Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Sent, and also bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

InitialDave posted:

I can only assume you lot have never seen a BMW 2 series Active Tourer.
As it is not a Miata, my response still stands.

Oof.

Also lol at "anything Nissan" getting 2 votes

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 24, 2019

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Canadian Tire money :lol::lol:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MrChips posted:

Question 3: In my opinion, this is the most important and defining characteristic of a luxury car, by far.

ACES:

The under column junk vent - cursedshitbox
Ooh, good call

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I interpreted question 12 wrong, but at least I wasn't alone.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MrChips posted:

Question 14: I don’t mind working on cars, but any time this job comes up I have to force myself to do it, it’s so miserable.

Any job outside in winter - InitialDave

Anything on other people's cars - nitsuga
Solid answers

Fermented Tinal posted:

I wolfed with the Caravan, seriously? The one well-known vehicle that has undergone the least change in the last two decades.
I honestly forgot Dodge was still making them. All I see are the new Pacificas which yes are probably the same platform but I thought the Caravan went the way of the Voyager and now Dodge only makes Chargers and SUVs.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 30, 2019

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Nearly all of the answers on 14 I agree with. Brakes is probably the easiest. From the top answer I can say there are probably 6 others who has their SO driving the car that also hauls the family around. Seriously the family car is depressing as hell climb into. Just filthy all the time, trash, food, socks. Cleaning my wife’s car is nasty.

Little surprised I whiffed on the M3. F150 and 911 were definitely the right answers.
Cleaning a car is easier than doing the brakes but I'd rather do neither.

My thought on it was this: if I gently caress up the timing belt or changing ignition coils and spark plugs or wiring, I gently caress up the car but I can pay a professional to fix it / tow it away. If I gently caress up brakes and I gently caress it up bad then when I want to car to stop it won't stop in a controlled safe fashion.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

IOwnCalculus posted:

I just loving hate bleeding the fuckers, going through all kinds of brake fluid.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I stand by my lone wolfs (wolves?) and want to know more about the following:

MrChips posted:

Question 15: AI has been around for quite a while now. This is the greatest story to have been told in the entire history of the subforum.
ACES:

doogle cracked his own windshield from sheer engine torque, on a Honda Civic of all vehicles - Seat Safety Switch

When I went crazy - The Door Frame

Moving house in a Pinzgauer and 5-ton - InitialDave

Adiabatic and the Chrysler wiring diagram - Kazinsal

Queen Combat knocking down her neighbours door - slothrop

The continuing saga of toplitzin's Volvo P2 troubles. - nadmonk

TT's journey from babby tryhard to genuine cool family dude - Fender Anarchist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Yay! Somewhere in the middle!