Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
Has anyone managed to get The Minish Cap working on the GBA core? I can’t get past the file select screen, it renders offscreen, jitters and doesn’t react to button presses:

e: I should've read the readme for the GBA core on Github, turns out the open source BIOS has issues, swapping it out for Nintendo's one fixed it.

Magic Mango fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Neo Geo Pocket would be nice too.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Heck yeah, I should probably read Jotego's Patreon updates.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

There's a Super Game Boy core out that does SGB & SGB2 and it's pretty amazing. I imagine it'll be part of update_all soon enough, but it's trivial to install, you just need the files at that link plus the SGB BIOS (sgb1.sfc/sgb2.sfc). Tested out a couple of games and it seems to work perfectly, even Space Invaders' 'trick'.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Atrac was also being a dick about Robert Peip stopping work on the N64 core to try creating his own game.

The MiSTer community has repeatedly achieved things that were considered pipe dreams, and I think it’s in large part thanks to a stable platform and affordable hardware (especially when Intel were subsidising the FPGA). The MARS clowns don’t have that going for them.