Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Ad by Khad posted:

Having to deal with Chinese groups as equals and sometimes even blues did a great deal to get the atlas goon group to stop being so drat racist, I wonder if that could work for goonfleet

most of the chuds in gsf are super, super old players that have been around since like Dominion and never got put in a position of responsibility, so most likely they're not coming in here thank god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
I don't see anything about shield mods in low slots or losing a few mil to isk doublers, how can I truly believe he's one of us

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

killing things without an overarching goal is kinda boring tho

bbut the pubbie tearz

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Evernoob posted:

What did blackout do?

ensured anyone not with an intel channel had zero information, so defenders had even more of an advantage than they did before, and attackers had to waste time scanning for targets in empty systems

so sort of a weaker boot.ini

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

is that a joke, the defenders still had intel channels (and in delve titans sitting on every gate) while the attackers now had nothing and indeed had to move even slower due to having to dscan for targets. roams dried out bad during blackout due to the added tedium

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

have you been reading any of these posts, blackout was nothing but a buff to any vaguely-prepared defender. I dunno what "counters" you're talking about when half the time there weren't packs running in the first place

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

is that why "all the krabs ragequit?"

i actually played when blackout came out, i don't think there was a single pvper that actually complained, i have no idea how you come to the conclusion that it was a nerf to pvpers, that's pure delusion

krabbing got way denser, get out of hisec for more than two seconds

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Skex posted:

This isn't some complex concept to grasp, but apparently it's beyond the ken of the genius elite-pvpers such as yourself.

don't bother, hiseccers don't listen to logic

e: ...no actually do bother even if they don't, that was a really good post

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in CODE

lol ok boomer

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

ok, to put this on a non suck-rear end topic - globby, if there was non-dogshit bumping in this game, how long would you estimate it'd take for the devs to begin persecuting gankers. alternately how long do you think it'll take for them to monetize ganking because that's the wave of the future right there

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

yeah but also globby dumb

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

globby is basically colonel kurtz from apocalypse now but for freighter bumping, it be like it do

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

"oh this ship is landing on grid with me, i guess 10 seconds to react and warp off before he gets to me isn't enough"

"i could NEVER use a ship with far range because i'll only get 300 DPS instead of 450, cutting my efficiency down by 25% ;("

"play with a friend? fit a neut or defensive pvp modules? NEVER, that cuts down my efficiency!"

neat, I've never seen someone willfully admit to having no idea how non-gank combat works

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

extensive solo pvp killboard

you literally don't know how any actual pvp works lmao

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Hello Sailor posted:

If enabling your particular playstyle was the sole focus of this game, you would have come close to something resembling an argument. But it isn't and you just don't understand that. I suspect you're actually incapable of doing so.

Full contact PvP rarely produces a commercially-viable game.

best part - PC EVE's PvP operates on the exact same rules as ganking, except if you run out of time the opponent doesn't have CONCORD-strength armor and damage. and yet Uedama has hosed him up so bad that that all that went over his head and he thinks "just neut/ecm the attacker" might work

ganking's a hell of a drug

e: holy loving poo poo missed the "just warp off" phahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Truga posted:

no, i got what you meant, and it's not true. even in loving eve there's not enough gankers to put a noticeable dent into people's income unless they're insanely bad and stupid at the same time, repeatedly. and eve has nullsec where there's zero consequence for blowing poo poo up. in other games where npc police is relevant it's even rarer that you ever get ganked, because you're just not worth the time.

yeah, from my experience it's not really that people leave a game where ganking exists, so much as they loving swarm to a game that promises they won't get ganked, and the other games on the market suddenly don't look so big in comparison. this happened back when Trammel opened, when WoW launched, to a lesser degree you see it with FFXIV right now except the promise is "you won't get instabooted from a dungeon for being two points off optimal equipment". the main issue is just making sure that people don't feel frustrated with the activity they want to do