Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I find it hilarious that a trick play loving knocked Alabama out of the playoffs. There's no loving way the committee can even justify including them over a 2 win conference champ. Hell, Wisconsin is 3-1 against ranked teams. Alabama's only top 25 win is against a loving "we're putting a 3-2 A&M team 24th to give Alabama a top 25 win" and it backfired wonderfully in the end :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That’s not how counting top 25 wins works

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FSU sucks. That is all

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

General Dog posted:

I don't care :smug:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh no

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/993911199959060480?s=19

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

When you really should've taken the Florida job

Florida won 10 games with zero run game, a former 2-star QB, and a fairly thin defense coached by Todd Grantham. Only the biggest homers could've predicted Florida winning 20 games in Mullen's first 2 seasons with likely back-to-back NY6 appearances. The one thing Mullen's Florida is missing is big success on the recruiting trail, which may come in time with long-overdue facility upgrades, and more success on the field. For example, Clemson's recruiting didn't really take off until after DeShawn. I have confidence in the future of Florida football, which is something I haven't been able to say for the last decade.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I think even if LSU and Ohio State lose next week, unless it’s a blowout loss for either, they are in the playoff. Obviously if Clemson wins they are in and then if Georgia wins that would be the 4. Everybody else needs either Clemson of Georgia to lose.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV beat Reno in overtime to keep the Fremont Cannon red

Nice note to end the season on and gives a lil hope that maybe things will get better with the next head coach (they won't)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/PFBoone/status/1200991527234867200?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

General Dog posted:

The MWC would take BYU back in a heartbeat

gently caress BYU, stay out

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

lol that owns

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

PSU sucked massive rear end against Rutgers

Still maybe going to the Rose Bowl

Delayed response, but it'll be either Wisconsin (if they somehow beat Ohio State) or Minnesota (head to head over Penn State with same record). Don't see how PSU has a route to Pasadena, honestly.

Also don't see Ohio State going but there's very little reason, even with a conference championship loss, for them to be denied at this point.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

iospace posted:

Delayed response, but it'll be either Wisconsin (if they somehow beat Ohio State) or Minnesota (head to head over Penn State with same record). Don't see how PSU has a route to Pasadena, honestly.

Also don't see Ohio State going but there's very little reason, even with a conference championship loss, for them to be denied at this point.

The committee really loves PSU for some reason so Minny will prob drop below them in the next playoff rankings, which is the Rose Bowl tiebreaker

Wisconsin is gonna get murdered by OSU. Again.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'd like to see Minnesota in the Rose Bowl, they're a fun team and I like to see new matchups.

Ohio St is terrifying and they'll probably beat Wisconsin by 30+ again. If not for that muffed punt, they were looking to put a 21-0 third quarter on Michigan today and play the backups the entire fourth.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Okay this is loving funny.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Minny was 8 and PSU was 10 in last week rankings. I don't see how Minny would only drop 1 spot after getting rolled by Wisconsin, but that's me. Its possible the committee demotes PSU a few spots for struggling with Rutgers, but has that happened before in the playoff era? I can't the last remember in the playoff era a Top X dropped after winning an ugly game vs a bad team. There was the Dobbs-Tennessee teams (I think), but that was eons ago.

deaf jesus
Feb 19, 2004
hear no evil
late to the party but gently caress you saban, you angry little man.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/gmraynor/status/1200934431453671424

Dabo can stop that whining. Just be glad you're inside the cartel and can run the table on a AAC-level schedule and cruise into the playoff.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 1, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fire the entire athletic department at FSU

we've been terrible for going on 20 years, with one anomaly

or stop pretending we give a poo poo about football and lean into baseball, jesus

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

R.D. Mangles posted:

evevry single sports team i like completely loving sucks at the same time, i'm losing it

:same:

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

iospace posted:

Dumb question, but why wouldn't Wisconsin be in the running if they lose to Ohio State? Ohio's in the playoffs if they win (they will win), so wouldn't the Big Ten runner up be a better get for the Rose Bowl?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

General Dog posted:

Alabama is, objectively, worse than Illinois

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Dumb question, but why wouldn't Wisconsin be in the running if they lose to Ohio State? Ohio's in the playoffs if they win (they will win), so wouldn't the Big Ten runner up be a better get for the Rose Bowl?

It would be Wisconsin's third loss (Illinois and Ohio St twice).

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am real fuckin sick of Don Brown's bullshit defense that doesn't work against anyone with talent

Michigan is a jobber to the stars

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Dabo continues to be a whiny lil bitch.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

In the CFP era, Rose Bowl is determined by playoff rankings. Wisconsin is basically out of it no matter what barring a win (lol)

Colaroado got screwed by this a few years ago when they lost in he GC and USC jumped them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I hope Bama doesn’t even get an NY6 bowl. Realistically they should be the 5th ranked SEC team.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

So glad I don't have to care about south carolina football any more this year

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
By any sane predictive metric, Georgia will lose on Saturday. But I choose to Believe in the Victory.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/V8Blazing/status/1200954374106877952?s=19

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I love this and they're one of the few bands that gets it.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

no funeral

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Still thinking about the unfair play of the punter at wr

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You know what, good for Mac for getting CMU to bowl eligibility. That might be the perfect spot for him. Glad AF he's gone though

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well Iowa state sucked it up against KSU. Missed the game because of a wedding so I don’t really have anything else to add.

Still, a bowl game, winning record in conference and overall is a good season at ISU. Next year we have to replace an experienced o line so we’ll see how that goes. Things still look good for the near future anyway.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I entirely missed the game due to being at my girlfriend's sister's house about 10 miles outside of cell service for a belated Thanksgiving but please allow me to say Vols bitch thanks

I know there's still bowling to go do but I am excited for next season

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dirty shrimp money posted:

https://twitter.com/gmraynor/status/1200934431453671424

Dabo can stop that whining. Just be glad you're inside the cartel and can run the table on a AAC-level schedule and cruise into the playoff.

Dabo thinks UNC is a big win just because of how badly clemson struggled against them.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Kentucky only threw the ball twice yesterday and one of those two attempts was a drop... but that didn't matter because they literally ran all over Louisville. 40 carries averaging 12.9 a carry as they absolutely gashed their in state rivals. Looks like it'll be another Music City Bowl.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Since the 2000 season:

Michigan is 3-17 against Ohio State.
Penn State is 5-15 against Ohio State.
Purdue is 4-8 against Ohio State.

Purdue is Ohio State's true rival thank you for listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

vyst posted:

You know what, good for Mac for getting CMU to bowl eligibility. That might be the perfect spot for him. Glad AF he's gone though

Dan Mullen has 10 wins two years in a row. :feelsgood: And they should be a competitive team again next season.

Alabama should be below Florida in the rankings and bowl selections. Either way, they're going to be so flat for their bowl game. Are they really going to keep Golding as their DC???