Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Last night we all got to watch Nick Saban get hit with the realisation that the SEC wasn't going to rig that game for him because LSU and Georgia are the new hotness this season. You'd think he would have seen it coming, but no, instead we all get to witness the public meltdown as Bama got left out on their own without the benefit of every call ever.

I can't wait to see what sort of gong show is put on in the championship game to boost Georgia to winning and thus putting two SEC teams in the playoff.

Also Shaun Shivers trucking that Bama defender is already one of my favourite plays ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

I was thinking about Auburn/Alabama in terms of the last decade, in the 2010's Alabama lost 15 (i think) games total and 4 of them were to Auburn, which puts the Iron bowl at 6-4 'Bama for the decade.

Considering that Bama just had (and maybe still has) one of the most successful runs in the history of the sport it's actually kind of impressive that Auburn hung with them throughout the decade. Especially moreso considering how meh Auburn has been since 2013.

The obvious comparable would be Ohio State and Michigan, with Ohio State also going through a very successful decade and Michigan being quite good but not great, and uh, well, we know how that's going for Michigan.

In another way it's also kind of annoying because these wins are the only thing keeping Gus afloat and I'm quite ready to move on from him.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

Joey Gatewood is going to be very good at Kentucky and I am legit worried about Auburns game with them next year.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

In theory he sits next year unless he gets the waiver, right? And from a glance at Kentucky media they don't sound like they're expecting that to happen. (Obviously I hope they let him play whenever whereever.)

Right, yeah, that's the likely scenario. With a bunch of high profile transfers in the past few years who immediately play I forgot there's a year long transfer period for most players.

So on the bright side we're probably not going to lose to Kentucky next year. Someone quote this for future reference.