Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Tumble posted:

Great movie, probably the most tragic and unglamorous look at mafia life in a long time. Scorsese doesn't mess around when it comes to showing the banality of the terrible actions and choices that the people here make - there is no dressing up how they choose to take somebody out, it's a casual and easy process; they get more excited and emotional about stealing beef from a truck.

Which made the tiny bit of emotion expressed by Frank during Hoffa's death feel very tragic, you can really see the last bit of humanity slip away from Frank as he's setting up Jimmy, and the moment where Jimmy realizes what the house is for but doesn't realize why Frank is there, is like a slow moving train even though it happens in a couple of seconds.

Agreed. Good points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
The exchange in the car about the fish between Sally and Chuckie is pretty great.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Marmaduke! posted:

I don't know if it would have worked without Meth Damon

I have a pretty serious crush on Jesse Plemmons

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood was easily one of Tarantino's strongest movies, in my opinion, but whatever, I guess.

What's kinda funny, though, is that the poster bemoans alternate history narratives while praising a movie that's essentially alternate history (the one the thread's for).

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I just wanted to say that the chances of finding blood somewhere in any home that's been lived in seems more likely than not.