Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
As someone who doesn't want to drudge through the already tiresome election post-mortems, can anyone elucidate for me what this means strictly in terms of Brexit? Does this mean that the last milquetoast deal Johnson put forward before the campaign began is likely to pass in January, or is a hard Brexit now a distinct possibility on January 31 given the Tory majority and its cannibalism of the Brexit party?

I've never really prepared much for the previous deadlines, just because I assumed that dithering would lead to continued delay, but now I'm seriously thinking I might need to prepare in the new year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
My wife and I moved to the UK a year and a half ago and after being in a weird limbo I'll be starting a new job in Scotland in the new year that pays substantially more than I've ever made in my life. Given that we're both debt free and now aiming to live in the UK long term, I'd like to start looking at simple investing, but I'm not sure how best to start things off. Is there a UK investing or money guide anywhere? I know there was one for Canada that was really good with basic step-by-step guides.