Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

This Sheep Game goes up to eleven (and I'm in it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Fermented Tinal posted:

A $1k beater in Ontario has a good chance of coming with a safety already done. I only put $1k down because I was worried $500 was gonna be top sheep even though $500 is what I'd consider true beater territory.

My $1k is in Canadian dollars.

Top 15, ugh. This is not what I wanted.

See to me a beater is a vehicle which while cheap and trashy I could keep as my sole registered vehicle for 2-5 years and not at any point worry about whether I can get to work or have to do large surprise repairs in a snowbank. That, these days, around here is a 3k car either upfront or bought cheaper and made up with initial repairs. I've been lucky once or twice to find good cars much cheaper than that (and worse ones for more cake) but if I'm looking that's my budget.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

My boiler plate for friend car recommendations is "any Honda that isn't V6/Auto, any Mazda not trashed by rust or any Toyota made before 2005" (after which they ask me to go help look at this cool Audi/Nissan/Mini they found for a great deal!!! :eng99:)

But I'd rather deal with a Mazda alllllll day long.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Hope I don't ace 16 :colbert:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Deeters posted:

Also surprised no one picked Boomerjink's DINO DAMAGE

gently caress that guy tho.

Legit surprised nobody went for the Intercontinental Datsun, it was really hard to choose between that, Kevbarlas and Mooecow for me