Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

mad.radhu posted:

----> Bail fund is kandace.e@gmail.com on PayPal <-----

Good afternoon from the communist paradise of California, where uhhh you better be a millionaire or you're denied basic human rights!

Moved out here a few years back, lifelong east coaster. First thing that struck me, is how little common space or resources there are. Open spaces, including public parks, are mostly golf courses, fenced in and reserved for the couple dozen people a day with a set tee time. The rest is scrub waste canyonland (for 'hiking') that it's simply unfeasible to build anything profitable in. No public tracks, no water fountains or restrooms in the parks that do exist. All the neighborhoods are cul de sacs to keep people from even driving through. Most of those neighborhoods are behind gates and walls and guarded. Stores have no public face, no windows, no doors, a concrete wall faces the street. Walking down the road and want to dip into the ace hardware or quiznos or whatever? Walk around the building and find the door that exits onto the parking lot.

And of course the excuse for almost all of it, one way or another, is the homeless. These decisions about how to live life and structure their society they made a half century ago, they justify with this homeless problem that has only hit crisis levels since, what? Late 90s?

Anyway, this joint is so conservative its loving feudal; so many of the laws, from prop 13, to prop 54, to Costa Hawkins, to article 34, bestow special, inheritable rights on a certain landed class are inherited from the GOP and worshipped by a state that never stops sniffing its farts about how liberal it is. Burns my rear end.

I'm from a pretty gross state, politically, but we never passed a law, by popular acclaim, to strip gays of their personhood. And if we had, we wouldn't go about blaming it on Utah Mormons (who, best of my knowledge, don't vote in California State elections) or black folks (who make up 5% of California's population).

All that's to say, thanks for posting this OP. I'm lucky enough to be able to cover rent with some left over, be glad to share some out to people doing a drat thing about it instead of bitching on the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU