Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just release drat game :psypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

how do you figure?

By using a brain.

orange juche posted:

However, from what I experienced in the beta, most pubbies in echoes are incredibly, unimaginably dumb, and local or no local you can just loving murder them on undocks while they scream obscenities at you.

I'm excited to play.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

orange juche posted:

Without a d scanner you have literally zero way to counter play someone who is roaming via staying on your toes. Sitting alts on gates does not protect you from people who log in inside your system.

What exactly would be the point of doing anything if you could be poo poo on by someone who login bombed your rear end even though you had the gates locked down by alts because they moved in during your off TZ? In wormholes you can crit the wormholes and remove spurious that aren't your static connections to increase your safety when you're not online, but in k-space you can't do that, and are vulnerable to whatever someone can get through on you.

I get that you are psychologically incapable and of seeing the other side of someone who might want to do something other than be poo poo on by someone who poop socks harder than them, but if they want echoes to have any sort of viability and make money, they're going to be keeping poo poo that allows more casual players to engage in a meaningful way that is something other than being meat.

However, from what I experienced in the beta, most pubbies in echoes are incredibly, unimaginably dumb, and local or no local you can just loving murder them on undocks while they scream obscenities at you.

i think here is where we can agree to disagree- local is a net negative on the game because it brings the barrier to entry of playing the game down to something a literal 9 year old can master while doing his math homework. god forbid people have to work together, maintain and defend structures that give them back most of local's benefits, and operate in an environment that doesn't give them perfect intel.

i don't want a game where the only people that die are brand new players, AFKs, and bots whose script stopped running. highsec is already a gank-free zone, it's time to make nullsec actually interesting.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Release the game you cowards

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
The game will always need to balance the tools both the agressor and the defender have.

I do agree instant local gives defenders a huge protection/information against incoming ganks, but removing this tool completely moves the scales far too much to the advantage of the agressor. Directional scan is what most wormholers learn to use as a defensive tool. As this scanner is not implemented at all in EE, to me completely removing local is not an option.

You do not want to create a situation where the risk vs reward of simply undocking to go mine/rat/mission is too negative.
(at least missions seem unreachable for now for gankers, but are there any in nullsec?)

If they ever decide to make PART of nullsec with blackout I would like that. Then people can choose by which ruleset to play.
Wormholes are a good example, many communities loved it. Others hated it.
If they ever implement wormholes in EE, I do hope they make the scanning user friendly somewhat.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
would you be okay with no/delayed/structured local if there was DSCAN?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Why are you so obsessed with local? Wait no, I don't want to know, none of your posts on the topic have made sense. Are you like this with EO too?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sneak Lemming posted:

Why are you so obsessed with local? Wait no, I don't want to know, none of your posts on the topic have made sense. Are you like this with EO too?

Don’t bother with his posts in the (no locked) escape from tarkov thread either.

See also the Albion online thread.

Like if there was some valid criticism ok fine but a lot of it is just bullshit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

i think here is where we can agree to disagree- local is a net negative on the game because it brings the barrier to entry of playing the game down to something a literal 9 year old can master while doing his math homework. god forbid people have to work together, maintain and defend structures that give them back most of local's benefits, and operate in an environment that doesn't give them perfect intel.

i don't want a game where the only people that die are brand new players, AFKs, and bots whose script stopped running. highsec is already a gank-free zone, it's time to make nullsec actually interesting.

Explain to me how your line of thinking refutes any of my points re: protecting yourself from a logon trap with no local and no d-scan (it's impossible)

I'll wait.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

orange juche posted:

Explain to me how your line of thinking refutes any of my points re: protecting yourself from a logon trap with no local and no d-scan (it's impossible)

I'll wait.

"oh this ship is landing on grid with me, i guess 10 seconds to react and warp off before he gets to me isn't enough"

"i could NEVER use a ship with far range because i'll only get 300 DPS instead of 450, cutting my efficiency down by 25% ;("

"play with a friend? fit a neut or defensive pvp modules? NEVER, that cuts down my efficiency!"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Like if there was some valid criticism ok fine but a lot of it is just bullshit.

imagine a world in where you think perfect, risk free, no effort instant intel of everyone in your system (and by extension, every system your allies occupy) is good game design

how do you not see a problem with this?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

quote:

DEV NEWS -March 9
Dear Pilots,
The EVE Echoes Team has resumed intense development after the Chinese New Year Holiday. To stick to our objective to become more transparent with our lovely players, let’s have a look at what we have endeavored in the past two months.

OBT Suggestions and Feedback
We have received nearly 800 valuable suggestions and feedback from the EVE Echoes OBT community, and out of the 800, more than 400 are now incorporated and optimized within the game. We will spare no effort until we have dealt with and resolved all the remaining feedback.

Offline Autopilot
The Offline Auto-pilot feature has finished development. Our developers have made the subsequent adjustments to the navigation logic of the spaceship so players can now continue autopilot with the game closed. However, players should be aware that offline autopilot can make you easy prey for pirates.

Corporation
Our most anticipated feature, the Corporation, is now moving full speed in the developmental process. On the other hand, classic elements from EVE Online, including taxes, corporation wallets, and corporation hangars, will make a comeback in EVE Echoes with the emphasis on simplification and utility optimization.

Capsuleer Outpost
Introducing the “Capsuleer Outpost,” one of the exclusive contents of EVE Echoes that we are currently working on. Unlike space structures in EVE Online, the Capsuleer Outpost is a private structure designed for single players, and a suitable foothold as you pioneer the new frontier.

Once again, thank you for your continued support for EVE Echoes. Leave your questions and please stay tuned for more development updates in the future.

Offline Autopilot makes total sense for a mobile game.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Evernoob posted:

At least "safespots" aren't a thing yet, and i'm okay with that.

Capacitor trick not work in this?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

imagine a world in where you think perfect, risk free, no effort instant intel of everyone in your system (and by extension, every system your allies occupy) is good game design

how do you not see a problem with this?

War scouting would be miserable. Instead of spike watching I’d have to pay attention for the 22 hours of nothing going on chain spamming dscan. Thanks, I hate it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Sneak Lemming posted:

Offline Autopilot makes total sense for a mobile game.

Yeah, they had the couriering thing for moving stuff around already, offline autopilot is generally a good idea.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I'm not sure what the point of a single person outpost is?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rhymenoserous posted:

Capacitor trick not work in this?

It does, good things are good

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Sneak Lemming posted:

I'm not sure what the point of a single person outpost is?

If they set up in Null? Snacks.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

"oh this ship is landing on grid with me, i guess 10 seconds to react and warp off before he gets to me isn't enough"

"i could NEVER use a ship with far range because i'll only get 300 DPS instead of 450, cutting my efficiency down by 25% ;("

"play with a friend? fit a neut or defensive pvp modules? NEVER, that cuts down my efficiency!"

neat, I've never seen someone willfully admit to having no idea how non-gank combat works

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Good Dumplings posted:

neat, I've never seen someone willfully admit to having no idea how non-gank combat works

I love the idea that fitting a neut is what's going to stop you getting ganked as well, especially when all the multiboxer is going to do is login a few more alts to make it stick if it's even in question.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Good Dumplings posted:

it's odd how every time i bring up a gameplay situation most posters are just like "lol wrong!" whilst their killboard has 37 kills, which are all pos mods from 2012

go ahead and link your extensive solo pvp killboard, i'll wait.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

If enabling your particular playstyle was the sole focus of this game, you would have come close to something resembling an argument. But it isn't and you just don't understand that. I suspect you're actually incapable of doing so.

Full contact PvP rarely produces a commercially-viable game.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

extensive solo pvp killboard

:barf:

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

extensive solo pvp killboard

you literally don't know how any actual pvp works lmao

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Hello Sailor posted:

If enabling your particular playstyle was the sole focus of this game, you would have come close to something resembling an argument. But it isn't and you just don't understand that. I suspect you're actually incapable of doing so.

best part - PC EVE's PvP operates on the exact same rules as ganking, except if you run out of time the opponent doesn't have CONCORD-strength armor and damage. and yet Uedama has hosed him up so bad that that all that went over his head and he thinks "just neut/ecm the attacker" might work

ganking's a hell of a drug

e: holy loving poo poo missed the "just warp off" phahaha

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

If your PVP doesn't crash the node, you're doing it wrong.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Good Dumplings posted:

you literally don't know how any actual pvp works lmao

He just wants to PvE but he's too proud to admit it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Hello Sailor posted:

lol

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I do like that he's admitting that his extensive killboard can be annihilated merely by having to briefly share a real-time chatroom with his targets. You'd think someone with actual PvP skills would rise to the challenge and step up their game instead of crying endlessly into the void here.

