Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm sorry what?

How did I not hear of this.

He started a new gimmick and his first promo on NXT was very odd and seems edited, but has undertones of what he then tweeted and deleted:

quote:

This continent has everything backwards. This is a diseased environment that breeds impurity. The streets are almost as filthy as the inhabitants. I would know, I’ve lived the majority of my life here. I owe it to myself and my family to Purify this wasteland.

His two t-shirts since have some white supremacist imagery in them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

what in the fuckin sociopathic hell

Yes, this is the disturbing content in this thread.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In case anyone missed it when Bix linked to it, here is News 12 actually interviewing Tom Cole and Linda back in the day. Linda comes off horribly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCq8t5rDhVQ

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Yes, this is the disturbing content in this thread.

why he gotta eat em tho, bro?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Because Eat the Rich. And eat Mel too while you have the cutlery out.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I've already got

The ACH T-Shirt
Dijack's Ethnic Cleansing Gimmick
Saudi Plane Incident
Lana/Lashley

But I need help since I don't watch WWE anymore.

Did any of the Ambrose cancer promos happen in 2019?

Does continuing to push the Usos after multiple DUIs and using them as a punchline count?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

Does continuing to push the Usos after multiple DUIs and using them as a punchline count?

Barely registers, which makes a statement about the way the company is run

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Some extra suggestions:

- Turns Lacey into a patriotic face that attacks minorities
- Mauro advising fans to google Jordan Peterson
- Seth Rollins's Twitter
- The complete sidelining of the women's division as soon as Ronda Rousey left
- Liv Morgan and Lana are suddenly gay now (I feel this deserves a separate entry to Lana/Lashley)
- Jobbing out half the Smackdown roster to Shane McMahon
- The Red Light
- Giving Kurt Angle's last ever match to Baron Corbin
- Trying to push known white supremacist, Lars Sullivan
- Letting Charlotte beat the poo poo out of a concussed Kairi Sane

God it was a poo poo year

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Oh yeah the TLC Main event was definitely on my list.

Also I am trying to limit it to 19 entries (15 + 4 #16 play ins) but if there's lots of crazy stuff I might expand it.

The Usos I think WWE handled kind of well by putting them on ice for awhile while I assume he got treatment? They haven't handled it well before this year though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Many of the events are not care worthy. if you do this 8 entrants would be optimal for excitement and more than 16 would be disastrously boring. Thank you for heeding my advice

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The scummiest WWE tactic is refusing to have any no rope barb wire 200 light tube exploding ring death matches. Abject cowardice

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It might not rank higher than a Cinderella #16 slot, but I feel like the entire handling of Literally Everyone Who's Been NXT Champion in the calendar year 2019 is kind of worth a slot.

Tommaso Ciampa enters 2019 as champion, has a nagging neck injury that he plans to gut out until he can blow off his feud with Johnny Gargano over Wrestlemania weekend.

Vince decides that the main roster needs something to shake things up in response to not getting Kenny and the Young Bucks/having AEW announced, so they hotshot call up Ciampa/Gargano/Ricochet/Black.

The injured Ciampa goes from wrestling nothing but tags/six mans on house shows (and having a total of two televised matches over the span of five months) to being part of four high-impact tag matches over the course of three days. He aggravates his neck injury and has to go in for emergency surgery and the match he was gutting things out for is canceled.

They take Gargano off the main roster when Ciampa goes down, but Gargano is working injured too, so after he wins the vacant title he only wrestles once a month in April-June, then rests up for a 46 minute title match in August. He doesn't wrestle for nearly two months, then comes back for the Takeover Caliber NXT Live Show Going Against AEW's debut, where he doesn't wrestle but gets dropped on his loving head and takes the rest of 2019 off.

Meanwhile Adam Cole (who took the belt off Gargano) was also working banged up, and a couple of weeks after winning the NXT title he takes all of September off. He also comes back for the Takeover Caliber October 2nd NXT show where he wrestles Matt Riddle, then is out of action for the rest of the month. But then the Blood Money show's flights back get delayed for perfectly innocent cool reasons so they hotshot Adam Cole back from his rehab to wrestle for over thirty minutes between the Bryan and Rollins hotshot matches, and then have him pull double duty at War Games/Survivor Series.

