Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/JoshuaRozenberg/status/1200829426084302849

The Warren Hill bit is from about 7:30 onwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
The problem with performative stupidity is that after a while it ceases to be performative

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

Is that why they burn the moors in yorkshire then? I wasn't sure if it'd take trees up there cos it's very rocky, you can see it on the ascent, the old stone worn out by the rivers and glaciers to make the tees valley.

I know they burn them in patches but I thought it was cos otherwise it all loving goes up at once whenever there's a fire.

Likely that's more about keeping grouse - I think the idea is they prefer the young heather which you get when it regrows after burning. Although the latest data seems to suggest it doesn't really make a difference to grouse density. Turns out rich landowners were poisoning watercourses and emitting loads of carbon for no reason at all other than tradition and the enjoyment they get from pissing off everybody else. I'm shocked.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Channel 4 had an updated version up with 'of colour' in the subtitles but they've now deleted it?
https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1202894829090492416

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

The graun is furiously rewriting their hit piece. Shame that the original headline remains in the URL https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/09/matt-hancock-adviser-assaulted-during-leeds-hospital-campaign-visit

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/marta_zboralska/status/1204094830365806593

lol of course Hodges was the one to humiliate themselves most of all over this. like clockwork

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

A thread about the social media bots being employed by the Tories:

https://twitter.com/marcowenjones/status/1204183081009262592

Seems like the kind of disinformation-campaign-with-Russian-characteristics that CIA funded information warfare experts should look into

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Voted in deep blue South Leicestershire. Polling station quiet as per usual. Was the youngest person there by at least 30 years

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Weasling Weasel posted:

The 60+ year old generation who prop the Tories up are almost certainly not hashtagging.

Ahem

https://twitter.com/NSoames/status/1131198309232726016

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Maybe we just need to Brexit so we can go back to fighting the Tories on other issues

hard to be optimistic about that when the tories will get to redraw the constituency boundaries based on 2015 registered voter numbers and enact a bunch of methods of blocking people from voting