Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What crazy bullshit has to happen for the committee to justify putting a two loss Alabama team into the playoffs because I now want that to happen just for the sake of watching the world burn.

Let's see
LSU beats UGA (preferably a blowout to make Bama's loss look less bad)
Virginia Tech beats Clemson
Utah loses either tonight or in the Pac 12 championship

You've got 1. Ohio State, 2. LSU, and 3. Big 12 champ as clear choices, then with the Pac-12 and ACC champs champs being 2+ losses and some one-loss non-conference champs existing, a lot of controversy for the #4 slot.
I could see a Bama homer making the case that, by the eye test, Bama is should be in the conversation that slot alongside UGA and one-loss Clemson who ain't played nobody pawl.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Silly Burrito posted:

Alabama has no quality wins.

Hence my "only a Bama homer would seriously argue this"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Tatsuta Age posted:

I clicked through the iron bowl wiki page and it's crazy that you have to go back to 2003 for one where neither team was ranked

The Florida/FSU game had a similar streak going from 1987-2010

Red River shootout has an active streak going back to 1999

Ohio State/Michigan has an active streak of that going back to 1988

Nebraska/Oklahoma managed a streak like that from loving 1962-2004 (though they didn't play for 2 years in that span)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/1201572201603981312

What's going on at Coastal Carolina

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cnidario posted:

What are the chances of a Lonestar Showdown bowl game now? Both teams are 7-5, and I don’t think anyone wants yet another KSU-A&M snoozefest like the one two years ago

I think last time it was on the table one of the schools threatened to decline the invitation if they were invited to a bowl together.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Piesman voting is open, y'all

https://www.bannersociety.com/2019/12/4/20989410/piesman-trophy-2019-nominees

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Edward Mass posted:

I want to see Oregon and Baylor win their respective CCGs (along with chalk for the rest) so we can see what the committee does.

I'm pretty sure Baylor gets in in that situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ehud posted:

yeah!!

are there any atheist football coaches

If there are any, I don't think they're open about it. That'd make recruiting harder.