Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Chuka Umana posted:

This forum was on the Obama train so hard in 2008 and 2012 lol

the lf goldmine circa 2008-2010 is a fantastic read because of that. the jokes aged so badly that they wrapped back around to being even funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Come And See posted:

Trump is Obama's legacy.

You forgot to mention the rightward shift of the judical courts because Obama was bipartisan sucker

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chuka Umana posted:

This forum was on the Obama train so hard in 2008 and 2012 lol

It was in 08 but at least in lf the shine had started to come off by 2012

Its really fascinating in hindsight watching the echo chamber where everyone's trying to out radical each other speed up the disillusionment process

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Main Paineframe posted:

the lf goldmine circa 2008-2010 is a fantastic read because of that. the jokes aged so badly that they wrapped back around to being even funnier

The only two lf threads that still hold up are One Nation Under Obama and Hitler auditions, which I contend is the funniest thread ever

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1200309667257311233

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
is you rearrange the letters in OBAMA IS SATAN you get the phrase I, OBAMA'S SATAN

kinda hosed up :stare:

my family is praying right now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

neutral milf hotel posted:

is you rearrange the letters in OBAMA IS SATAN you get the phrase I, OBAMA'S SATAN

kinda hosed up :stare:

my family is praying right now

also SATAN'S OBAMA, I

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Ta Nehisi Coates argues that Trump was elected because white people rejected Obama's compassion and universality.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The only two lf threads that still hold up are One Nation Under Obama and Hitler auditions, which I contend is the funniest thread ever

ahem, did you forget the seasteading thread

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Bigbrass Obaka

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the thread on how evil debeers is basically began my radicalization

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Come And See posted:

Trump is Obama's legacy.

Obama's legacy is Trump.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
u didnt build that

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
remember when obama pushed deficit reduction--centered around the simpson-bowles plan--and the only reason the republicans (lead by eric cantor (lmao)) didn't agree was that they thought romney would win and they'd get even more deficit reduction after the election? lamo

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Chuka Umana posted:

Ta Nehisi Coates argues that Trump was elected because white people rejected Obama's compassion and universality.

Its not the whole story, but an open, gleeful rejection of compassion and shared humanity is definitely a big part of Trumps appeal.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
hai guys what's going on itt

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Main Paineframe posted:

the Last Days of Capitalism thread is the thing that aged the best in lf
maybe the best thing a politics thread on sa has ever produced

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

quote:

While there is almost universal agreement that Barack Obama is a memorable public speaker, almost nobody can actually remember or quote any lines from an Obama speech. Indeed, Litt comes away from an Obama event and says “here’s the remarkable thing: I don’t remember a word.” He felt “a kind of patriotic ecstasy” but he doesn’t actually seem to have been inspired by the idea of actually doing anything.

I do not mean to imply that the speeches were good and the policies were not. Sometimes the speeches were not good either.

What was important to the speechwriters? "Write long sentences. Most speakers can’t handle them. But Barack Obama could control a run-on sentence the way a sports car makes turns at speed."

Run-on sentences. Got it. In fact, writing something clear enough to be disagreed with was so bold that Litt only dared try it in his final days in the White House. He says he wrote the line: “Any system that allows us to turn a blind eye to hopelessness and despair, that’s not a justice system, it is an injustice system,” and comments: “It was the kind of line I never would have written a year earlier. It was too aggressive, too sweeping, too at risk of being labeled a sound bite. But now, in my own fourth quarter, I didn’t care. Bucket. Why not?”

If opposing injustice is so rhetorically risky that it feels transgressive during the “bucket” phase, how are you ever going to summon sufficient bravery to publicly condemn, say, predatory lending or killer cops?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUk8PCXa4E

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
the husky that barks obama has now been put to sleep. the obama saying dog has died.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

tha_hotstepper posted:

the husky that barks obama has now been put to sleep. the obama saying dog has died.

Hope they ate well

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
goodnight pupper

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

smarxist posted:

hai guys what's going on itt

Say what you will about the man, that's a good rear end suit

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
he looks like the general manager at a best western

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Best Western is p loving classy tho

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Choom gang

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

otoh every person should read HidingFromGoro's prison thread

https://lfeffortposts.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/prison-thread-2010/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

the Last Days of Capitalism thread is the thing that aged the best in lf
maybe the best thing a politics thread on sa has ever produced

Hitler auditions

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

• On Tuesday at a town-hall meeting in Georgia, Obama dismissed rapping and basketball as career aspirations: “You can’t find a job, unless you are a really, really good basketball player — which most of you brothas are not. I know you think you are, but you’re not. You are overrated in your own mind. You will not play in the NBA. You are probably not that good a rapper. Maybe you are the next Lil’ Wayne, but probably not, in which case you need to stay in school.”

