Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Editing out now that everything’s been shipped.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Okay, both of mine have been sent out. I have bad news for one - one of the items I sent you is going to arrive later than Christmas because I couldn't find any easy retailers that carried it. You've got another thing that'll arrive first though. It'll say so on the note if you're that poster.

In any case,

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Okay, my Santee should look for their gifts this Thursday. I got you one movie I know you like and then two wildcards that I think are just eternal works of art. Hope you like them!

I'm guessing this was you?

If there's any proof that Lil Mama is a real one, I think I last mentioned loving KTS on this forum like eight months ago. It's a top five of all time for me.

I love this forum and I'm so glad to be getting angry on the internet with you all. Thanks so much for letting me into your community and I hope we'll all see each other again here next year.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Dude I’m glad you liked! Have you seen the other two movies?

I have not! I’ll check out the Bergman this weekend and Kwaidan on my holiday off.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

All these deep dive gifts are making me feel insecure.

I’ll admit I felt this way too, when I looked at one of my Santee’s wishlists I was like “awesome! What the gently caress is that.” Some of this has made me feel like the biggest plebe on the subforum. But I think I made some good picks after a little research, and most importantly this isn’t a clout contest. If someone sent me a blockbuster superhero movie they thought had something interesting to say I’d watch it and give it all my attention just the same. It’s the holidays, gently caress being cynical, just for a little while.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Mistake post.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

axelblaze posted:

Pirate Jet:
Listen, normally if I got something I already had I would just be polite and not say anything but I just have to say that having lost all my blurays, the chances of you getting something I already had were staggering so I just have to look at it in wonder. It is a great gift though and I wouldn't have it if I hadn't had a bunch of insurance money right as the Criterion sale started a month a few months back. Still, it's obviously something I wanted so Thanks!

Oh, motherfucker. Do you want to exchange it for something else? I can try and see what we can figure out in Amazon’s return process. So sorry.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
jfc TheBizzness, lmao.

Thanks so much! Ang Lee is always welcome, liking Terminator 2 is a fundamental law of the universe, and I'm all about Panos Cosmatos but never owned a copy of Beyond the Black Rainbow for myself. I'll check out the rest when I can!

Happy holidays, CineD. Was a lot of fun participating with y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Timby posted:

drat, son, loosen your wristband.

It's just the angle my wrist is bent. :v: