Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I am eating
This poll is closed.
Turkey and stuff 12 24.00%
Pie and stuff 6 12.00%
My family 10 20.00%
Football! 22 44.00%
Total: 50 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Dum dum dum dum dum. THE CHAMP IS HERE

Dum dum dum dum dum. THE CHAMP IS HERE

Dum dum dum dum dum. THE CHAMP IS HERE!

Champ is a traditional Irish dish. Basically just mashed potatoes with green onions, but you can also add other herbs. Personally I'm not a huge onion fan but mashed potatoes are a great blank canvas, so substitute however you like. Personally I prefer colcannon, which is mashed potatoes with cabbage. I'm honestly not sure why these are considered separate dishes when they're basically one ingredient away from one another. What's with you, Irish people?

Throwing down the GDT early so as not to be thinking about it at the last minute.

Games today

Bears @ Lions 12:30

The Lions are kind of like Thanksgiving's Little Matchstick Girl in that their story today is one you read about so you can feel grateful that your life is not so bad. Their on their 3rd-string QB today, possibly the only quarterback taking the field who will be worse than Mitch Trubisky, who himself is probably just happy to avoid Grandma's suggestion that he look into that accounting course he could be taking on nights and weekends.

Will be eating chips, crackers, cheese etc during it. Possibly my wife's aunt's antipasto, which is basically a salad that is like 50% meat.

Bills @Cowboys

gently caress the Cowboys. If anyone's day has to be ruined by pulling them away from their families, it's them. I'm glad they always miss a holiday, just as I'm sure that their alleged loves ones are glad to be rid of them for the day.

This will be turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli casserole, possibly roasted brussel sprouts if we're lucky. Father-in-law makes a really good turkey. Probably dessert around halftime. Chocolate cake and my own honey vanilla pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream.

Saints at Falcons

Saints reheating some leftovers, just like I'll probably be at this point. This bird is already cooked but put them to sleep the first time. Matt Ryan looks bad since coming back from his ankle injury, and Julio Jones is also banged up (shoulder). Their defensive resurgence apparently lasted two games.

Post your eats! Post your opinions on football! I have nothing to do at my in-laws house right now, so this is an early and relatively thorough GDT post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My dad is watching the Lions game and rooting for the Bears. That's what we've been reduced to.

Happy Thanksgiving nerds.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I always root for the Lion on Thanksgiving because they have to work the holiday and never even win. :smith:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Since we have a one year old, we're doing our own family thing this year. Pretty low key, but we have a sockeye fillet that we'll cook with a brown sugar glaze. Potatoes, broccoli, and pumpkin pie. Good times, and bad football!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

Since we have a one year old, we're doing our own family thing this year. Pretty low key, but we have a sockeye fillet that we'll cook with a brown sugar glaze. Potatoes, broccoli, and pumpkin pie. Good times, and bad football!

Ooh salmon. That sounds yum.

Our daughter was only a couple of months old for her first Thanksgiving and it was actually easier just to have it at our house than to travel with her. Granted, we live a few hours away from the rest of our family. I kinda miss it too. We'd been having it at our house for a few years, the torch had been passed, but my father's mobility issues got a lot worse and he was really hard to travel with so we're back to going to my wife's aunt's house every year now. Not that that's bad, but I really liked cooking a big dinner for everyone. To the point that a week or two after Turkey Day I'll make a bird and a big dinner at home for just the three of us.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Staying at home with our 1- and 3-year-old. The turkey just went into the oven. I have an apple pie for later. And I'm laughing that the Lions are somehow below even the Jeff Driskel level of quarterback. Those poor Lions.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, the Cowboys are almost a touchdown favorite giving 6.5 to the Bills?

I get it, I don't trust the Bills either. But why would you trust the Cowboys?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

Post your eats! Post your opinions on football! I have nothing to do at my in-laws house right now, so this is an early and relatively thorough GDT post!
1: I've made champ from an Irish Pub cookbook. Good stuff.

