Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can finally spin ships at work directly on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well, I guess the server is still struggling under the mass of all the sweaty nerds trying to play. Nothing was working a few minutes ago without waiting a few minutes again. Just gonna try later

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Locked up a pubbie in a belt, and they ran immediately. Good game, will definitely play more just for this.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Made my way down too, going run anoms later for sure, need to set up pi

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Tell them to go back to empire lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Destroyers are really fun to fly, I wish I wouldn't have spent so much time on frigate skills but I'll use them for roams I suppose

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Makes sense. I'm really digging the corax right now, and the advanced destroyer skills really buff it well. I can't wait to get into a cruor in this game though, neuts and nos are always a blast

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, new slots really helped my corax. It's been a blast being able to play on the go. I'm hoping to finally get in on a roam when I get time

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Erev posted:

Expect scheduled roams starting the week after New Years. I'm gunning for twice a week to start led by me. Other people are of course welcome to do more.

Cool, I'll set up bluestacks for that

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yep, I'm going out in a blaze of mediocrity

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Skex posted:

Op tonight starting from H-PA around 6pm PST. Kitchen Sink fleet bring whatever shinny or rusty ships you want we're going to be flying around camping here camping there ganking whatever we can find fighting whoever comes after us. Less than a week to go until server wipe so nows the time to get some shinny poo poo killed while bringing as much excitement into the pubbie's lives as we can manage.

Hell yeah

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Skex posted:

Decent little op tonight, started off a little rough prior when I was picking up the Gila that Inimicus graciously gifted me to try out as he wasn't going to have time to enjoy it and ran into a gate camp at the Taisy/M-OEE8 gate, one of our guys lost a Garmur while black screen coming out of a station which meant our intended pointer wasn't available on time, plus it took a little extra time to find a safe route to the rally point in the Gila.

Once I made it to the station and got the fleet formed we took a few minutes to get a couple ships sorted for the op, some guy undocks a Cyclone and Stealthgerbil had a couple thrashers on the undock so we wait on baited breath to see if he's ballsy enough to aggress and joy of joys he is. We undock lock him up and pop him, a few minutes later while we're forming up we get a massive spike in local at which point I warp the fleet to a planet so we won't be stuck in station, the enemy had us significantly outnumbered and out shipped so we did a round of cat an mouse running them around the system until we could get the fleet together and I got enough rust shook off my FC skillset to figure out the actual route for our roam.

At this point Deathnexus volunteers to run point and grabs a Slasher II and she did an excellent job of hunting down targets for us, eventually bagging another Cyclone in an anomaly and an Omen and a Thrasher Trainer on a gate. We roamed around near Serpentis Prime a bit however by that point people were tired after the 43 jump journey and started logging off.

The highlight of the night for me was blue balling the try-hards who were trying to avenge their buddies battle cruiser we lead them on a merry but ultimately fruitless (for them) chase prior to going off to have our own fun. There are lots of people who get really worked up about their ehonor and they provide a near bottomless bucket of salty tears to feast on. Really looking forward for when this goes live.

This was really fun, and I wish I hadn't had to log off early. The tears were great, and I'm hoping to pick off some of these guys in anoms this week before reset.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I know I'm heading for heavier boats faster this time around

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Erev posted:

ROAM AND SERVER EVENT TONIGHT!

We will be starting our roam from H-PA at 02:00 UTC on January 10th (18:00 Pacific on January 9th). Our destination will be Black Rise where we will each try to get on some Serpentus event NPC killmails to qualify for free poo poo at soft launch.

We will then, of course, proceed to gently caress with everyone else in the system.

See you TONIGHT!

Can't wait. I may have to catch up to the group as I've got a late meeting, but I'll jump in asap

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Seeing tnt and the huge glob of Chinese groups staged in the event system to lock it down was pretty eye opening. Not sure why I expected anything different, but there it is.

I didn't crash on my phone, but the sound glitches and general lag in there were miserable

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bell_ posted:

So, I barely did more than install this. A friend of mine told me there was no PVP in the game after I told him all I'd probably need is a rifter that can tackle people. Is this really going to be the case?

Lol, there is. It was off in hisec, but it definitely exists.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Pvp will actually be outsourced to bungie who will do a p2p thing again which will totally work for this game

Rifters will be denied access, and you can only pvp in titans which must be bought with real money

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ynglaur posted:

It caused people to leave faster than Incarna. Hyperbole aside, Eve was flatlining on the table and it's still in the ICU. If Hilmar gets replaced with a competent software CEO it has hope, though, because of they fix sov and caps the game would be in a decent spot.

Lol I forgot about incarna

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Evernoob posted:

At least "safespots" aren't a thing yet, and i'm okay with that.

Without probes, they were a thing in the beta. I don't know if anyone tried any grid-fu, but I plan to the next round. You could conceivably do deepsafes, but that would take days and be pointless without bookmarks.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Source your, uh, quotes? Screeds?

My taint is reaped from reading those

Namaste

الله أكبر

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Local is supported by the lore, that's all I need to know why it exists and I'm cool with that idea :shrug: it makes sense with the gate system

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

EVE Echoes - Burn your phone with Jita

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Personally, I liked being able to poop while playing this and that the lasers went *pew* and the missiles went *woosh*

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just release drat game :psypop:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Release the game you cowards

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rhymenoserous posted:

Capacitor trick not work in this?

It does, good things are good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Inimicul posted:

New faction for Echoes? The purist in me is :argh: but the goon in me is :china:

gently caress yes, finally!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm legit excited to have mobile eve back

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Can't wait for mobile dust, and hell let's go whole hog and get that vampire mmo on mobile too

Hire me ccp

I mean it, hire me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

EE is fun, jump in fam

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Chalkece posted:

Wait.. You can already play it? I thought it will be available mid august

A bunch of us played the beta a few months ago. There's one more and then release. Just play spaceships

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

August 13th, or so they say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I can't wait for release