The poster above you got what I meant, but I'll be more specific for you and 1001, who I'm sure will deliberately misunderstand it. I meant the mob-a-single-easy-target gankfest that unrestricted PvP almost always breaks down into leads to a falloff in player populations; first the targets leave, then the hunters when they run out of targets.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 18, 2020

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
how do you "rise to the challenge" of a literal invulnerability shield? the only way to gank someone in eve is if they're not paying attention. granted, it happens a lot because the game is boredom incarnate, but catching an attentive player simply can't happen.

now don't get me wrong, eve is a good game precisely because you can't get caught if you know wtf you're doing and don't commit to a fight, but it also means the other guy literally can't "rise to the challenge".

Hello Sailor posted:

The poster above you got what I meant, but I'll be more specific for you and 1001, who I'm sure will deliberately misunderstand it. I meant the mob-a-single-easy-target gankfest that unrestricted PvP almost always breaks down into leads to a falloff in player populations; first the targets leave, then the hunters when they run out of targets.

no, i got what you meant, and it's not true. even in loving eve there's not enough gankers to put a noticeable dent into people's income unless they're insanely bad and stupid at the same time, repeatedly. and eve has nullsec where there's zero consequence for blowing poo poo up. in other games where npc police is relevant it's even rarer that you ever get ganked, because you're just not worth the time.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Truga posted:

no, i got what you meant, and it's not true. even in loving eve there's not enough gankers to put a noticeable dent into people's income unless they're insanely bad and stupid at the same time, repeatedly. and eve has nullsec where there's zero consequence for blowing poo poo up. in other games where npc police is relevant it's even rarer that you ever get ganked, because you're just not worth the time.

yeah, from my experience it's not really that people leave a game where ganking exists, so much as they loving swarm to a game that promises they won't get ganked, and the other games on the market suddenly don't look so big in comparison. this happened back when Trammel opened, when WoW launched, to a lesser degree you see it with FFXIV right now except the promise is "you won't get instabooted from a dungeon for being two points off optimal equipment". the main issue is just making sure that people don't feel frustrated with the activity they want to do

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah that is true. the kind of person who doesn't want to get murdered will simply not even start playing a game like eve 99.9% of the time. which is fine.

also in a similar but opposite vein, over the last year or so, fuckin lineage 2 has been seeing a slight incline in players/revenue, which is just insane for a 17 year old game. not so insane when you realize it's one also of the very few onlines game that still features open world pvp that isn't broken in some stupid way though. yeah, it's pretty bad, and the game aged terribly, but if you want clans ganking each other in the field or doing giant castle sieges, the competition is incredibly thin.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

the key is to leave the competitive portion of eve free of ridiculous safety nets, if you want risk free income go to high sec lmao

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Truga posted:

how do you "rise to the challenge" of a literal invulnerability shield? the only way to gank someone in eve is if they're not paying attention.

couldn't have said it better myself

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Truga posted:

how do you "rise to the challenge" of a literal invulnerability shield? the only way to gank someone in eve is if they're not paying attention. granted, it happens a lot because the game is boredom incarnate, but catching an attentive player simply can't happen[

[quote="Truga" post="503406284"]
how do you "rise to the challenge" of a literal invulnerability shield? the only way to gank someone in eve is if they're not paying attention. granted, it happens a lot because the game is boredom incarnate, but catching an attentive player simply can't happen.

Pattern recognition is a thing. I’ve killed a lot of players who were awake at the wheel and just got into certain habits (warping to the same pos/station etc).

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

quote:

EVE Echoes Live-Streaming 2020

EVE Echoes is hosting the first Devs-Streaming event on May 17th between 6 PM - 7 PM UTC! 5/ 1 7

What’s coming: the highly anticipated release date of EVE Echoes (FINALLY), as well as brand new features and a playable new faction-Yanjung will be revealed to all the pilots for the first time!:ai:

Get ready to embark on your epic adventure! Join in hands, for History is in the making! :o7:

New faction for Echoes? The purist in me is :argh: but the goon in me is :china:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Inimicul posted:

New faction for Echoes? The purist in me is :argh: but the goon in me is :china:

gently caress yes, finally!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

The saltier it makes purists, the better. We should adopt it en mass.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm legit excited to have mobile eve back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
And being their pet faction I'm certain it'll have a slight edge on the others.