Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Democrazy posted:

but I do think that a player taking all-online classes without some special reason is pretty shameful.

I'm kind of surprised that they're allowed to do so in the first place. Seems like a scandal waiting to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Democrazy posted:

And, call me suspicious, but some NCAA investigations have led me to believe that some of these tutors may be going above and beyond their tutoring role.

That's all I'm saying. What surprises me is that the schools aren't trying to pull some sort of rear end covering when it comes out that Star Player wasn't even going to online classes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I also walked past Hackenburg on campus once

I walked past the gigantic Finnish basketball player that is now Chewbacca.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Another Paterno difference is he spread a bunch of 'goodish' 3 and 4 loss seasons in there. Bama has been ruined by Saban's success and I think they'd turn on him if he were ever actually bad. It's been 9 years since Bama lost 3 games in a season, Paterno never had more than 5 in a row I think. While playing less games per season.

Paterno was very good at making sure that you had a 0 to 2 loss season often enough that every graduating class could say they had a season that they contended for a title. The rest was all 3 and 4 loss seasons between the contention years.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PupsOfWar posted:

mike leach knows no god but the forward pass

If you asked him, he'd probably start a rambling two hour story about how he thought about it and then did some reading and then some more thinking, then concluded that the one true way is an obscure, secondary Harappan diety. He refuses to name or describe this deity.