Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Liberty is 7-5. They will get to count one of their FCS wins (Hampton, Maine) plus UMass, Buffalo, New Mexico and TWO wins vs New Mexico State to be bowl eligible.

The sheer brazenness of this sham schedule is amazing. I'm glad they're going to a bowl because it's hilarious and I hope a Sun Belt team beats them by 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly don’t understand how they can have a division 1 team. Might as well let Bob Jones University in.

No conference is ever going to let Liberty join. Hell, BYU is too weird for the Mountain West, nobody is going to let Jerry Falwell Jr's diploma mill and grifting emporium in.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'd like to see Minnesota in the Rose Bowl, they're a fun team and I like to see new matchups.

Ohio St is terrifying and they'll probably beat Wisconsin by 30+ again. If not for that muffed punt, they were looking to put a 21-0 third quarter on Michigan today and play the backups the entire fourth.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Dumb question, but why wouldn't Wisconsin be in the running if they lose to Ohio State? Ohio's in the playoffs if they win (they will win), so wouldn't the Big Ten runner up be a better get for the Rose Bowl?

It would be Wisconsin's third loss (Illinois and Ohio St twice).

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Something mentioned in passing on the Solid Verbal recap kinda jogged my memory: isn't there some weird quirk about the service academies having like JV squads or practice teams but like not in the way other schools would do it (maybe they play live games against lower-division schools or something)? What am I trying to remember?

Army and Navy both have "Sprint football" teams where all the players have to weigh 178 lbs or less. There are like a dozen other schools that have teams.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm almost done with a Bachelors degree that I've done about 90% online. The only hurdle is that I have to find someplace to do a capstone project and the school absolutely refuses to give any guidance at all. Turns out it's tough to network if your classes are online!

Anyway, they're fine for athletes and anybody else who has other obligations. The vast majority of my classmates were working moms.

(The current issue is that I have a full-time job in the field but the school refuses to let me do the project there)

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Putting Bama at 12 seems like a fine way for the committee to say "there is absolutely no way we are putting them in the playoff no matter what crazy scenario you can dream up so don't waste your time"