If someone else knocks out the 49ers before the Packers have to play them, anything can happen.

Packers have beaten Dallas and Minnesota - that can get them through the WC round, maybe even divisional round.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm glad Packers got embarrassed if I'm being thuper honest

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Anti-Hero posted:

When I read posts like this I like to imagine the poster saying it to a fan of, like, the Lions or the Bengals.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lol @ all you Idiots who think Rodgers will give up at halftime in a playoff game.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

LabyaMynora posted:

Packers can win a playoff game. If someone else knocks out the 49ers before the Packers have to play them, anything can happen.

Packers have beaten Dallas and Minnesota - that can get them through the WC round, maybe even divisional round.

You have also lost to the Eagles and the Chargers so... :shrug:

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

well that was boring, when's niners-ravens

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Its Rinaldo posted:

I thought banjo guy was dead

that was the JETS dude i think

or the Broncos barrel man

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

PupsOfWar posted:

in the national footbaw league any team that makes the postseason has a shot to go the distance

this is why teams try very hard to make it even when they know they are middling!

Yeah I get that. I’m just being pessimistic as a fan. Getting ready to expect the rear end drilling we will get from the Saints, Seahawks, or god forbid the Cowboys in the playoffs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shirts and skins posted:

When I read posts like this I like to imagine the poster saying it to a fan of, like, the Lions or the Bengals.

The Bengals had a run where they made the playoffs 6 out of 7 seasons and never won one of them, so probably not the example to pick here.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh come on refs just the game end. You suck.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Every NFC team is gonna be bounced in the wildcard round.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

You should see Shindragon posting when you guys only barely cover the spread against the Cardinals.

To be fair we were losing for most of that game.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

packers really missing the interior passing game more than anything imo

you can say "against teams with great pass rush, you must move the ball with short passes" but i don't think they have the personnel to make that work really well rn

need a tight end who ain't jimmy graham, need a new slot guy who can a respectable amount of YAC - all these big gangly flankers on the roster rn aren't really a threat unless they've got a lot of space to work with

SKULL.GIF posted:

A huge improvement over the latter-day Dom Capers defenses but still frustrating and inconsistent. The defensive line and the Smiths are adding great pass rush, Alexander is a budding star, Amos and Savage finally provide consistency and reliability that the Packers haven't had at safety in ages. That said, middle linebacker and CB2 are huge holes that other teams consistently exploit. You saw these Kittle catches tonight (that's CB2) and you saw how the 49ers could just consistently get to the second level without too much trouble (that's MLB).

i thought the defense looked fine early in this game

attributing at least some of these 37 points to the offense's inability to sustain drives, leading to fatigue -same problem as the chargers game

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
This is like the Pats-Ravens....no one cares after the half.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

rjmccall posted:

Nothing like damning with faint praise. What NFC playoff team could we possibly beat?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really hate Collinsworth.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PupsOfWar posted:

i thought the defense looked fine early in this game

attributing at least some of these 37 points to the offense's inability to sustain drives, leading to fatigue -same problem as the chargers game

It's not just the Chargers game, I think it was the Eagles game too where the defense just looked utterly exhausted and couldn't do anything anymore in the late third and the fourth quarter.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

really queer Christmas posted:

Every NFC team is gonna be bounced in the wildcard round.

Wait till the actually game bro, lol.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OxySnake posted:

You have also lost to the Eagles and the Chargers so... :shrug:

At least the Eagles loss taught LaFleur not to throw it 4 times from the one-yard line. :shrug:

Chargers game showed us that the Packers can't travel west, so they better have home field if they want to have any chance against the Seahawks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Nothing like damning with faint praise. What NFC playoff team could we possibly beat?

the 6-10 nfce champion dallas cowboys