Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Oh my god it's happening.

I can't wait to find out who the new coordinators who I'll hate in 2 years are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If it's Kendall Briles I'm gonna pitch a fit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

N: Auburn being fined $250,000 for fans rushing the field

V: SEC hates fun

KKKLIP ART posted:

I thought it was only $25K but some booster will be more than happy to pay it.

Don't the SEC rules increase the fines with each field rush?

It's gonna rule when schools are paying $3 million fines for rushing the field when they beat Bama.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

Yup, this was Auburn's 4th (I think?) infraction.

At some point, they're daring the SEC to try to enforce their rules. I imagine the poo poo would hit the fan in the media if the SEC tried to fine a school 7 figures for a field rush.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Democrazy posted:

I don’t think that one-on-one tutoring is the same as going to class, although I understand that it is often needed as a supplement. And, call me suspicious, but some NCAA investigations have led me to believe that some of these tutors may be going above and beyond their tutoring role.

Nah you paranoid

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cnidario posted:

What are the chances of a Lonestar Showdown bowl game now? Both teams are 7-5, and I don’t think anyone wants yet another KSU-A&M snoozefest like the one two years ago

Zero because A&M will have the SEC kill it if a bowl tries

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I taught classes with football players in them and some were good students!

Some never showed up except for exams.

Some of them turned in work that was very different from their exams. Like, night and day. Quite...interesting.

Did anyone from the administration or athletic department ever show up and go "You know it would be really helpful to the university if this player got a B"?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

tactlessbastard posted:

I had Biology Lab my first semester at Fayetteville and the first day my partner was Cedric Cobbs. He handed me his lab packet and left. He never showed up again.

I hope you did your duty and made sure he got an A

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Baylor would be avenging their only loss, which should count for something, but I think the committee would rather have Utah.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

Honestly it would loving rule to see Bama in like the meineke car care bowl

Glad to see Bama has gotten to a "Prince and the Pauper" state of mind where they want to abandon the tedious life of royalty to scrap in the streets with the peasants.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I don't truly hate any team, except TCU

Why TCU?

They always seemed to me like one of the least objectionable teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

I just don't like Patterson, he's a big fat crybaby and it's unpleasant to watch him sweat through multiple shirts over the course of 4 hours while his towel/water girl attends to him.

You make a solid case, but isn't every coach objectionable?

Dana Holgerson is an unhinged psycho who kneecapped his team and then talked poo poo about the players he basically betrayed by giving up on a season.

Tom Herman is a fake genius who kisses all the players.

Dabo Swinney is a head coach in name only who converts every student to prosperity gospel.

Every coach is making millions off the unpaid labor of students. You should hate 'em all.