Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
hands up for also never knowing what age anyone is supposed to be in this movie at any given time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
The source material this comes from is generally regarded as complete bullshit right?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
a fun read

https://slate.com/culture/2019/08/the-irishman-scorsese-netflix-movie-true-story-lies.html

regardless i think the fate of hoffa was, he was rocking the boat too much and he was killed for it. who did it, where his body ended up being are sort of inconsequential relatively speaking

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I gotta think that marty doesn't really believe this dude was the mafia Forrest Gump either, but it works for an entertaining movie.

Even the painting houses thing was not a term used by any other mafiaso ever, just this one specific dude's book deal. Has a nice ring to it though.

I think I also totally missed the way they boosted deniros height and stature to match the real dude..Didn't register once, just like how he was never a defined age to me..just weird or less weird depending on the scene.

deniro 5'10, pesci 5'4, sheeran 6'4

I feel like I should have noticed deniro being an entire foot taller then joe pesci and towering over him..but I never got that sense..cheating an actors height half a foot isn't a small difference

from pg 2

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 3, 2019

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I like this explanation the most personally:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/exclusive-new-evidence-emerges-jimmy-hoffa-fate-article-1.2308877

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Basebf555 posted:

Depends on how young the story calls for, because I definitely feel like the kids they cast in Once Upon A Time In America bring the whole thing to a screeching halt. I wish Leone had just made a whole movie with De Niro and Woods(obviously the story would've needed a re-write).

The Irishman is different though, they could've cast a 25-30 year old actor who is actually talented in their own right, ala Jason Gordon-Levitt in Looper.

I don't remember where I saw it, but the best point I saw made was "if coppola made the godfather part 2 today would he have deaged Brando, or would DeNiro still have been in it?"