Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
I think your analysis is pretty much spot-on.

What I found so unsettling is that these decisions (e.g. where 'it is what it is' for someone) and feuds are based on such petty reasons. Vague things like disrespect. Wearing shorts to a meeting. For all the talk of running the mafia or the Teamsters 'like a business' they're doing anything but that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagacity
May 2, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

Using the same actor with CG/makeup makes it all run together a bit more.
I found this to be the case as well. It didn't take me out of the movie, but it was sometimes pretty unclear how old characters were supposed to be relative to each other.

I've seen people mention that Hoffa was initially supposed to be in his late 30s and I guess Sheeran is supposed to be the same in the delivery truck sequences? And then Russ is in his early 50s or something? I didn't get that at all.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Overall it was less distracting than I thought, though. Normally any kind of CGI face stuff immediately takes me out of the movie, like in the Marvel movies and the Star Wars movies.

It's ironic that I'm apparently completely fine with it in a movie that is clearly not designed as a CGI spectacle.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
It's a shame you feel that way, Gay Horney.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
It was shot on 35mm except for scenes that required the deaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Yeah, they were making such a thing of it that it definitely wasn't just fish they were talking about, although we may be in :thejoke: territory now, I'm not sure.