Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Trees before or after Christmas?
This poll is closed.
before 2 6.67%
after 5 16.67%
during 8 26.67%
happy holidays 15 50.00%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

who does garolopollo throw balls to when this kittle character ain't playin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

packers should trade for a veteran WR such as randle cob

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Jimmeane Garofolo

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

go packer

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Did I see that right?

One of the singers at that country show is stage named "Lady Antebellum"?

lady antebellum is a prominent country music group

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

awrong rodger

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Don't know if I've seen a returner let the ball bounce at the two on a kickoff instead of returning it.

It's not a terrible idea, just don't know if I've seen people do it before.

ive seen it done but i dont remember when or where
probably find it on youtube

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

one thing i really hate about watching the packers on TV is that every time the offense comes out, commentators insist on suggesting jimmy graham is a valuable weapon

"time to try and get jimmy graham involved"
"this is the kind of situation where you've gotta watch out for the former basketball player jimmy graham"

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Anti-Hero posted:

I mean, who really cares if they make the playoffs? They’ve barely hung in on the games they’ve won (besides Oakland) so they are one-and-done if they do make the playoffs.

in the national footbaw league any team that makes the postseason has a shot to go the distance

this is why teams try very hard to make it even when they know they are middling!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

packers really missing the interior passing game more than anything imo

you can say "against teams with great pass rush, you must move the ball with short passes" but i don't think they have the personnel to make that work really well rn

need a tight end who ain't jimmy graham, need a new slot guy who can a respectable amount of YAC - all these big gangly flankers on the roster rn aren't really a threat unless they've got a lot of space to work with

SKULL.GIF posted:

A huge improvement over the latter-day Dom Capers defenses but still frustrating and inconsistent. The defensive line and the Smiths are adding great pass rush, Alexander is a budding star, Amos and Savage finally provide consistency and reliability that the Packers haven't had at safety in ages. That said, middle linebacker and CB2 are huge holes that other teams consistently exploit. You saw these Kittle catches tonight (that's CB2) and you saw how the 49ers could just consistently get to the second level without too much trouble (that's MLB).

i thought the defense looked fine early in this game

attributing at least some of these 37 points to the offense's inability to sustain drives, leading to fatigue -same problem as the chargers game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Anti-Hero posted:

Yeah I get that. I’m just being pessimistic as a fan. Getting ready to expect the rear end drilling we will get from the Saints, Seahawks, or god forbid the Cowboys in the playoffs.

another thing to keep in mind is sometimes a matchup is just bad, and sometimes you just play poorly and get owned

easily possible to get whipped one game then turn around and beat another good team the next

like i see no reason you would particularly fear a team like the seahawks, who are not built similarly to these 9ers at all