Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I regret to inform you all that Michigan State escaped Maryland 19-16 and thus there will be one more game of Mark Dantonio coaching Brian Lewerke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Well at least it'll be an easy bowl trip for the families of all the Detroit kids

I’m so pissed Christmas is in the middle of the week this year because if that bowl matchup is actually MSU vs. Florida State I would love to stay in Michigan an extra two days to see it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Best win is probably A&M. To their credit they've blown everyone out aside from the UNC game which is what a great team should do with an iffy schedule. But also they've been ranked in the top 4 for basically the entire season so Dabo should really take a binkie and shut the gently caress up.

He should, but coaches feel obligated to come up with motivation and fake doubters when they’re too good to have real ones. Remember when Alabama used a Seattle Times article about how Washington could theoretically beat them as proof that the national media didn’t believe in Bama?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

They can probably buy their way out of the Citadel if they wanted to badly enough, but they'd need a partner willing to do the same with their own cupcake.

Well maybe not for next year since it's probably too late, but schools do wiggle out of scheduled non-con games now and then.

Isn't the Citadel/Furman/Wofford/Presbyterian stuff mandated by the state?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Yates posted:

8 years ago today was the first Big Ten Championship game between Wisconsin and Michigan State. Was that game the first sparty no?

lol not even close. Sparty No began in the Bobby Williams and John L. Smith eras, when it would happen several times per season.

If you want to learn more, play this Sporcle quiz that gets updated every time a new one happens:
https://www.sporcle.com/games/schnoxl/sparty_no

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yes every Michigan player is majoring in General Studies or Kinesiology, but Brian Cook knows people who have been in classes with them dammit!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Which Rutgers poster told us that Kenny Britt would say "I'm Kenny Britt bitch, I'm Kenny Britt" to himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ehud posted:

"Lorenzo Neal" is a name that I swear has been in football for my entire life.

If you're under 30 it literally has