2: I'm on the road, and had Turkey Day on Monday. Today, breakfast was oatmeal, and the terminal had ham and egg sandwiches so I grabbed one for late night snack. Late lunch will be Hardee's at the driver swap. My boss said that dinner will be on the company dime so my dad and I made the executive decision of letting work pay for lunch tomorrow. Going to go to a place called Monsoon Noodle House and get some Pho King noodles.

3: Go Bears / Bills / Meteor and Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CannonFodder posted:

I have no dog in this fight and don't like Ole Miss at all, but their running quarterback is really fun and I hope he develops some semblance of a passing game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

1: I've made champ from an Irish Pub cookbook. Good stuff.

2: I'm on the road, and had Turkey Day on Monday. Today, breakfast was oatmeal, and the terminal had ham and egg sandwiches so I grabbed one for late night snack. Late lunch will be Hardee's at the driver swap. My boss said that dinner will be on the company dime so my dad and I made the executive decision of letting work pay for lunch tomorrow. Going to go to a place called Monsoon Noodle House and get some Pho King noodles.

If I haven't said this before you have my respect. Trucking sounds like a hard job when you have to be away all the time. Never done it myself but I've had a couple of jobs on loading docks before and worked with drivers.

Edit: was going to ask about your Irish cook book but I think we had that conversation before and it was a different one from mine? Anyway Irish grub is good Winter food. I need to make a Dublin coddle again sometime soon.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 28, 2019

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
Heading out to my Grandma's house for turkey day. She's the one who had te double bypass a couple months back, and she's apparently all excited for today. The only ones who might not be there is a gew cousins cause they're out of state. Hope y'all have a good Thanksgiving. And go Bears, i guess. Try not to lose to a loving 3rd string QB.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
my family is 5 ppl and they won't be here until the falcons game starts so I'm gonna post up and watch some bad football

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

One bad quarterback and David Blough

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is myf family

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Trubisky and Blough is what the NFC North deserves

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I don't understand why they don't bring back the guy with the sax to do the anthem every year.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Go Bears!

Get back to .500 to make us all feel slightly better before driving off a cliff the rest of the season.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
also this game is going to be spectacularly terrible and I'm excited to experience it with all of you.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Acebuckeye13 posted:

also this game is going to be spectacularly terrible and I'm excited to experience it with all of you.

Same :unsmith:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Dont gotta be to my brothers place until 2PM so Im gonna watch some football, drink coffee, and make a bunch of spinach/artichoke dip in a breadbowl for my contribution to Thanksgiving.

Also looking forward to breaking down the game for my family when I get there because Im the only person who watches football and everyone asks me what is going on endlessly.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
These gray unis are ugly as poo poo.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Already a shitshow

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

fishing with the fam posted:

These gray unis are ugly as poo poo.

I actually like the grey uniforms.

But having them, and keeping the default grey helmets definitely looks like poo poo.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

shyduck posted:

Already a shitshow

Two Bad Teams Punish Country On Day Of Rest

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
A Bears Lions of a start

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Portents of the game to come

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Happy Flagsgiving everyone

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lol, redo.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Off to an incredible start

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Ok the re-kick was worth it

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Bad decision. Good outcome. I'll take it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
None of these announcers want to be at this game.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Joe Buck has already had enough of this game

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Made a pumpkin chiffon pie and watching the Bears re-kickoff because of a personal foul.

Thanksgiving is with friends a couple blocks from my house at 3. They don't watch football.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Doesn't matter how short the field is for Mitch

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

SirPablo posted:

None of these announcers want to be at this game.

Joe wants to be balls deep in a twink right about now

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Petite Dinklage posted:

Joe wants to be balls deep in a twink right about now

What's the human version of a turducken?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Got a couple loafs of banana bread in the oven I'll be schlepping to my grandparents in a couple hours.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Weird to see the Bears run the ball without the carrier getting hit 2 yards in the back field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Stop screwing around and turn the ball over, mitch