Admittedly Cole appears to have squeaked through this rush without a serious injury and is still wrestling regularly (Gargano and Ciampa are also back in 2020, though both are kayfabe/shoot held together with chewing gum right now).

All of these men are between the ages of 30 and 34 and presumably not getting main roster (much less main event) money to put themselves through a meat grinder whenever Vince decides to hotshot something. And as a result they all got injured badly enough over the course of a calendar year that they had to slow down to a Undertaker/Hogan/HHH in their Late 40s schedule. These are the people the company is touting as the best and brightest future stars and WWE seems willing to end all their careers prematurely if it pops a rating or hurts the competition.

Maybe this is just The Life of a Pro Wrestler, but the Ciampa situation in particular left a worse taste than usual in my mouth.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 12, 2020

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Thanks.

Love how he still manages to blame WCW for everything wrong with wrestling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edge & Christian posted:

It might not rank higher than a Cinderella #16 slot, but I feel like the entire handling of Literally Everyone Who's Been NXT Champion in the calendar year 2019 is kind of worth a slot.

Perhaps this should be rolled into 'Forcing wrestlers to work through injuries' because it's happened to way more than just those three

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

just make one option wwe is a meatgrinder.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Paying John Moxley the minimum appearance fees for his farewell tour.
Paying people to rot in Catering rather than release them.
Corey Graves using the term 'Beta Cuck' to describe Mike Kannelis. (arguably a different offense from the cucking angle itself since it's Alt Right talk)
WWE responding to AEW Dynamite by counterprogramming with nXt.
Brock taking the belt off Kofi in 5 seconds.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 12, 2020

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Rarity posted:

Perhaps this should be rolled into 'Forcing wrestlers to work through injuries' because it's happened to way more than just those three
That's fair, but in terms of "2019 events" Ciampa in particular is a good touchstone of the meatgrinder negatively impacting both human beings and WWE stockholders, which pushes it from capitalism.bmp to just being dumb and cruel and shortsighted.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Thanks.

Love how he still manages to blame WCW for everything wrong with wrestling.

It's either that or blame himself, which narcissists are pathologically incapable of doing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's low on the list but the end of Kofi's title run was just such a gently caress you to Kofi and anyone who enjoyed his run.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It doesn't really make the cut I think but continuing to allow Dio/Mansoor's streams to go out was really bad as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NXT talent not getting a raise when they got TV is a low key one but reveals a lot about what WWE actually thinks about talent

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

credit to this journalist who Vince tries to intimidate and the guy just keeps his cool and Vince is kinda forced to keep answering.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

ChrisBTY posted:

Wow that is an amazing collective failure on the part of the press.
I keep trying to put myself into a 1992 headspace where the Vince admission isn't a big deal and I just...can't. With, say, Hogan doing coke getting more attention than the molestation etc at times, it's unfortunate, but I can get how it happened. I can't think of any way that Vince's comment isn't a big deal.

flashy_mcflash posted:

- The Revival being given a gay panic gimmick to humiliate them into signing new deals.
BTW, for those not 100% clear on what this one is about : The Usos caught The Revival on video shaving each others' backs. Even though everyone else in WWE has a shaved back and probably has a guy friend do it on the roster a lot of the time. It came off very "look at these fancy lads" at best, and Meltzer explicitly reported that the intent was "THEY'RE GAY!"

Rarity posted:

- Trying to push known white supremacist, Lars Sullivan
Don't forget "reportedly told him not to apologize publicly when it seemed to some people like he was genuinely sorry."

Meanwhile, some additional NY19 suggestions:

- Triple H comments about UK and partner Indies on After the Bell.

- Launching multiple propaganda shows online and on TV.

- Returning to do doing direct actual propaganda for Saudi Arabia via the women's match.

- Tyson Fury, especially the "ZOMG live mic" stuff.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the fury stuff?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

davidbix posted:

BTW, for those not 100% clear on what this one is about : The Usos caught The Revival on video shaving each others' backs. Even though everyone else in WWE has a shaved back and probably has a guy friend do it on the roster a lot of the time. It came off very "look at these fancy lads" at best, and Meltzer explicitly reported that the intent was "THEY'RE GAY!"

Shocked that the people that treated Kanyon so well have had zero development in their mentality in the past 15 years.

ICHIBAHN posted:

What's the fury stuff?

quote:

In the build up to his 2015 fight with Wladimir Klitschko, Fury likened homosexuality to paedophilia and explained that he believes the legalisation of homosexuality and abortion are two of the “three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home”.

