Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I don't even know how it'll even fit into the meta- NetEase has done a pretty good job even further removing the racial disparities in game, and I don't know if it'll even matter. Just because it's a playable race doesn't really mean anything, if you're saying it'll lead to OP ships, well EO already had that problem for years with the triglavian ships and they're not even playable.

It's a dumb gimmick, just like the last 20-30 @everyone posts in their discord trying to get people to play weird e-scavenger hunts. It's totally irrelevant in and of itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Can't wait for mobile dust, and hell let's go whole hog and get that vampire mmo on mobile too

Hire me ccp

I mean it, hire me

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
"Hey guys spend 2 months trying to solve this intentionally misleading puzzle just to find out this stupid thing we're going to announce even before the 5th and final part of the puzzle is released."

lmao the devs are really dumb, but if they make a good game (of which they've gone a goodish job so far) wh0 cares

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

so the new Yan Jung china race is not even playable, just a new line of ships akin to the triangles, so basically the same thing where we expect them to be OP for a year before CCP/Netease reign them in.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Max corp size is 200. That's better than before at least.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

starting size is 50, max is 200. capping corporations is dumb as hell, it's a mobile game, so artificially making it harder to group with people is really dumb.

currently, alpha clone players will be unable to use the market, but i've lobbied pretty strongly to convince the devs they're dumb and shouldn't lock out players from 80% of eve's content

i've yet to see any official source saying that player-to-player trading/isk transfer is in, but other unofficial sources say it is

all in all, it could be fun for 2, maybe 3 months at most.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Are we expecting too much?

Take a moment and remember we are dealing with CCP.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Mortlock posted:

Are we expecting too much?

Take a moment and remember we are dealing with CCP.

we're not really dealing with ccp....

we're dealing with netease, which is far worse.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Bear in mind a lot of mobile games have much lower caps on guilds, like usually around 20 people.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Most mobile games aren't as large scale and community driven as EVE is. Even Second Galaxy had much larger corp sizes and even then it was too small. There's a lot (A LOT) I can blame those devs for but at least they understood the need for larger corp sizes. Artificially limiting them as a skill gate isn't going to do much but frustrate the player base. Do they think it'll limit blobbing in fleet fights? The only thing I've seen so far that's limiting fleet fights is that sovereignty won't be in at launch so there's no reason to take big shot ops to nullsec.

On the other hand, it's the only mobile game I've seen that doesn't use gacha as the main gameplay element.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Inimicul posted:

Most mobile games aren't as large scale and community driven as EVE is. Even Second Galaxy had much larger corp sizes and even then it was too small. There's a lot (A LOT) I can blame those devs for but at least they understood the need for larger corp sizes. Artificially limiting them as a skill gate isn't going to do much but frustrate the player base. Do they think it'll limit blobbing in fleet fights? The only thing I've seen so far that's limiting fleet fights is that sovereignty won't be in at launch so there's no reason to take big shot ops to nullsec.

On the other hand, it's the only mobile game I've seen that doesn't use gacha as the main gameplay element.

They should make it Gacha, but only getting pulls for popping pods.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Aramoro posted:

They should make it Gacha, but only getting pulls for popping pods.

I... I actually like this idea. :ohdear:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Sneak Lemming posted:

Bear in mind a lot of mobile games have much lower caps on guilds, like usually around 20 people.

i've been seeing a lot of people using the excuse of "all those other mobile games are lovely, let's be okay with them making EE lovely too!"

maybe it's not what you're doing here, but holy poo poo it's super prevalent in the community

ideally there is no guild cap, no horrible restrictions on f2p accounts, and a decent sov system

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
Will there ever be support for Chromebooks?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I wouldn't bet on it. This app is pretty demanding resource wise.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
If the Chromebook supports Android Apps, it should be able to run things as can be expected based on the CPU/GPU in the Chromebook, right? I've got a Chromebook with Android app support with one of the 6th Gen Intel Skylake CPUs and games tend to work fine. Not my specific chromebook, but I grabbed an example of CoD mobile whish is also really demanding GPU-wise:

If I had to guess, I'd say that Atoms and garbage mediatek ARM stuff will struggle, Skylake or similar based CPUs or recent Qualcomm SoCs will run it fine?

