Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Ape Fist posted:

Client just hangs on login since the last patch now, lol.

I had to three two or three times before it slowly let me in. Granted, I'm in one of the market hubs in VV but local went from 200 down to the mid 30s in that time. Probably a good time for me to move my poo poo out to S-U while the market is down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Thank you for this!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
so am I an idiot, or are guns and other modules only drops from NPCs? there's no way to craft tier 1 shield extenders or w/e?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Locked up a pubbie in a belt, and they ran immediately. Good game, will definitely play more just for this.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
I briefly sampled eve like 13 years ago and this certainly feels like eve but I don't remember enough about it to know what I should be doing so I'm just running baby encounters when the servers are stable enough. Still fun, I could definitely see myself just puttering around in it every so often and training skills if this didn't nuke my battery so hard.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I am probably just going to train skills because I have no idea how it all really works yet. Is it like regular EVE or is it like some dumbed down kind of pay to win version?

I wish it was a client for the actual EVE game. It would have been way better.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Stealthgerbil posted:

I am probably just going to train skills because I have no idea how it all really works yet. Is it like regular EVE or is it like some dumbed down kind of pay to win version?

I wish it was a client for the actual EVE game. It would have been way better.

yes yes and yes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
they can still make it great, it's got most of what makes eve eve, a fresh start with a bunch of dumdums ready to be taken advantage of is good

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Am I blind or are webs and warp disrupters not on the market?

Got bored last night before bed, figured I'd slowly make my way out to Syndicate or something for old times' sake. Putzed around Syndicate for awhile, found nobody anywhere (is there no D-scan? I couldn't find it in any of the menus), then just gave up and went back to dock up in Reblier and go to sleep.

Mikezxcv81
Nov 27, 2019
Very few people have moved out to low sec yet. I've been able to go buy blueprints unopposed.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Goon ship production should begin when I wake up tomorrow - I'm waiting on a little bit of PI that I miscalculated tonight. After the first test Venture you can expect Venture IIs to roll off the line, followed by Catalyst IIs. These should both be tier 5 but everyone has enough free skill points to get them there anyhow.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
How do we exchange ships out in null?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

is null sec the only place to get blueprints?

Valador
Oct 3, 2012

Ask me about my fake GOONS spaceship guild

Drone posted:

Am I blind or are webs and warp disrupters not on the market?

Got bored last night before bed, figured I'd slowly make my way out to Syndicate or something for old times' sake. Putzed around Syndicate for awhile, found nobody anywhere (is there no D-scan? I couldn't find it in any of the menus), then just gave up and went back to dock up in Reblier and go to sleep.

No D scan, webs and disrupts have dropped while ratting.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
I should move down to Syndicate with the rest of you I'm just not big on talking/chatting since I'm usually either at work or with my wife watching TV when I'm playing, been hanging out in a sparsely populated lowsec system and forgot that gate guns are a thing, some guy warped into an anomaly I was running and I locked him up and took a couple shots at him to make it clear that I wasn't welcoming company, then finished clearing and looting and clicked auto to get back to my base station, did this while getting ready for work so when I came back my pod was sitting next to the smouldering pile of debri that had previously been my Rail Catalyst thought I'd gotten ganked at first but saw the gate guns on the killmail and a little red wanted light next to my character name. So note to self don't go straight to a gate or station after shooting at someone in low sec.

Been alternating between moving ships into the system I'm living in, running anomalies when I can pay half attention or mining when at work (since being no our phones playing games is kind of frowned on I just leave it in my drawer checking to see if the hold is full yet every once in a while, oh and staring at the log in screen wondering when I'll be able to get back online.

My ratting setup is a Catalysts with 3x mk 150 railguns, mk3 small repper and a mk1 ab which I've found to be an excellent low effort anomaly runner, just orbit the central structure and start locking and blapping rats, don't even have to turn on the repper for most anomalies. For mining since I don't have the 6-8 million that people are asking for a Venture I've been using an Imicus with 2 x Mk3 mining lasers doesn't have the grid for anything more than a reactive plate in the lows, it's slower than the Destroyer suggested but has more cargo like 1450 with astro 3 so less attention required.