These comments derailed his hopes of winning Sports Personality of the Year crown back in 2015 but a year later he told fans: “Everyone just do what you can, listen to the government follow everybody like sheep, be brainwashed by all the Zionist, Jewish people who own all the banks, all the papers all the TV stations. Be brainwashed by them all,” before comparing the existence of transgender people to the practice of bestiality, claiming sexual relations with animals would be legalised within 10 years.

WWE tried to play a wink wink oh we gave him a live mic tune in maybe he'll say a slur marketing game with it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1216539649855848448

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Vince over two murderers and a serial child molester, wow. Voted against him in all those rounds, but I get it

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
you deserve it *clap clap clapclapclap*

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Vince murdered Owen Hart, if not strictly intentionally, then as a side effect of petty malice. So he's got that going for him

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

People like Vince are worse than murderers. Sex Traffickers are worse than that. People like Vince who employ Sex Traffickers are the worst of all.
All Vince had to do to not get past the poo poo Sixteen was throw Mel to the loving wolves. That's it. All the other poo poo he did, you could say 'at least he dumpstered that loving pedo Mel' and give the vote to the sex trafficker who set her gender back 50 years. But no, there is just no "at least" with him. Vince is truly the tree in whose shade all things vile and wrong grow.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 13, 2020

Biscats n Gravy
Jun 13, 2018

Smile.

Rarity posted:

Some extra suggestions:

- Mauro advising fans to google Jordan Peterson

- The Red Light

I feel like these need elaborations because
1) what the gently caress Mauro?
and 2) What's the red light?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Voting is fun. Let's do more of it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Biscats n Gravy posted:

I feel like these need elaborations because
1) what the gently caress Mauro?
and 2) What's the red light?

1) Mauro dropped that without any context (AFAIK) during a broadcast

2) when Bray Wyatt/The Fiend wrestles, WWE puts a red light over the ring that makes it hard for either the live or TV audience to see the match. I disagree that this is a bad thing though because his matches are uniformly terrible.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 13, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe nigel said something weird or perhaps "inspirational" if you are a moron, and mauro thought it sounded like jordan peterson and said google jordan peterson. however i didn't listen to or watch it in any way and could be wrong.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have no idea where to post this so I guess here?

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1217077540449214465

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

flashy_mcflash posted:

1) Mauro dropped that without any context (AFAIK) during a broadcast
There was context, but the context is more that Nigel McGuinness quoted Jordan Peterson with very little context:

MAURO: Adam Cole an avid gamer, also an expert in mind games and let's face it, that mind for strategy has made him the leader of his league of legends, the Undisputed Era, each of them with gold around their waist, as you alluded to earlier, Nigel.
NIGEL: They'd do anything to keep it that way, as Jordan Peterson said, "Pride falls in love with its own creations and tries to make them absolute."
MAURO: Google Jordan Peterson, kids, as there was a counter jawbreaker by Finn Balor

Still not sure why Mauro gets dinged more for this than Nigel

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Edge & Christian posted:

MAURO: Adam Cole an avid gamer, also an expert in mind games and let's face it, that mind for strategy has made him the leader of his league of legends

Mauro :allears: :argh:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the interview is really uncomfortable but thats also probably due to david not being used to being put in that kind of environment

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Edge & Christian posted:

There was context, but the context is more that Nigel McGuinness quoted Jordan Peterson with very little context:

MAURO: Adam Cole an avid gamer, also an expert in mind games and let's face it, that mind for strategy has made him the leader of his league of legends, the Undisputed Era, each of them with gold around their waist, as you alluded to earlier, Nigel.
NIGEL: They'd do anything to keep it that way, as Jordan Peterson said, "Pride falls in love with its own creations and tries to make them absolute."
MAURO: Google Jordan Peterson, kids, as there was a counter jawbreaker by Finn Balor

Still not sure why Mauro gets dinged more for this than Nigel

Pretty clearly Mauro was trying to mock Nigel for the odd reference, which is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

mkay0 posted:

Pretty clearly Mauro was trying to mock Nigel for the odd reference, which is hilarious

Oh that's cool then. I never actually watched the segment so I assumed that Mauro might know Jordypee because he's also from BC and Jorp is apparently a wrestling fan.