Twerk from Home fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 20, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

so the developers are so incapable of discussion in the english language if you go into the discord and @administrator and make a scene about ANYONE they will straight up ban them, no questions asked

i've done this to like 6 people so far on a bunch of my alts, poo poo's hilarious

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i've done this to like 6 people so far on a bunch of my alts, poo poo's hilarious

Can’t imagine they would ban you?? I’m shocked.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Can’t imagine they would ban you?? I’m shocked.

they didn't

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

so the developers are so incapable of discussion in the english language if you go into the discord and @administrator and make a scene about ANYONE they will straight up ban them, no questions asked

thats pretty toxic of you

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jimlit posted:

thats pretty toxic of you

I think that's his whole shtick?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Nothing says hilarious like exploiting someone's language barriers to get them to ban people. Very cool, very cool, keep up the good work.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

sorry y'all so scared to have fun, nothing's funnier than watching some nerd melt down and call you the n word over losing the ability to speak for 12 hours in a discord for a game that hasn't been playable and won't be playable for 3 months.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

sorry y'all so scared to have fun, nothing's funnier than watching some nerd melt down and call you the n word over losing the ability to speak for 12 hours in a discord for a game that hasn't been playable and won't be playable for 3 months.

Nothing more fun than watching some nerd have a meltdown you say?

Local chat in Eve is fine, a good game mechanic.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
My Chromebook is a Lenovo 100e so not sure if it's supported or not.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

no horrible restrictions on f2p accounts

if there weren't any horrible restrictions we would all go F2P then the games won't make nearly as much money.

however they should still be able to be part of the community and be able to have fun.

Its a hard balance I guess.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
All this game needs to make money is to sell cosmetic items. Fancy ship skins won't cut it. I'm talking anchorable holographic penises we can put on the Jita 4-4 undock. Rent out ad space on the advertisements you see projected on space stations or those news TVs by stargates. Thorax paint jobs that are flesh colored at the very least. They just need to know their audience.

"I break for nobody" and "My other car is a cyno alt" bumper stickers for supercapitals.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Legitimately good business ideas.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Mortlock posted:

if there weren't any horrible restrictions we would all go F2P then the games won't make nearly as much money.

however they should still be able to be part of the community and be able to have fun.

Its a hard balance I guess.

Yeah you're right, but my opinion is that alphas being unable to use the market and industry, and unable to trade (both send and receive) pretty much makes f2p unviable.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Yeah you're right, but my opinion is that alphas being unable to use the market and industry, and unable to trade (both send and receive) pretty much makes f2p unviable.

100% agree they need access to the basics like the market. They should not be restricted from any potential career paths.

SonBanana
Apr 7, 2020
They just announced last beta test on discord. Use that link to participate - https://forms.gle/mD3zw17f8FKL5mXZ6 - first come first.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

quote:

p.s. Due to platform policy, the limit for the test will be 10k for Andoid and 10k for iOS. So, hurry up!

:w00t: :goon:

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Have they said anything about running the game on Bluestacks or anything? Working from home just makes emulators convenient as hell.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
They list in their promo material that it can be run from PC, Android or iOS. They listed PC first so I'm guessing they know what's up.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
New info on monetization:

TL/DR - Free alpha clones;
Train slower (30 skill points per minute)
Can't learn certain skills
Can only fly ships T7 and below
Can't use the market unless at an ITC
No contracts

Omega clones come in two flavors. $5 normal and $15 pimp level.

Normal has no restrictions and trains at 30 sp/m

Pimp level gives you an even bigger boost to training speeds (and they're selling boosters too so I'm seeing people quote 75 sp/m)
Other stuff too

Edit: Trading with an alpha clone will be more likely to be on hold due to triggering an audit to make sure it's not botting / exploiting, etc. On one hand we can look at it and say "Good! The developers are doing something to prevent exploiters." On the other hand, it sure would be a shame if your new ship purchase was put on hold until tomorrow when someone can review your case. Yep. A real shame. Those Omega players over there don't have that problem. I'm not asking for a payoff or anything, but if your credit card fell out of your wallet, it might accidentally land on my approve button...

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 11, 2020

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Looks like corps that are sufficiently space-rich can indefinitely extend the subscription (omega clone) time of some/all of their members.

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm trying to think of a good corp name that would have the initials PONZI.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

so if you trade >100k isk as an alpha you're gonna trigger audit?

jeez

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I rather doubt that they want to pay an employee to review tons of trades. So except for trades that trip very specific qualifications for suspicion, "audits" are probably just an automated timer applied to free accounts receiving the results of a trade. I imagine the biggest result will be to cut the bulk of flippers and speculators out of the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
They posted the exact formula in code a while back. I only skimmed it but my initial thought was that it was meant to flag transactions 100k over market value? Not sure on that though. Otherwise bring on the 100k tritium market orders.

PONZI - Proudly Obese Nude Zealot Institute