• On June 15, in a Father’s Day speech in front of a predominantly black audience at the Apostolic Church of God in Chicago, Obama decried absentee fathers: “What makes you a man is not the ability to have a child — any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make you a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” He also mocked the unwarranted celebrations surrounding minor educational accomplishments: “Don’t get carried away with that eighth-grade graduation. You’re supposed to graduate from the eighth grade!”

• On February 28, in front of a predominantly black audience in Beaumont, Texas, Obama criticized the lax nutritional standards of some parents: “Y’all have Popeyes out in Beaumont? I know some of y’all you got that cold Popeyes out for breakfast. I know. That’s why y’all laughing … You can’t do that. Children have to have proper nutrition. That affects also how they study, how they learn in school.”

• On January 20, Martin Luther King Day, at the Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, Obama addressed prejudice in the black community: “We have scorned our gay brothers and sisters instead of embracing them. The scourge of anti-Semitism has, at times, revealed itself in our community. For too long, some of us have seen immigrants as competitors for jobs instead of companions in the fight for opportunity.”

• On July 15, 2007, at the Vernon Park Church of God in Chicago, Obama again focused on parenting: “There’s a reason they go out and shoot each other, because they don’t love themselves. And the reason they don’t love themselves is because we are not loving them enough.”

• On June 28, 2007, at a Democratic debate at Howard University, Obama discussed the relationship between homophobia in black communities and the lack of education on AIDS: “We don’t talk about this. We don’t talk about it in the schools. Sometimes we don’t talk about it in the churches. It has been an aspect of sometimes homophobia that we don’t address this issue as clearly as it needs to be.”

• In April 2007, according to the Washington Post, Obama told a group of black South Carolina state legislators: “In Chicago, sometimes when I talk to the black chambers of commerce, I say, ‘You know what would be a good economic-development plan for our community would be if we make sure folks weren’t throwing their garbage out of their cars.’”

• On March 4, 2007, in a speech in Selma, Alabama, Obama returned to the issues of education and parenting: “I don’t know who taught them that reading and writing and conjugating your verbs was acting white, we’ve got to get over that mentality.”

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

nop y rpesent

Only registered members can see post attachments!

animist
Aug 28, 2018

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Feingold lost to Ron 'loving' Johnson (twice), so I guess Obama made the right choice.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hitler auditions

ok yeah

Tiny John McCain was another underappreciated classic

nah
Mar 16, 2009

in 2008 obama lost missouri by 0.13%
in 2012 obama lost missouri by 9.38%
in 2016 hillary lost missouri by 18.51%

in 2008 obama lost west virginia by 13.09%
in 2012 obama lost west virginia by 26.76%
in 2016 clinton lost west virginia by 42.07%

in 2008 obama won indiana by 0.03%
in 2012 obama lost indiana by 10.2%
in 2016 hillary lost indiana by 19.01%

in 2008 obama won michigan by 16.44%
in 2012 obama won michigan by 9.5%
in 2016 hillary lost michigan by 0.13%

in 2008 obama won wisconsin by 13.91%
in 2012 obama won wisconsin by 6.94%
in 2016 hillary lost wisconsin by 0.23%

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

ok yeah

Tiny John McCain was another underappreciated classic

No no just Hitler auditions

I remember reading that thread on my laptop at work with internet I stole by unplugging an extra computer and hooking the Ethernet into my laptop and hoping a boss didn't come by and laughing so hard I couldn't breathe

I still think of "there's no business like showa business"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

nah posted:

in 2008 obama lost missouri by 0.13%
in 2012 obama lost missouri by 9.38%
in 2016 hillary lost missouri by 18.51%

in 2008 obama lost west virginia by 13.09%
in 2012 obama lost west virginia by 26.76%
in 2016 clinton lost west virginia by 42.07%

in 2008 obama won indiana by 0.03%
in 2012 obama lost indiana by 10.2%
in 2016 hillary lost indiana by 19.01%

in 2008 obama won michigan by 16.44%
in 2012 obama won michigan by 9.5%
in 2016 hillary lost michigan by 0.13%

in 2008 obama won wisconsin by 13.91%
in 2012 obama won wisconsin by 6.94%
in 2016 hillary lost wisconsin by 0.23%

It was the only way that raprock could gather enough political capital to launch a spirit bomb against trump

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
it's crazy that B.O. is 68 years old already , time dilation is crazy. but at the same time holiday season moves quickly so that evens it out kind of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
going through my old youtube favorites and jesus gently caress what the hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lum1XcOug