Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Gonna try me some less complicated EVE.

Anyone know if the trained skill benefits that aren't explicitly labelled as being for a particular shiptype will work on other ships?

Example: Expert Frigate Command V has two skill effects specifically labelled as frigate bonuses, then a third just as "Warp activation cost -20%". Will that bonus carry over to cruisers? Will it stack (presumably multiplicatively, not additively) with the same bonus from Expert Cruiser Command V?

If so, it looks like you could also stack % powergrid reduction for turrets and duration of damage boosting modules (heat sink, gyrostabilizer, etc) this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Tortilla Maker posted:

Did the tutorial where you fight pirates, take loot, and then buy a new ship. That's where the tutorial ends.

So what do I do now?

Train destroyer and missile skills, sign up with goons, and go ruin peoples' day in nullsec.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I think it's useful to look to Bartle's classification of MUD players here. He identified a distinction between people who primarily wanted to interact with other players (classifying them as "socializers") and people who primarily wanted to act on other players (classifying them as "killers"). The redtext dude that the rest of you have spent the last page arguing with is clearly in the latter category.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Sneak Lemming posted:

Whats the deal with local chat in the game?

It's fine. Dude is just super mad that he can't multibox his way to easy ganks.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Yeah, weird how absolutely no one is reading any of your manifestos about it to find out what your specific problems are, right? Take a loving hint.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

If enabling your particular playstyle was the sole focus of this game, you would have come close to something resembling an argument. But it isn't and you just don't understand that. I suspect you're actually incapable of doing so.

Full contact PvP rarely produces a commercially-viable game.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I do like that he's admitting that his extensive killboard can be annihilated merely by having to briefly share a real-time chatroom with his targets. You'd think someone with actual PvP skills would rise to the challenge and step up their game instead of crying endlessly into the void here.

The poster above you got what I meant, but I'll be more specific for you and 1001, who I'm sure will deliberately misunderstand it. I meant the mob-a-single-easy-target gankfest that unrestricted PvP almost always breaks down into leads to a falloff in player populations; first the targets leave, then the hunters when they run out of targets.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 18, 2020

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Looks like corps that are sufficiently space-rich can indefinitely extend the subscription (omega clone) time of some/all of their members.

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm trying to think of a good corp name that would have the initials PONZI.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I rather doubt that they want to pay an employee to review tons of trades. So except for trades that trip very specific qualifications for suspicion, "audits" are probably just an automated timer applied to free accounts receiving the results of a trade. I imagine the biggest result will be to cut the bulk of flippers and speculators out of the market.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

goonflet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I love receiving angry tells in MMOs just for my guild/corp tag.