Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSU sucked massive rear end against Rutgers

Still maybe going to the Rose Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

iospace posted:

Delayed response, but it'll be either Wisconsin (if they somehow beat Ohio State) or Minnesota (head to head over Penn State with same record). Don't see how PSU has a route to Pasadena, honestly.

Also don't see Ohio State going but there's very little reason, even with a conference championship loss, for them to be denied at this point.

The committee really loves PSU for some reason so Minny will prob drop below them in the next playoff rankings, which is the Rose Bowl tiebreaker

Wisconsin is gonna get murdered by OSU. Again.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Minny was 8 and PSU was 10 in last week rankings. I don't see how Minny would only drop 1 spot after getting rolled by Wisconsin, but that's me. Its possible the committee demotes PSU a few spots for struggling with Rutgers, but has that happened before in the playoff era? I can't the last remember in the playoff era a Top X dropped after winning an ugly game vs a bad team. There was the Dobbs-Tennessee teams (I think), but that was eons ago.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Dumb question, but why wouldn't Wisconsin be in the running if they lose to Ohio State? Ohio's in the playoffs if they win (they will win), so wouldn't the Big Ten runner up be a better get for the Rose Bowl?

In the CFP era, Rose Bowl is determined by playoff rankings. Wisconsin is basically out of it no matter what barring a win (lol)

Colaroado got screwed by this a few years ago when they lost in he GC and USC jumped them.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Yates posted:

I still say it's going to be Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.

Wisconsin wont look so hot after they lose 59-0 again. OSU is gonna murder Wiscy as the #1 seed matters

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I had a class with a hockey player once. He was cool

I also walked past Hackenburg on campus once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

lol Bama. And Minnesota too.

Back in 2016, before the GC, Colorado was #8 and USC #11. After the Buffs lost the GC, they fell to #10 and USC jumped them to #9 and got the Rose Bowl bid. If Wisconsin gets rolled 59-0 again, they're gonna fall behind PSU and lose the Rose Bowl. If they keep OSU close, now that's interesting

PSU would prob be ahead of Florida if they beat up Rutgers some more, which is annoying as they would be in good position for the Orange Bowl. balls