Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cillian is my bf
Jun 23, 2023
How do I find an actuarial job?

More info:
I am a career changer from teaching and have passed exams P and FM.
Leaning towards P&C and currently using LinkedIn, Indeed, Monster, Zip Recruiter, and going to individual websites of large companies to find openings.
Using "actuarial" "actuarial assistant" and "actuarial analyst" to search

Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cillian is my bf
Jun 23, 2023
Thanks for the responses. I feel cautiously encouraged and now I know not to spend time with recruiters. I didn't think about how all the jobs would have just been taken up by recent grads but that seems so obvious now.

I have some friend of friends that might be able to get my resume not immediately thrown away and I am going to keep applying like crazy.

Should I be continuing to progress with exams at the same time or let that wait until I'm hired; what I mean is, will passing 1 or 2 more exams help with landing a job even if I still have no experience in the field?