Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Forgot all about this game until I got the notification yesterday that I pre-registered months ago, and can start downloading.

Hoping this works out well enough. Being a mobile platform I'm assuming large-fleet nullsec gameplay is probably going to suck rear end, but I could see this being decent for solo or small gang PvP.

Are things like modules and ship fits going to be 1-to-1 identical to actual EVE Online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Read somewhere that characters are going to be wiped between open beta and actual launch. That's a mild bummer.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

How is it on data volume when not on wifi?

how much of my limited 4G data cap is the thing hogging to send my private data off to china is what i'm asking i guess

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Touch controls feel pretty decent for the ten minutes I was able to play. Got to the bit of the tutorial where I had to buy my non-rookie frigate and the market is apparently completely dead.

I did get 2 million ISK and 100,000 SP in my mail though as compensation for server difficulties so :toot:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Servers were in maintenance for ages while they apparently spun up a whole new server just for the market. Back in the game now and still nothing happens when I click "Purchase" on this Slasher.

Good start so far.

Edit: finally went through. Took about ten minutes after pushing the button.

Edit2: Half hour later or whatever and I'm now the proud owner of one Slasher for each and every time I tried to press the "Purchase" button.

The novelty factor of having EVE on my pocket is really strong here, but this... I dunno, it's just making me want to reinstall Actual EVE instead of playing with this "EVE But Somehow Even Worse" thing.

Drone fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 3, 2019

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

The localization is steaming hot poo poo though

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Am I blind or are webs and warp disrupters not on the market?

Got bored last night before bed, figured I'd slowly make my way out to Syndicate or something for old times' sake. Putzed around Syndicate for awhile, found nobody anywhere (is there no D-scan? I couldn't find it in any of the menus), then just gave up and went back to dock up in Reblier and go to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Carth Dookie posted:

Also LOTS of Chinese in local

I mean, the game is basically made by China for China, they just happened to let the rest of the world in on it too.

Game's neat enough but it just feels so incomplete. The fittings just feel weird. The UI is fine for about 70% of what you need to do, but other than that I'm just not feeling much pull to play this. The ship "tier" system is just downright strange. And the fact that progress is going to be wiped before launch just makes me not want to invest much time into this.

But as far as testing the concept of mobile EVE goes, I guess I'm interested in seeing how they keep developing this. It's NetEase so I'm not expecting anything good, but maybe they refine the formula to make it work.

Drone fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 6, 2019