Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
It's weird that a film which is 3 and a half hours long still managed to sort of....gloss over so much. Like him just not being with his wife any more and being with Irene.

And the fish bit felt like a Tarantino film.

Although I liked it I don't think the anti aging stuff worked for the most part. They look old - their clothes, their mannerisms are just not the ones of a person in their 40s, even a person in their 40s in 1970. It took me out of it a bit.

Taear fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

DeNiro also didn’t look young enough in a lot of the flashbacks IMO

I'd say he always looks at least 50.
Pesci's older face also looks a bit like a faceapp photo.

The deaging worked in Captain marvel I think but I dunno, this just felt like too much for it. And I feel like it confused the narrative a bit.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with the de-ageing because I didn't really care or think about how old they were supposed to be, just how old they were relative to narrator Frank. It worked in that regard.

The problem is that most of the time it all looked like they were the same ages - over 60.