Ran one of those anomalies with gates last night (forget what it was called "Serpentis Inquisitor" or some such) and got a bunch of rig blueprints so I'll definitely be looking out for more of those.

Valador posted:

No D scan, webs and disrupts have dropped while ratting.

I've had one Mk3 Disurptor and 2 Mk3 Stasis Webbifiers drop in a Large Serpentis Anomaly, actually was kind of touch and go (one of the first big ones I ran and was shocked when I couldn't warp out, ended up scraping by with a sliver of hull left by the time I beat it I was still using a blaster Cat on it and was the run that convinced me to switch to rails.

Really not happy with the way the slots are laid out. Only having 4 slots on frigates is a really poor design, I could understand them limiting the high slots but the lack of ability to mount tank, tackle and an AB/MW severely limits the utility of small ships hopefully that's something that will be addressed prior to release.

Skex fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 4, 2019

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Skex posted:

I should move down to Syndicate with the rest of you I'm just not big on talking/chatting since I'm usually either at work or with my wife watching TV when I'm playing, been hanging out in a sparsely populated lowsec system and forgot that gate guns are a thing, some guy warped into an anomaly I was running and I locked him up and took a couple shots at him to make it clear that I wasn't welcoming company, then finished clearing and looting and clicked auto to get back to my base station, did this while getting ready for work so when I came back my pod was sitting next to the smouldering pile of debri that had previously been my Rail Catalyst thought I'd gotten ganked at first but saw the gate guns on the killmail and a little red wanted light next to my character name. So note to self don't go straight to a gate or station after shooting at someone in low sec.

Been alternating between moving ships into the system I'm living in, running anomalies when I can pay half attention or mining when at work (since being no our phones playing games is kind of frowned on I just leave it in my drawer checking to see if the hold is full yet every once in a while, oh and staring at the log in screen wondering when I'll be able to get back online.

My ratting setup is a Catalysts with 3x mk 150 railguns, mk3 small repper and a mk1 ab which I've found to be an excellent low effort anomaly runner, just orbit the central structure and start locking and blapping rats, don't even have to turn on the repper for most anomalies. For mining since I don't have the 6-8 million that people are asking for a Venture I've been using an Imicus with 2 x Mk3 mining lasers doesn't have the grid for anything more than a reactive plate in the lows, it's slower than the Destroyer suggested but has more cargo like 1450 with astro 3 so less attention required.

Ran one of those anomalies with gates last night (forget what it was called "Serpentis Inquisitor" or some such) and got a bunch of rig blueprints so I'll definitely be looking out for more of those.

I've had one Mk3 Disurptor and 2 Mk3 Stasis Webbifiers drop in a Large Serpentis Anomaly, actually was kind of touch and go (one of the first big ones I ran and was shocked when I couldn't warp out, ended up scraping by with a sliver of hull left by the time I beat it I was still using a blaster Cat on it and was the run that convinced me to switch to rails.

Really not happy with the way the slots are laid out. Only having 4 slots on frigates is a really poor design, I could understand them limiting the high slots but the lack of ability to mount tank, tackle and an AB/MW severely limits the utility of small ships hopefully that's something that will be addressed prior to release.

Come on out. More combat types are welcome to help get modules on the market! We are located in S-U8A4. Market 'hub' likely to be 6-1.

We've just had the first Goon-constructed ship roll off the line - a Venture dubbed the GBS Chucklefuck. Now that there's a mining ship with an ore hold out here things should pick up in pace. Just a reminder though - we need everyone to do PI! It's stupidly simple (especially compared to EO's) and its free.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

Erev posted:

Come on out. More combat types are welcome to help get modules on the market! We are located in S-U8A4. Market 'hub' likely to be 6-1.

