Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What crazy bullshit has to happen for the committee to justify putting a two loss Alabama team into the playoffs because I now want that to happen just for the sake of watching the world burn.

OSU and LSU getting blown the gently caress out and both starting QBs injured, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dirty shrimp money posted:

https://twitter.com/gmraynor/status/1200934431453671424

Dabo can stop that whining. Just be glad you're inside the cartel and can run the table on a AAC-level schedule and cruise into the playoff.

Dabo thinks UNC is a big win just because of how badly clemson struggled against them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Zwabu posted:

How far in advance are team's schedules set? If Clemson doesn't win the championship this year they won't have the same carryover good will next year if their schedule and conference are as weak as this year. Do they feel the need to schedule any stronger non conference opponents?

non conference schedules are set up years in advance.

next year clemson has a blistering out of conference schedule consisting of akron, notre dame, south carolina, and the citadel.

and of course an early season notre dame game is just the team you schedule to get a quick win against a "top ten opponent"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Adun posted:

Interesting thought exercise though if there were 5 P5 undefeated conference champions this year who would get left out?

Undefeated LSU
Undefeated Ohio State
Undefeated Clemson
Undefeated Oklahoma
Undefeated Utah

Out of those Clemson would have by far the weakest schedule?

It would absolutely be Utah.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Captain von Trapp posted:

FWIW, the fine caps out at $250k. Personally I have no idea why there is such a fine in the first place, every actual fan loves field rushing.

Eventually someone is going to get hurt and sue

or that one girl will just decompose in the bushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Democrazy posted:

I don’t think that one-on-one tutoring is the same as going to class, although I understand that it is often needed as a supplement. And, call me suspicious, but some NCAA investigations have led me to believe that some of these tutors may be going above and beyond their tutoring role.

Julius Peppers' tutor at UNC didn't help another student. Then when Peppers graduated, that tutor became his agent and didn't have another client.

This agent then used Peppers' connections with football and basketball players at UNC to float them high interest loans prior to getting drafted.

Good work if you can get it.