Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Emron posted:

This is going to sound spoiled which is not my intent, but the reality of it is that you kind of enjoy winning less. You go from being excited that you won to being anxious about losing.

I could understand this rubbing people the wrong way but I think it makes a lot of sense. I don't know if everyone's mind works this way, but in the very few things I've ever been good at competitively once I started having success it very quickly went from taking joy in succeeding to being terrified of failing to meet people's expectations and super hard on myself if I did anything other than win outright. And even if I won I didn't enjoy it, it was just what was expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wernox posted:

Lorenzo Neal is coming back! Some people had him going round 1-2 in their mock's before he missed the whole season

https://twitter.com/loneal40/status/1203040261519151105

"Lorenzo Neal" is a name that I swear has been in football for my entire life.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Shappa posted:

Joey Gatewood is going to be very good at Kentucky and I am legit worried about Auburns game with them next year.
In theory he sits next year unless he gets the waiver, right? And from a glance at Kentucky media they don't sound like they're expecting that to happen. (Obviously I hope they let him play whenever whereever.)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ehud posted:

"Lorenzo Neal" is a name that I swear has been in football for my entire life.

If you're under 30 it literally has

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
His dad was the best blocking fullback I've ever seen.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lorenzo Neal was a loving battering ram of a FB for the Chargers. Loved watching him when it was the age of the FB's.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

vyst posted:

Lorenzo Neal was a loving battering ram of a FB for the Chargers. Loved watching him when it was the age of the FB's.

I was 7 years old when Neal broke Mario Bates' jaw in an argument over playing time

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I hate all teams that are not my own. But also sometimes my own.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This lead me to Lorenzo Neal's Wikipedia page where I learned that, while at Fresno State, he won an exhibition Sumo match in Japan.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

In theory he sits next year unless he gets the waiver, right? And from a glance at Kentucky media they don't sound like they're expecting that to happen. (Obviously I hope they let him play whenever whereever.)

Yeah, sounds unlikely, especially since waivers usually come from the previous school cooperating, and with Kentucky playing Auburn next year not sure they'd want that, but you might have a better read on that than I do. With Terry Wilson and Sawyer Smith coming back, presumably at full health, it might not be necessary right away. He's already redshirted though right? So he'd be here 3 years either way I guess, and might as well have him available if they can.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Right, yeah, that's the likely scenario. With a bunch of high profile transfers in the past few years who immediately play I forgot there's a year long transfer period for most players.

So on the bright side we're probably not going to lose to Kentucky next year. Someone quote this for future reference.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

To the extent it matters, I think Auburn would have to be cool about this one -- I wanna say there was one incident in the past few years where there was a little haggling about a guy transferring to a school we had on the upcoming schedule (maybe non-con?) but I can't recall the specifics. But Gatewood redshirted when we was supposed to, lost the competition by a nose and never made any waves publicly so I would really hope Gus would not make a thing out of this.

Thing is, as far as the NCAA is concerned, transfer eligibility waivers are granted for "hardship", so there has to be some pretext even if everyone knows -- as we obviously do in this case -- that the guy is leaving to get more playing time. Unless he's got a sick grandma in Harlan we've never heard about, idk what they can do.

where's that flowchart...

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 7, 2019

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/06/us/wake-forest-christmas-parade-cancel-confederate-trnd/index.html

Wake Forest would rather cancel a parade than tell racists go get hosed

Lol gently caress a deac

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

iwentdoodie posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/06/us/wake-forest-christmas-parade-cancel-confederate-trnd/index.html

Wake Forest would rather cancel a parade than tell racists go get hosed

Lol gently caress a deac

Doesn’t look like it has anything to do with the school.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

General Dog posted:

Doesn’t look like it has anything to do with the school.

Doesnt matter, it's the first time I've ever seen a headline that included the words Wake Forest outside this forum so I'm running with it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Doesnt matter, it's the first time I've ever seen a headline that included the words Wake Forest outside this forum so I'm running with it

Wake Forest the university hasn't been in the town of Wake Forest, North Carolina for over 60 years. It's in Winston-Salem.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Alaois posted:

Wake Forest the university hasn't been in the town of Wake Forest, North Carolina for over 60 years. It's in Winston-Salem.

I maintain my previous statement, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
every football team in college and the NFL should be required to play with a FB on the field, imho