We've just had the first Goon-constructed ship roll off the line - a Venture dubbed the GBS Chucklefuck. Now that there's a mining ship with an ore hold out here things should pick up in pace. Just a reminder though - we need everyone to do PI! It's stupidly simple (especially compared to EO's) and its free.

Yeah I'm deadheading down with an incursus now (actually docked up in the time I was typing this). My little corner of the world is starting to get crowded anyway and ferrying shite is easy enough to do afkish.
How are clones working in this, got podded earlier while afk mining a belt and woke up in what I guess was the starting system, would rather not have to do a 22 jump trip home every time I'm not paying enough attention to notice the hostile come in.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Made my way down too, going run anoms later for sure, need to set up pi

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

So spent most of the day shuttling ships down from Empire and then on my lunch hour I decided to try an anomaly in S-U, looked around and decided to try a medium as those were easy enough in FLIET, let's just say that there is a significant increase in difficulty. Multiple cruisers with webs and points melting my poor Catalyst quickly. My small ship skills are pretty good as I've focused primarily on them. Destroyer Command 5 Advanced Destroyer Command 4, Small Hybrids 5, gonna be beefing up on defense skills and probably sticking to smalls for the time being at least until I figure out the knack on these things. I recommend caution and a decent sized stack of replacement ships :)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Skex posted:

So spent most of the day shuttling ships down from Empire and then on my lunch hour I decided to try an anomaly in S-U, looked around and decided to try a medium as those were easy enough in FLIET, let's just say that there is a significant increase in difficulty. Multiple cruisers with webs and points melting my poor Catalyst quickly. My small ship skills are pretty good as I've focused primarily on them. Destroyer Command 5 Advanced Destroyer Command 4, Small Hybrids 5, gonna be beefing up on defense skills and probably sticking to smalls for the time being at least until I figure out the knack on these things. I recommend caution and a decent sized stack of replacement ships :)

Hmmm, the anomaly was named the same as the one in Fliet? a Serpentis Medium anomaly? Weird that they would have different setups of ships based on security of space, they should be identical.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
So can I claim vfk

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Got it installed on my phone. Hoo boy is it ever a battery drainer. Phone got hot after 5 minutes. Hope they do some optimisation.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

orange juche posted:

Hmmm, the anomaly was named the same as the one in Fliet? a Serpentis Medium anomaly? Weird that they would have different setups of ships based on security of space, they should be identical.

I'll double check, I'd done large in FLIET as well and never saw any cruisers which seemed to be the big difference. I can tank can destroyers and frigates easily in this thing, seldom even had to run the repper in FLIET but that one melted me. Gonna shuttle some a few more Catalysts down while I finish my shift and drive home, will do more testing tonight. Might have to adjust my tactics too, got for a longer orbit, been a long time since I ran anomalies in eve and I mainly did it with multi-boxing HAM Tengu's.

Picked up a Nereus High Mobility BP thinking it might be useful to have something to ferry large stuff around with, though honestly I'm not sure how we're supposed to pool resources with no corporate hangers, no market and as best I can tell no trade or contract capability. I don't even see an option to eject from a ship in space or jettison cargo. Hopefully that's content that's being worked on.

Skex fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 5, 2019

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Got it installed on my phone. Hoo boy is it ever a battery drainer. Phone got hot after 5 minutes. Hope they do some optimisation.

A lot of us have been playing it on BlueStacks on PC unless we are actually out and about.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Foehammer007 posted:

So can I claim vfk

I call dibs on JU-!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

6vdt here

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

So this is about an hour of stealing people's cans from PI that don't know how to use the system:

Edit: in highsec no less.

That equates to enough mats to make about 3 ventures, not including minerals. Free mats/isk!

Game owns.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So this is about an hour of stealing people's cans from PI that don't know how to use the system:

Edit: in highsec no less.

That equates to enough mats to make about 3 ventures, not including minerals. Free mats/isk!

Game owns.

