Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

any cable you want as long as you cant use it for anything you have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

non tech stuff op

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

qirex posted:

I find it weird that there's always a Too Many Toys in His [it's always His] Cube person in every tech office

Man a couple years ago they hired this product manager. He had a cube across from mine. The first day, it was empty. Then, it slowly started to fill up with stupid toys. I thought, "Oh, hey, he's got some kind of idiotic toy box subscription thing." But they just kept coming at an incredible rate. From odd size rubiks cubes to fidget spinners and figurines and gigantic fake plastic christmas lights covering every square inch of the cubicle, which was not small. Just packed with plastic trash.

And then abruptly one day 3 months in he just disappeared and never returned. And all of the stuff vanished.

I stole his monitors. I think of him sometimes.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Last time I visited the Salesforce office the folks I was visiting told me they all do hotelling and everyone had a cubby locker like in highschool (but themed like a scout camp) where they were required to hoard their garbarge

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i prefer hotdesking because it makes me think of hotboxing which is the only way it makes sense

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
a book on the design and implementation of c#, op

also my diploma, four old laptops, four patents, and my five- and ten-year service awards

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rjmccall posted:

a book on the design and implementation of c#, op

also my diploma, four old laptops, four patents, and my five- and ten-year service awards

they stopped doing five and ten year service awards a few months before i reaches five years

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
my ten-year award is a remarkably heavy slab of glass. i’d say it’s a weapon but it’s really too heavy to even swing comfortably

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
apparently it is over ten pounds

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

rjmccall posted:

apparently it is over ten pounds

that and 80 p will get you a pack of fags

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerry Cotton posted:

that and 80 p will get you a pack of fags

they're called cigarettes

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
i keep a morse code practice key I bought while at a ham fest then cleaned up and replaced the existing 9v barrel connector with a larger one. no loving idea what type of connector it was as it did not fit anything I could find that was also 9v. it makes good analog beps

p sure it is the original model of this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OAHNA10/

I am a shameful ham, I have a general license but have never transmitted :smith:

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

rotor posted:

there's been that guy and the "doesn't wear shoes" guy in every one of my offices

there are multiple “no shoes” dudes at my office
also the guy sitting next to me stinks and sleeps at his desk. he’s a senior dev so I thi k he’s got it all figured out

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jeesis posted:

i keep a morse code practice key I bought while at a ham fest then cleaned up and replaced the existing 9v barrel connector with a larger one. no loving idea what type of connector it was as it did not fit anything I could find that was also 9v. it makes good analog beps

I am a shameful ham, I have a general license but have never transmitted :smith:

:smith: indeed

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

they stopped doing five and ten year service awards a few months before i reaches five years

lol same, i didnt even get the customary postcard that they now give for a one year recognition

i however have a ton of vacation time so

Jeesis posted:

HERE LIES JEESIS: NEVER TRANSMITTED

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I print every email I get

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

antique Opodeldoc jars

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

antique Opodeldoc jars

I bet that little astronaut will disappear from view toot sweet once November ends in a few days. :barf:/:mmmhmm:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bet that little astronaut will disappear from view toot sweet once November ends in a few days. :barf:/:mmmhmm:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You can BingTM "pony jar copypasta", and also "no nut november", and putting the results together you will get my brilliant "joke" and I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I don't think I will, Jerry.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Jerry Cotton posted:

You can BingTM "pony jar copypasta", and also "no nut november", and putting the results together you will get my brilliant "joke" and I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

yikes fam

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hmm i am not so sure anymoer

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

theadder posted:

farming eh

farming in cubicles is pretty inefficient

although big farming might be the future

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol. jfc, jerry cotton.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

pram posted:

yikes fam

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
what do i hoard in my office? a seething, festering hatred for those around me and indeed for life itself.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

also “i voted stickers”

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

farming in cubicles is pretty inefficient

but not impossible???

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

small size, high yield :chord:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

:smugmrgw:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

youre poasts boom roasted

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

CLASS 2 PERVERSION posted:

whoa people actually have cubicles? how do i work there?

TimWinter posted:

I'm pretty sure he means home office. Cubes have been generally phased out in favor of standing desks and headphones.

we have cubicles where i work. and, get this, when we renovate our locations, we install new cubicles! #wow #whoa

i do not work in the "tech" "industry" :airquote: so maybe that has something to do with it

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
these cubes are fairly spacious too, i think mine's like 8'x10'

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

a broken synthesiser that a friend overloaded and blew up. looks like the regulator and a cap on the input failed short so fingers crossed that protected the rest of the board.

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011
axxe body spray

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have a shake weight in my office.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
a clear acrylic box with prototype jumper wires and a few arduinos (in various states of working including “gets really hot but still seems to execute code” and “mystery bricked”). then a drawer with old laptop batteries and misc prototyping boards that never seem to work for what I want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

also as of Monday my old laptop in pieces, the hinges snapped and took out the screen cable. everything else should work, so the plan is to make a little backplane out of sheet metal or plastic to mount everything to, then bolt that to the back of a monitor to resurrect it as a functioning all in one pc. hopefully i don’t static anything to death in the process.