Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Didn't really enjoy this in the same way I didn't much care for Tarantino's recent love letter to Hollywood. Felt like competent directors falling short because they got too attached to their passion projects.

Joe Pesci was great and I echo the other goon -- would love to see him in more understated, menacing roles as opposed to psycho or goofy roles.

Also, between Ray Romano's performance here and David Schwimmer's work in The People v. OJ, I'm very much onboard for ex-sitcom stars hamming it up in dead-serious dramas.

edit: Stephen Graham was superb in Boardwalk Empire, so glad to see him here again. Scorsese hired a bunch of Boardwalk Empire alumni.

Vegetable fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

Honestly I think it was just a fish, and the conversation is to demonstrate that Frank has his radar on high alert for threats and is pulling at any tiny thread he notices that might indicate something is amiss, AND Jessie Plemons character is an oblivious idiot who will go pick up a fish and deliver it without even noticing what type of fish it is.
It seemed more abnormal to me that someone would expect him to know what fish he delivered.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The grocery store scene did look odd to me, but is it really because Robert De Niro cannot exert himself physically? The man has looked perfectly fit any time I’ve seen him.