How do you steal their cans? How do you even find them to steal them?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

orange juche posted:

when you want to pickup your PI, it will randomly eject it ~1000km away from the planet you're doing it to. You can THEN [set destination, warp] to it and attempt to pick it up, but other people on grid can warp to the can that appears on their overview.

the goal is to find a planet with good resources with the smallest size, so you can see more cans when you're on grid (either by warping to the planet at 0, or you warping to your own can from your own PI mats (since you can't save bookmarks in this).

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

orange juche posted:

The dumb thing is warping to the can after you launch it. I just warp to the planet I have poo poo in, then I launch the can and warp to it. I was able to flat out steal cans from people sitting on top of them though, so be fast!

Since I was doing it in highsec, I floated around the basic starting pubbie hub at Renyn as those people are most likely to gently caress PI up. I would just go from system to system, starting at Planet #1, and warp around checking planets for floating cans. When you warp to a planet, you're not close enough for them to show up in the overview, so you gotta spin the camera around a bit to see them.

Just meander around a big starting station, and go 2-3 systems out making a loop. Pubbies are scared to go too deep into space, so don't expect to find floating cans way out in null or low, unless they get ballsy with a system they don't understand, which seems unlikely. You might be able to camp lucrative planets though. Finding a good spot in null with some ripe planets in them might be a fun way to kill people and get some sweet sweet loot.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Is there any market for PI poo poo yet? I've got some mining going on in some system which is fine, but no idea where to offload it. Jita still the go-to?

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Is there any market for PI poo poo yet? I've got some mining going on in some system which is fine, but no idea where to offload it. Jita still the go-to?

Jita was burning itself the first two days but seems functional now. There is a PI market, but working with your local Goon industrialist means you can fly better ships for cheaper, sooner.

Numinous
May 20, 2001

College Slice
This is basically the perfect play at work AFK game.

I'm about to pop out my first venture I and I can just mine high sec minerals for 8 hours a day basically with minimal interruption to my actual job.

I'm definitely looking forward to release - going hard core industry to start

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

I need a drat venture

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

Be warned, anomalies are definitely different in null where we're at, tried a medium first as discussed before, I'd been running up to large in lowsec with zero problems once I'd switched to a rail fit, the first time I tried one in S-U it was a medium and I was melted quickly, the rats web and point so no running away either. It was a mix of cruisers and frigates. In low sec it would have been a mix of frigates and destroyers. I dropped down to smalls and those are still mostly a mix of cruisers and frigates but tend to be fewer of them, they still web and point so pay attention.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
There is definitely a market for PI. Every hub I've been to so far has a bunch of buy orders but zero sell orders.

Heluene X is an ITC in 0.2 space only 13 jumps from SUBA. Less population and gate / station guns to discourage people from popping you while you're black screened out of station.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Skex posted:

Be warned, anomalies are definitely different in null where we're at, tried a medium first as discussed before, I'd been running up to large in lowsec with zero problems once I'd switched to a rail fit, the first time I tried one in S-U it was a medium and I was melted quickly, the rats web and point so no running away either. It was a mix of cruisers and frigates. In low sec it would have been a mix of frigates and destroyers. I dropped down to smalls and those are still mostly a mix of cruisers and frigates but tend to be fewer of them, they still web and point so pay attention.

Just lost my good destroyer this way. Medium is a massive step up from small in nullsec.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Am I missing something or have the tech trees been completely messed with and ships tech levels bear no resemblance to EVE proper anymore?

Are passive shield extenders even a thing anymore?

Is it just me or have a lot of the fitting slots been removed? Particularly mids?

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Its like a fifth of the actual real EVE game.

The kind of sad part is that for a mobile game its actually pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah I get that. There's clearly limitations because of the UI (though I admit that it's far better than it could have been) but if I'm understanding the symbols in the ship tree correctly, some work is going to need to be done because it looks like tackle and MWD on the same ship (at least at smaller sizes) just isn't a thing due to lack of mids. Also tank will be completely different. It's weird. It's definitely EVE. But also a lot of things that really aren't.

Also no imp navy slicer or scythe fleet issue 0/10 bad Chinese rip off. :argh: